Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400726 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3780 on: November 18, 2018, 02:12:29 PM »
Fresh hope for Kate and Gerry McCann As They meet with Yard detective to discuss vital two new leads in the search for daughter Madeleine
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2784.msg503406#msg503406

Is there anyone who seriously thinks Scotland Yard should throw in the towel at this stage?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3781 on: November 18, 2018, 02:19:09 PM »
So grange have had to justify the request for extra funds ...still have laeds to investigate and beleive tehy will find out what happened to Maddie...excelellent

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3782 on: November 18, 2018, 03:46:02 PM »
Fresh hope for Kate and Gerry McCann As They meet with Yard detective to discuss vital two new leads in the search for daughter Madeleine

Is there anyone who seriously thinks Scotland Yard should throw in the towel at this stage?

If they don’t know if it is one or two leads then the resounding answer has to be yes  @)(++(*
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3783 on: November 18, 2018, 04:28:05 PM »
If they don’t know if it is one or two leads then the resounding answer has to be yes  @)(++(*

Oh, I think Scotland Yard know precisely what they are about ... and as Misty has posted, there appears to be a bit of interest being shown by someone anxiously trying to find out exactly what that might be.

The mind boggles.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3784 on: November 18, 2018, 04:41:02 PM »

I must admit to bemusement that it is being spun that Scotland Yard might be incapable of following more than one lead at a time or that one lead might point to another.
They would be unable to justify continuation of funding to the Home Office without having a sustainable case.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3785 on: November 18, 2018, 04:46:16 PM »

It's pretty obvious that something is going on.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #3786 on: November 18, 2018, 06:20:01 PM »
From Brietta's link

Maddie's parents, however, had been told weeks ago by police that they expected the grant to be made.

So the McCanns were not on tenterhooks waiting to hear about funding. They had been told weeks ago.  Therefore, I believe I was right about the timing of the release of the news regarding funding being deliberately released with massive brexit news so as to get less coverage.  Next question is why
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3787 on: November 18, 2018, 06:28:39 PM »
From Brietta's link

Maddie's parents, however, had been told weeks ago by police that they expected the grant to be made.

So the McCanns were not on tenterhooks waiting to hear about funding. They had been told weeks ago.  Therefore, I believe I was right about the timing of the release of the news regarding funding being deliberately released with massive brexit news so as to get less coverage.  Next question is why

It says they expected the grant to be made.... Nothing certain

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3788 on: November 18, 2018, 06:29:00 PM »
I must admit to bemusement that it is being spun that Scotland Yard might be incapable of following more than one lead at a time or that one lead might point to another.
They would be unable to justify continuation of funding to the Home Office without having a sustainable case.

Indeed Brietta, indeed.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3789 on: November 18, 2018, 10:17:59 PM »
On other news - according to this report, Portugal is the 4th safest country in the world - amazing considering how useless the PJ are you'd think it would be a crime paradise @)(++(*

The think tank Institute for Economics and Peace this published the Global Peace Index 2018, which ranks major nations around the world by how safe they are.

The report ranked 163 countries based on how peaceful they are. The ranking is determined by 23 factors, which include murder rate, political terror, and deaths from internal conflict.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/safest-countries-in-the-world-2018-6/
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 10:20:10 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3790 on: November 18, 2018, 10:23:57 PM »
On other news - according to this report, Portugal is the 4th safest country in the world - amazing considering how useless the PJ are you'd think it would be a crime paradise @)(++(*

The think tank Institute for Economics and Peace this published the Global Peace Index 2018, which ranks major nations around the world by how safe they are.

The report ranked 163 countries based on how peaceful they are. The ranking is determined by 23 factors, which include murder rate, political terror, and deaths from internal conflict.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/safest-countries-in-the-world-2018-6/

The U.K. languishes at number 41.

Offline barrier

« Reply #3791 on: November 19, 2018, 07:00:19 AM »
It's pretty obvious that something is going on.
Yep,idle hands are the devil's workshop,this rubbish will be repeated next year after the next batch of funding nonsense will raise its head.imo and all that jazz.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3792 on: November 19, 2018, 07:06:29 AM »
Meanwhile Portugal languishes at 29 in the chart of least corrupt countries, to the UK’s 10th position....
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_Perceptions_Index
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3793 on: November 19, 2018, 10:25:12 AM »
Meanwhile Portugal languishes at 29 in the chart of least corrupt countries, to the UK’s 10th position....
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_Perceptions_Index
Wow worse than the UK at something!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3794 on: November 19, 2018, 01:11:16 PM »

Rereading this there’s something that is strange about this story.

In May the McCanns, so we are told, were asked by SY not to do any interviews around the 11th anniversay as it may jeopardise ongoing investigations. So who is talking to the newspapers now ? Surely SY, after silencing the parents would not release details, however obscure, of the investigation, the HO likewise but that only leaves the parents, and we know they were asked by SY not to divulge investigation details to the public.

Questions, questions !!