Author Topic: Mikaeel Kular: Mother Rosdeep Kular appears in court on murder charge.  (Read 45544 times)

Redblossom

Re: Mikaeel Kular: Mother Rosdeep Kular appears in court on murder charge.
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2014, 07:00:59 PM »
She was posting on instagram on the 14th and reported him missing on the morning of 16th.. I don't think he was in decomposed state..
IMO whatever happened was in between the night on 14th and the morning of 16th. But I agree with everything else..

A neighbour saw the boy playing on the Monday at the flats where he lived....a neighbour of the mums sister who lived right across her bungalow in Fife where he was found said she saw the mum drive up there either on the Tuesday or Wednesday morning, I tend towards, based on those, as not having been dead a long time (that last part presumng the mum drove there with the boy)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 07:03:12 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Carana

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2014, 07:01:41 PM »
Thats the law I suppose, dotting the i'sand crossing the t's...in the main the majority of pictures were around the story as it unfolded, not showing her picture specifically as the named detained and later charged...as I said, whats the point of shutting the door when the horse has bolted.....anyway, not a very important issue now

What I don't understand is why the police give the age of the person... it's a giveaway if there's only one person of that age connected to a case.

Cariad

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2014, 07:05:03 PM »
Yes, I just reread that definition.

I don't if this helps to clarify what "wicked recklessness" means.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/when-murder-can-be-defined-as-an-act-of-wicked-recklessness-1.46347

If that's the case, it could still include something like leaving drugs in reach of a child or something? There'd be no intent to kill, but death would still occur because of a 'wickedly reckless' action.

Offline Carana

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2014, 07:06:45 PM »
I was watching the charges read out live on the beeb and some guy in the background shouted 'hang the b*tch'. She's going to have a hard time getting a fair trial considering the coverage. I realise that she instigated that by reporting Mikaeel missing, but I wonder what impact that will have on the procedure?

From what I've read, in the US they have questionnaires for jury selection and on occasion they have moved trials elsewhere, supposedly to avoid bias, but I don't see how that works in the Internet age.

Offline Carana

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2014, 07:09:12 PM »
If that's the case, it could still include something like leaving drugs in reach of a child or something? There'd be no intent to kill, but death would still occur because of a 'wickedly reckless' action.

I think that that was what Davel was trying to point out, and that could, in effect, be a possibility.

Cariad

« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2014, 07:12:58 PM »
I think that that was what Davel was trying to point out, and that could, in effect, be a possibility.

I hope for the sake of the family (and of course Mikaeel himself) that it'll be something like that.

Offline Carana

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2014, 07:37:49 PM »
I hope for the sake of the family (and of course Mikaeel himself) that it'll be something like that.

It might also explain why the body was placed closed to where they had lived... It might all boil down to a stupid and tragic mistake. Alternatively, it might turn out that the police have got it wrong for some reason.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2014, 07:46:33 PM »
OK, thanks Lyall.

On the 14th she posted a very strange inspiration note.. something like 'until your last breath you have a chance of a good life'

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2014, 07:47:08 PM »
On the 14th she posted a very strange inspiration note.. something like 'until your last breath you have a chance of a good life'

Oh my...

Just can't read it

Offline John

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2014, 07:48:00 PM »
Apologies if this has already been answered, some members are assuming that a charge of murder automatically means that there is evidence to support it.  This is not the case.

The Scottish prosecutors routinely inflate the charge so that it can be reduced if the defendant agrees a plea deal.  In this case the charge could very well be reduced to manslaughter if she pleads guilty.  At the end of the day it is all about cutting court time and thus saving money all round.  Needless to say if she pleads not guilty and is found guilty she will get hammered!

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 07:54:58 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2014, 07:55:50 PM »
Apologies if this has already been answered, some members are assuming that a charge of murder automatically means that there is evidence to support it.  This is not the case.

The Scottish prosecutors routinely inflate the charge so that it can be reduced if the defendant agrees a plea deal.  In this case the charge could very well be reduced to manslaughter if she pleads guilty.  At the end of the day is all about cutting court time and thus saving money all round.  Needless to say if she pleads not guilty and is found guilty she will get hammered!

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much.
Do you think the coroner has already established the cause of death and when do you think this would be known in public, if ever?

Offline John

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2014, 07:59:00 PM »
From what I've read, in the US they have questionnaires for jury selection and on occasion they have moved trials elsewhere, supposedly to avoid bias, but I don't see how that works in the Internet age.

Her defence counsel will seek permission to have the trial (if there is one) moved to another city like Glasgow or Aberdeen.  It happens all the time in Scotland, I have no doubt any trial will not be held in Edinburgh.

One other thought.  Given the charge I am surprised that Sheriff Crowe didn't refer the case up to the High Court, that in itself could be a sign that the charge is inflated.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:04:01 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Redblossom

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2014, 08:14:16 PM »
if it referred to anyone and wasnt a blanket inspirational quote could refer to her, she posted another about things always happening at once and life testing you...neither to do with her son if thats what you were suggesting imo

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2014, 08:17:36 PM »
if it referred to anyone and wasnt a blanket inspirational quote could refer to her, she posted another about things always happening at once and life testing you...neither to do with her son if thats what you were suggesting imo

No, I wasn't suggesting anything except that I don't think she would be posting this if she's just killed her son.

I think whatever happened, happened the day after, on the 15th

Offline John

« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2014, 08:20:16 PM »
I was just about to reply to Eleanor's post when it was whooshed...

The Scottish system is very different from that in England yet we are all subject to the same Parliament in Westminster, pay the same taxes and are ruled by the same Queen.  The whole thing is a farce basically.  Most people convicted in Scotland on simple majority verdicts would not have been convicted if tried in England.  That's justice for you!  Personally I call it discrimination.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:41:22 PM by John »