Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400709 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3375 on: February 17, 2018, 07:09:26 PM »
Can you provide cites for the two opposing opinions please.

Posts on this forum. One on this thread a few before this post in an excahnge with barrier. Several on other threads justifying interference by Metodo3 Brian Kennedy et al interviewing witnesses in a live criminal investigation.
You could always ask her for an unequivocal statement that in her opinion civilians interfering with a live criminal investigation is neither acceptable nor justifiable whomsoever be carrying out the interference.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3376 on: February 17, 2018, 07:11:40 PM »
Posts on this forum. One on this thread a few before this post in an excahnge with barrier. Several on other threads justifying interference by Metodo3 Brian Kennedy et al interviewing witnesses in a live criminal investigation.
You could always ask her for an unequivocal statement that in her opinion civilians interfering with a live criminal investigation is neither acceptable nor justifiable whomsoever be carrying out the interference.

I think you will find there is a long history of family and friends trying  to help a live criminal investigation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3377 on: February 17, 2018, 07:31:42 PM »
I think you are getting worked up about nothing... One thing that has become clear is, the press, are sometimes, not too accurate..

Again... Do you think brunt is deliberately  trying to mislead.  I just can't see, why he would do that

I'm just presenting evidence which, in my opinion, demonstrates that Brunt wouldn't make that particular mistake. 

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3378 on: February 17, 2018, 07:35:49 PM »
I think you will find there is a long history of family and friends trying  to help a live criminal investigation

This case or cases in general?

Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3379 on: February 17, 2018, 07:37:07 PM »
I'm just presenting evidence which, in my opinion, demonstrates that Brunt wouldn't make that particular mistake.
Brunt may have been using the word joint in a more loose term... It is on the face of things a joint investigation as they are working  together on the same crime

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3380 on: February 17, 2018, 07:37:31 PM »
This case or cases in general?

In general

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3381 on: February 17, 2018, 08:10:50 PM »
I think there is a point being missed here.  The PJ can't operate unattended in Britain and Scotland Yard can't operate unattended in Portugal.
This does not mean that there isn't a joint operation with joint cooperation.

It doesn't mean there is a joint operation with joint cooperation either, despite Brunt's implication. 
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3382 on: February 17, 2018, 08:14:46 PM »
It doesn't mean there is a joint operation with joint cooperation either, despite Brunt's implication.

It's nothing compared to the untruths printed re the mccanns [Edit: in your opinion]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 08:20:12 PM by Robittybob1 »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3383 on: February 17, 2018, 08:24:39 PM »
is that a FACT OR IS THAT AN OPINION?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3384 on: February 17, 2018, 08:36:53 PM »

Does Martin Brunt agree with me?  By implication, of course.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3385 on: February 17, 2018, 08:41:13 PM »
It's nothing compared to the untruths printed re the mccanns [Edit: in your opinion]

I don't see how that's relevant, Brunt is on a completely different level to those who wrote those stories in my opinion. 
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3386 on: February 17, 2018, 08:58:49 PM »
is that a FACT OR IS THAT AN OPINION?

It's a response to post 3375 so I would suggest it's judged accordingly. I would say both were opinion, wouldn't you?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3387 on: February 17, 2018, 09:08:02 PM »
Brunt may have been using the word joint in a more loose term... It is on the face of things a joint investigation as they are working  together on the same crime

On the face of it?
Whatever it is one of these it ain't:
JITs are now an established efficient and effective cooperation tool amongst national investigative agencies when tackling cross-border crime. They facilitate the coordination of investigations and prosecutions conducted in parallel across several States.
https://www.europol.europa.eu/activities-services/joint-investigation-teams
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3388 on: February 17, 2018, 09:24:39 PM »
It's a response to post 3375 so I would suggest it's judged accordingly. I would say both were opinion, wouldn't you?
That is what I was thinking I noticed the post you were responding to was opinion,  but your reply came across quite like a matter of fact so I wanted you to confirm whether it was fact or opinion.
Getting to the logic "It doesn't mean [fact or opinion is true] either,  is that saying we can't be sure that the "fact or opinion in question is true" or false in other words "fact or opinion in question" is not determined?
So "It doesn't mean there is a joint operation with joint cooperation either, despite Brunt's implication." is not advancing the case either way, reminding us it is undetermined IYO.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 09:38:22 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3389 on: February 17, 2018, 09:30:10 PM »
That is what I was thinking I noticed the post you were responding to was opinion,  but your reply came across quite like a matter of fact so I wanted you to confirm whether it was fact or opinion.

Was there a particular reason for writing in capitals?
Result = happy posting.