Author Topic: Sun claims Maddie Fund could be wiped out!  (Read 49365 times)

Offline faithlilly

Sun claims Maddie Fund could be wiped out!
« on: September 18, 2018, 11:33:12 AM »
My things are ramping up. Interesting that the ‘victimhood’ card has been played so aggressively in the last few days.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7281872/madeline-mcann-fund-750k-case/

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 08:52:32 PM by John »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline jassi

Re: Sun claims Maddie Fund could be wiped out!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 11:37:03 AM »
Similar story in the Mail.

A source close to the family , or family pal must have given the Press a briefing, Kate & Gerry being too distraught to speak for themselves.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 11:42:22 AM »
Similar story in the Mail.

A source close to the family , or family pal must have given the Press a briefing, Kate & Gerry being too distraught to speak for themselves.

its in the news  here in  australia

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 11:45:36 AM »
My things are ramping up. Interesting that the ‘victimhood’ card has been played so aggressively in the last few days.

A very inaccurate story IMO
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 11:48:17 AM »

Indeed, but who is going to challenge it ? Will it be denounced as a load of B/S on Twitter & Facebook?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 12:06:11 PM »
Indeed, but who is going to challenge it ? Will it be denounced as a load of B/S on Twitter & Facebook?
I think they'll be licking their lips at the thought of the McCanns going under.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 03:09:41 PM »
 The sun story features the ever present 'source close to the McCanns' and says "Goncalo Amaral, 58, ludicrously claimed in a book that Madeleine, three, died in Portugal and that her parents covered it up.''
   yet also says the libel challenge against him was over turned in the next sentence.

'Ludicrous' seemed to be a favourite word of Clarence's since 2007.

''The intervention came as Mr and Mrs McCann's new spokesman defended the couple against the "ludicrous" suggestion that they were involved in Madeleine's disappearance. Clarence Mitchell, a former BBC reporter and civil servant, said the couple were "the innocent victims of a heinous crime", adding the suggestion they had harmed their daughter was "as ludicrous as it is nonsensical"

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/sep/19/ukcrime.paulhamilos

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 05:24:27 PM »
Which bits are inaccurate in your opinion?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 05:25:17 PM »

I thought you didn’t click on Sun links?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 05:35:02 PM »
Isn't this the huge innacuracy in the Sun story?

"MADDIE HUNT CRISIS Fund to find Madeline could be wiped out if McCanns lose £750k case against cop who claimed they were responsible for daughter’s death"

They are making out the McCanns are in a legal battle with Amaral. They aren't, that battle was lost -  they're going up against Portugal.

They also state the money will go to Amaral if they lose the appeal when in reality it will go to pay court costs.
All an attempt to make Amaral look like a nasty, vindictive man IMO even though he is not suing them and didn't start the legal wranglings in the first place.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 05:43:50 PM »
I thought you didn’t click on Sun links?

I don’t. It was posted in full elsewhere.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 05:47:54 PM »
I don’t. It was posted in full elsewhere.
Surely it’s not good practice to be spreading links to a paper that disgusts you so?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 05:49:54 PM »
Surely it’s not good practice to be spreading links to a paper that disgusts you so?

Why not ? Knowledgable people can work out the wheat from the chaff.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 05:50:15 PM »

"MADDIE HUNT CRISIS Fund to find Madeline could be wiped out if McCanns lose £750k case against cop who claimed they were responsible for daughter’s death"

They are making out the McCanns are in a legal battle with Amaral. They aren't, that battle was lost -  they're going up against Portugal.

They also state the money will go to Amaral if they lose the appeal when in reality it will go to pay court costs.
All an attempt to make Amaral look like a nasty, vindictive man IMO even though he is not suing them and didn't start the legal wranglings in the first place.

No?  Amaral just wrote a horrible book with no evidence whatsoever.  Fine in Portugal, or so it seems. 

It is all a bit beyond me.  And I suspect that things will change in future.  Although I must say that I don't really care.

The disappearance of Madeleine McCann has done more for Portugal than Portugal realises.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2018, 05:50:19 PM »

It sounds perfectly accurate to me.  The fund could be wiped out - yes.  The case will cost them £750k - sadly true.   Presumably they’ve not paid a penny yet - why not?