Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400695 times)

Offline barrier

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3210 on: February 03, 2018, 10:59:39 AM »
If everyone wants proven cites then we might as well give up.

But if were to say I've just read elsewhere that Mr Smith has never retracted his statement regards the sighting on the night of 3rd May 2007 and remain's with a certain degree of percentage of whom he saw would the forum accept it or would a cite be required?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3211 on: February 03, 2018, 11:04:51 AM »
But if were to say I've just read elsewhere that Mr Smith has never retracted his statement regards the sighting on the night of 3rd May 2007 and remain's with a certain degree of percentage of whom he saw would the forum accept it or would a cite be required?

you would provide the cite and others could make up their minds how reliable it was...a cite is not proof is the point i made

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3212 on: February 03, 2018, 11:05:30 AM »

I found it all so much more lively when Posters made statements and some other Posters proved it or not.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3213 on: February 03, 2018, 11:07:18 AM »
I found it all so much more lively when Posters made statements and some other Posters proved it or not.

so did I...the forum has got to restrictive...imo of course. The fact that I am unable to post without adding imo to everything proves the point...imo of course

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3214 on: February 03, 2018, 11:08:29 AM »

Since Mr. Smith's original statement quoted 60% to 80% his statement itself is ambiguous and in some doubt.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3215 on: February 03, 2018, 11:16:27 AM »
I have been asked to provide a cite...which I have via you. I was not asked to provide proof of the statement

I know. I was answering a different point raised by Rob. A better cite would have been a direct quote from Gerry or the lawyer saying he was advised to be silent, but I don't think either of them have commented.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3216 on: February 03, 2018, 11:19:00 AM »
I know. I was answering a different point raised by Rob. A better cite would have been a direct quote from Gerry or the lawyer saying he was advised to be silent, but I don't think either of them have commented.

i think we all understand that but imo its unlikely that the lawyer advised kate not to answer and not gerry...secondly I dont remember you questioning kates account of the advice before

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3217 on: February 03, 2018, 11:29:52 AM »

I disagree. Why should members be expected to research whether another members post is correct r not? Without cites being provided entire threads end up discussing things which may never have happened.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:00:34 AM by Angelo222 »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3218 on: February 03, 2018, 11:34:46 AM »
Was he incensed?  Was he advised not to answer?

That's news to me.  Is there a cite?  Or was that an IYO?

Incensed is the exact word Kate uses in her book to describe how gerry felt when asked the questions and that is why he decided to ignore the lawyers advice...according to Kate. The fact that it is news to you shows how incomplete your knowledge of the case is

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3219 on: February 03, 2018, 11:36:20 AM »
I disagree. Why should members be expected to research whether another members post is correct r not? Without cites being provided entire threads end up discussing things which may never have happened.

Entire Threads do end up discussing things that may never have happened.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:00:58 AM by Angelo222 »

Offline barrier

« Reply #3220 on: February 03, 2018, 11:39:55 AM »
Since Mr. Smith's original statement quoted 60% to 80% his statement itself is ambiguous and in some doubt.

Thats  subjective is it not.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3221 on: February 03, 2018, 11:40:44 AM »
Thats  subjective is it not.

no...60 to 80 % is by definition ambiguous

Offline barrier

« Reply #3222 on: February 03, 2018, 11:42:50 AM »
no...60 to 80 % is by definition ambiguous

Seeing as the court and jury of Jf holds no sway its subjective.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3223 on: February 03, 2018, 11:51:20 AM »
Seeing as the court and jury of Jf holds no sway its subjective.

In your opinion

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3224 on: February 03, 2018, 12:02:18 PM »
Nonsense that certain posters on here claimed witness Martin Smith had changed his mind. He's never changed his mind about the sighting.

Gemma O'Doherty

@gemmaod1
36 minutes ago

Louth man Martin Smith has confirmed he remains 60-80% sure he saw Gerry McCann carrying a child on the night Madeleine disappeared. Police are keen to talk to the man he saw, who has yet to come forward and identify himself. My report is in @VillageMagIRE today #McCann

20:40 "The Smiths themselves now believe they saw someone else."

« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 12:21:10 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.