Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 395570 times)

Offline misty

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #5805 on: February 28, 2020, 01:37:39 PM »
I see that the UK intends to withdraw from the European Arrest Warrant mechanism.
I wonder what, if any, effect this may have on any future prosecution in the Madeleine McCann case ?

The EAW is not without its faults and the process can be abused by the State. I think anyone who may be subjected to an EAW in the McCanc case will need a very good team of lawyers.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/mar/20/british-man-faces-extradition-portugal

also
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/28/football-leaks-rui-pinto-in-prison-with-hard-drive-passwords-in-his-head
*snipped*
The 31-year-old, who created the Football Leaks website which provided some of the evidence that led to Manchester City’s Champions League ban and numerous other investigations into tax evasion and corruption in football and beyond, is still awaiting trial for alleged extortion, violation of secrecy and illegally accessing information despite being extradited to his homeland from Hungary in March 2019. Last week, his lawyers filed a complaint to the European Commission over inconsistencies in the original arrest warrant that accused Pinto of only six offences before that was increased to 147 while he was in custody.

Offline sadie

« Reply #5806 on: March 01, 2020, 10:05:25 PM »
Nothing has been reported about drug processing. Drug dealing happens all over the place. The media suggested the area was full of militant muslims. Not everyone agrees;

Vincent Kompany defends Molenbeek: 'It's not what the media makes it out to be'
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/vincent-kompany-defends-molenbeek-its-not-what-the-media-makes-it-out-to-be-a6790736.html

I got hold of an official document outlining the huge druggie connections between the Rif mountains of Morocco and Molenbeek St John in central Brussels

A long document; it is with SY, so I cannot share it.

ETA:  Soz.  Posted in the wrong thread, will copy it over if I am able

But I do wonder if that is something being investigated, cos human trafficking is also known to be practiced by people who also drug deal and smuggle.

Offline barrier

« Reply #5807 on: March 02, 2020, 08:59:35 AM »
I see that the UK intends to withdraw from the European Arrest Warrant mechanism.
I wonder what, if any, effect this may have on any future prosecution in the Madeleine McCann case ?

This case may well end with an unexpected twist such as this.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #5808 on: March 02, 2020, 09:02:25 AM »
The EAW is not without its faults and the process can be abused by the State. I think anyone who may be subjected to an EAW in the McCanc case will need a very good team of lawyers.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/mar/20/british-man-faces-extradition-portugal

also
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/28/football-leaks-rui-pinto-in-prison-with-hard-drive-passwords-in-his-head
*snipped*
The 31-year-old, who created the Football Leaks website which provided some of the evidence that led to Manchester City’s Champions League ban and numerous other investigations into tax evasion and corruption in football and beyond, is still awaiting trial for alleged extortion, violation of secrecy and illegally accessing information despite being extradited to his homeland from Hungary in March 2019. Last week, his lawyers filed a complaint to the European Commission over inconsistencies in the original arrest warrant that accused Pinto of only six offences before that was increased to 147 while he was in custody.

Not being of a legal mind,I'd imagine if the EAW specified only six then lumping more on him is out side of the terms of the EAW.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline The General

« Reply #5809 on: March 02, 2020, 09:23:28 AM »
Not being of a legal mind,I'd imagine if the EAW specified only six then lumping more on him is out side of the terms of the EAW.
Rui Pinto did a great deal of good. He will have a statue alongside Bobby Best and Georgie Charlton at Old Trafford if CAW rejects City's case.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 10:01:56 AM by The General »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #5810 on: March 02, 2020, 07:22:09 PM »

If the SY are investigating the crime as if it happened in The UK and the parents are suspects with proof they can be arrested here in the UK.

Same as Gary Glitter who commited some of his crimes against children abroad- he was arrested and charged here!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline jassi

« Reply #5811 on: March 02, 2020, 07:33:19 PM »
If the SY are investigating the crime as if it happened in The UK and the parents are suspects with proof they can be arrested here in the UK.

Same as Gary Glitter who commited some of his crimes against children abroad- he was arrested and charged here!
If the culprit is continental, ( a German seems current favourite), then that might present some difficulty.
Likewise if the PJ wanted some UK person.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #5812 on: March 02, 2020, 07:37:04 PM »
If the culprit is continental, ( a German seems current favourite), then that might present some difficulty.
Likewise if the PJ wanted some UK person.

Ah yes, I wasn't thinking about that.
what  If the OG have real proof Jassi and hand it over to PJ then they can make the arrests?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline The General

« Reply #5813 on: March 05, 2020, 02:21:21 PM »
Ah yes, I wasn't thinking about that.
what  If the OG have real proof Jassi and hand it over to PJ then they can make the arrests?
They may be waiting for the next wedge of money to arrive to fund the continuing action.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5814 on: July 13, 2020, 06:56:43 PM »
A new hero for the sceptics emerges...

Police officer who allegedly posted joke about Madeleine McCann keeps job
PC Paula Manos will be 'encouraged to reflect and learn from the issue'

A police officer who allegedly wrote a Facebook post mocking the parents of missing Madeleine McCann will keep her job - but will be put under a review.

The comment was posted on a Facebook page belonging to PC Paula Manos, a beat manager in  Thornbury, back in March 23, the day the UK's  coronavirus  lockdown was announced.

The post read: "I need a holiday so much I'd be willing to go away with the McCanns at this point."

After investigating the matter, Avon and Somerset Police has said the post does not meed the 'threshold of misconduct'.

However, the force added that the 48-year-old's profile post fell short of the standards of behaviour expected and that she will expected to take part in a review.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5815 on: July 13, 2020, 07:06:10 PM »
A new hero for the sceptics emerges...

Police officer who allegedly posted joke about Madeleine McCann keeps job
PC Paula Manos will be 'encouraged to reflect and learn from the issue'

A police officer who allegedly wrote a Facebook post mocking the parents of missing Madeleine McCann will keep her job - but will be put under a review.

The comment was posted on a Facebook page belonging to PC Paula Manos, a beat manager in  Thornbury, back in March 23, the day the UK's  coronavirus  lockdown was announced.

The post read: "I need a holiday so much I'd be willing to go away with the McCanns at this point."

After investigating the matter, Avon and Somerset Police has said the post does not meed the 'threshold of misconduct'.

However, the force added that the 48-year-old's profile post fell short of the standards of behaviour expected and that she will expected to take part in a review.

That's pretty funny to be fair.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Myster

« Reply #5816 on: July 13, 2020, 07:08:28 PM »
That's pretty funny to be fair.
Only to you.  Most sensible people here probably thought it was pathetic.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #5817 on: July 13, 2020, 07:10:59 PM »

I don’t think she was seeking a group of rather bored housewives approval.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5818 on: July 13, 2020, 07:21:47 PM »

Well, forgive me for having a sense of humour.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5819 on: July 13, 2020, 09:27:04 PM »
Ah well.  She’s been publicly shamed and in trouble with her bosses but I expect it was all worth it for the trolls and [ censored word ]s’ likes and retweets.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly