Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400808 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3255 on: February 13, 2018, 10:36:37 AM »
When Biggs was found the world and its wife were informed,with the much publicised investigation into Madeleine's disappearance any notion of her being any where would soon draw attention.Redwood 2014:“There is always the potential that she didn’t leave the apartment alive. What is important for us to do is consider all the options,” he said.Still nothing to confirm either way.

This is probably why they are keeping quiet.  They wouldn't want her to vanish again.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3256 on: February 13, 2018, 10:38:04 AM »
I would imagine the government of any country would be falling over themselves to be helpful when a child is involved, especially a child as famous as Madeleine.

Some South American countries don't do extradition.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3257 on: February 13, 2018, 10:38:20 AM »
This is probably why they are keeping quiet. They wouldn't want her to vanish again.

Somehow, I don't think she is going anywhere - ever.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3258 on: February 13, 2018, 10:38:39 AM »
I would imagine the government of any country would be falling over themselves to be helpful when a child is involved, especially a child as famous as Madeleine.

... and you know that inter governmental cooperation isn't in operation using existing channels ... how?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3259 on: February 13, 2018, 10:39:57 AM »
Somehow, I don't think she is going anywhere - ever.

You do your thing and I'll do mine.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3260 on: February 13, 2018, 10:42:59 AM »
You're trying to trick me into Libel, aren't you?

Nope just asking a straightforward question.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3261 on: February 13, 2018, 10:46:05 AM »
   ... and you know that inter governmental cooperation isn't in operation using existing channels ... how?

I don’t but if there is inter government cooperation surely OG would need no further funding ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3262 on: February 13, 2018, 10:57:14 AM »
Nope just asking a straightforward question.

To which you know there is no straightforward answer without accusation.

Off to The Food Bank.  Back later.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3263 on: February 13, 2018, 11:14:01 AM »
Portugal had a lot of colonies and dependencies sprinkled throughout the world where Portuguese is still spoken ... so any of those?

But whatever ... I don't imagine it would be easy to extradite a child from anywhere ... even if her parents had the foresight to have her declared a Ward of Court.

You don't extradite children, you repatriate them.  I agree with Kate McCann however when she opined that Maddie never left the Algarve and can most probably be found close to Luz.  Puzzling then why they bothered to spend a fortune searching for her in every country except Portugal.  *%87
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline barrier

« Reply #3264 on: February 13, 2018, 11:30:10 AM »

The same as those that suppose some mysterious cooperation is involved,I make it up as I go along.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #3265 on: February 13, 2018, 11:38:01 AM »
I think the problem with Biggs was mainly to do with the law of the country where he was living, had married a national and fathered a child?
Was he not rushed off their hands tout suite when his marriage failed?

However in my opinion the circumstances are not comparable. 

Biggs was a fugitive from justice.

Madeleine is a missing person.

The fact that MPS have requested further funding is in my opinion a confirmation of sorts.  Make of it what you like ... I find it another hopeful development.

Its a confirmation of asking for more funding nothing more nothing less,which is strange in its self with the mirror article stating that the MET will not comment.Still we know what Rowley thinks of the rags.

This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3266 on: February 13, 2018, 11:43:40 AM »
You don't extradite children, you repatriate them.  I agree with Kate McCann however when she opined that Maddie never left the Algarve and can most probably be found close to Luz.  Puzzling then why they bothered to spend a fortune searching for her in every country except Portugal.  *%87

I think their private detectives were following the evidence in much the same way that Scotland Yard have been doing so where that may have taken them, who knows?

The thirteen children brought up in plain sight in America,  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/16/thirteen-siblings-found-chained-starving-california-home-say/  were never on anyone's radar because they came from an area and a section of Americans who had a firm belief system in operation which included home schooling of their children.

If these thirteen were raised in hidden circumstances which would be of concern to most, in the middle of a well populated middle class residential area ... how easy might it be to raise one child with two or three 'siblings' under the radar in many other areas of the world, including the Algarve.

Wasn't there at least one McCann private detective who contemplated the possibility?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3267 on: February 13, 2018, 11:47:41 AM »
Its a confirmation of asking for more funding nothing more nothing less,which is strange in its self with the mirror article stating that the MET will not comment.Still we know what Rowley thinks of the rags.

As far as I know there has been no comment made by anyone from Scotland Yard ... nor would I expect any.

Snip
Detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have applied for more funding for the search, the Home Office has confirmed.
http://www.policeprofessional.com/news.aspx?id=31483

Offline sadie

« Reply #3268 on: February 13, 2018, 12:38:40 PM »
As long as they bring the guilty party to book it doesn’t matter if they are powerful or not.
If someone like a President of the US, or even a President of an alien country were involved, (money making from the mega world trafficking and narcotics set ups, rather than actual paedophilia per se) then it would need immense diplomacy and unbreakable proof.  World Wars could be precipitated by an unsuccessful prosecution.   

The same goes with a bunch of say European Royalty, they do intermarry and come from the same roots in large part .... and their ancient origins are pretty dicy in quite a few cases.

Or with someone like the Pope.  Previous Popes have have historically had some pretty nasty things against them

All these people are virtually untouchable.     The Police have to have enormous quality proof to prosecute such people.   Altho it is likely, from history, that the head honcho will manage to come out of it smelling of roses and some poor sucker at a lower level will catch the charge instead

I hope I am wrong that any of these groups, or similar, could be the top baddies. 
Seems that SY have their teeth into something tho.  Good luck to them.  Let's make our children safer, let's get rid of the perps.

how lovely it would be to return Madeleine and Joana and other children to their rightful families and homes.

AIMO

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3269 on: February 13, 2018, 04:38:41 PM »

Extradite, Repatriate.  You can't just snatch anyone from the streets.  Believing it's Madeleine just isn't good enough.  There has to be documented proof.  This could be hard to come by.