Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400765 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3870 on: February 03, 2019, 12:06:29 PM »
Only from the article.
Who benefited from making the complaints in the first place?
Who was sufficiently close to the investigation to know the identities of 3 officers?

Certainly not Bennett whose letters and petitions are generally rather more scattershot. Not Twitter ‘trolls’ who wouldn’t have access to that information. Further I don’t think the general public know nor care about the internal workings of OG.

Of course if the parents felt that the investigation was looking in the wrong direction , as they did with the PJ, it might be worth a punt. They certainly had access to the necessary information and it would also be a way of discrediting the current investigation.

I suppose time will tell.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline jassi

« Reply #3872 on: February 03, 2019, 12:46:32 PM »
It would appear from that article that the internal investigation took place some time ago, so why is it just being reported now?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3873 on: February 03, 2019, 12:58:38 PM »
It would appear from that article that the internal investigation took place some time ago, so why is it just being reported now?

Mmmm....!

Offline barrier

« Reply #3874 on: February 03, 2019, 01:16:18 PM »
if any one wants something to do,I'll be surprised if anything is there but hey oh!

https://www.met.police.uk/foi-ai/af/accessing-information/published-items/?q=&dt=Disclosure+log,Environmental+information+regulation,Publication+scheme&fdte=&tdte=&ic=&dir=&bor=

Operation Grange brings you this.

https://www.met.police.uk/foi-ai/af/accessing-information/published-items/?q=Operation+Grange
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 01:20:14 PM by barrier »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3875 on: February 03, 2019, 01:35:38 PM »
Dear Angelo,

I have always thought that you are a kind person, so I really don't get  your continued demands for Searching when you full well know that this wasn't possible.

However, if you could tell us all how you think The McCanns could and should have done this then I at least will be better informed.

You tell us all that The McCanns should have done this, but you never tell us how.  And I for one am a bit pissed off with this.

I have explained what they should have done but you obviously missed it.  To recap, they should have set up a missing person office in Praia da Luz in order to keep the issue alive and to receive information from persons who don't want to talk to the police.  Jenny Murat opened the door by her efforts and that should have continued on a more permanent basis.

The McCanns don't want to do this though, by their actions they have alienated the local population.  From day 1 they acted in a manner which could only be described as xenophobic.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 01:40:11 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline jassi

« Reply #3876 on: February 03, 2019, 01:40:26 PM »
As OG was downsized in 2016, these events would have to have  taken place prior to then, for what are the chances of 3 out of the 3 remaining officers being subject to investigation?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

« Reply #3877 on: February 03, 2019, 01:42:26 PM »
As OG was downsized in 2016, these events would have to have  taken place prior to then, for what are the chances of 3 out of the 3 remaining officers being subject to investigation?

2015 jassi.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3878 on: February 03, 2019, 01:43:19 PM »
It's fairly common to look fot something in the place you lost it.

And it's fairly common to divert attention elsewhere when someone has something to hide.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3879 on: February 03, 2019, 01:44:44 PM »
I seem to recall they put up big posters in PdL and the surrounding area which garnered huge scorn not just from the locals but from a member of this forum who thought that was quite an idiotic thing to do.  What do you think?

It was crass imo.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline jassi

« Reply #3880 on: February 03, 2019, 01:45:40 PM »
2015 jassi.

The downsizing ?
Even greater delay in reporting in that case.

Or maybe not -

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3881 on: February 03, 2019, 01:50:47 PM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8339516/madeleine-mccann-cops-probed-misconduct/

THREE Madeleine McCann probe cops have been secretly investigated for alleged misconduct.

They were all cleared but the detail of the claims has been kept under wraps.

The investigation into Maddie's disappearance has cost the Metropolitan Police nearly £12million

Each officer was accused of “neglect or failure in their duty” while working on the Met Police’s £12million investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance.

But two allegations were not upheld and one was later withdrawn after Scotland Yard found there was no case to answer.

It is not clear if the complaints were made by members of the public or Madeleine’s family.

Sources even hinted that internet trolls could be responsible.

One said: “Because the precise details of the allegations aren’t made public, it’s entirely possible good officers have been subjected to a complaints process even though there may be little merit in the allegations against them.”

Details of the cases were disclosed under Freedom of Information laws.

Fresh hope for Maddie McCann’s parents as they reveal Jayme Closs case has boosted confidence they’ll find missing daughter

Madeleine was three when she vanished from her parents’ holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal in 2007.

A probe by Portuguese police ended in 2008.

The Met’s Operation Grange probe was launched in 2011.

All three officers who were accused of misconduct during the search for Maddie have been cleared of the allegations

All three officers who were accused of misconduct during the search for Maddie have been cleared of the allegations
 Gerry and Kate McCann's daughter went missing whilst on a family holiday to Portugal in 2007

Gerry and Kate McCann's daughter went missing whilst on a family holiday to Portugal in 2007

Madeleine McCann's father Gerry McCann describes 'disbelief, panic and terror' at moment he realised daughter was missing in rare interview

Could this relate to the recently identified arguidos from the Luz area?

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3882 on: February 03, 2019, 01:53:53 PM »

Probably thought they could sneak it out while everybody is occupied with BREXIT.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline barrier

« Reply #3883 on: February 03, 2019, 02:08:00 PM »
The downsizing ?
Even greater delay in reporting in that case.
Anything pertaining to Og is no longer on the Mets site as we know so its ragtime.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-10million-police-investigation-6722352

Offline barrier

« Reply #3884 on: February 03, 2019, 02:14:51 PM »
Could this relate to the recently identified arguidos from the Luz area?

Makes one wonder how Bilton came by them.