Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400723 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #5055 on: June 11, 2019, 11:50:34 AM »
What I know is that you can spend the time of a temporary ban to improve.

Improve what?
Your ability to withstand constantly being asked for cites, when others aren't?
Your ability to withstand being goaded and harassed?

There are posters here who seem to be allowed to post their opinions and sometimes libellous opinions without experiencing any of the above!
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline jassi

« Reply #5056 on: June 11, 2019, 11:53:18 AM »
Improve what?

There are posters here who seem to be allowed to post their opinions and sometimes libellous opinions without experiencing any of the above!

I'm sure that if moderators consider something to libelous, then it is removed PDQ.
If it remains, it clearly isn't as libelous as you would like to think.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Erngath

« Reply #5057 on: June 11, 2019, 11:56:42 AM »

I'm sure that if moderators consider something to libelous, then it is removed PDQ.
If it remains, it clearly isn't as libelous as you would like to think.

Nothing  posted about the McCanns would ever be libellous to your goodself and to others here !
Some even find humour in the plight of a missing little girl.

In my opinion of course.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 11:59:46 AM by Erngath »

Offline jassi

« Reply #5058 on: June 11, 2019, 12:01:59 PM »

Nothing  posted about the McCanns would ever be libellous to your goodself and to others here !
Some even find humour in the plight of a missing little girl.

In my opinion of course.

IMO very little that is libelous gets posted on this forum.

As for humour, its more a case to taking the piss out of the likes of you and your attitudes towards the McCanns and the inventive excuses you make for them.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 12:05:58 PM by jassi »
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline The General

« Reply #5059 on: June 11, 2019, 12:05:10 PM »
Unless I provide a covering statement, I have always, until my serious recent illness, provided proofs where needed.

Now I am too tired BUT I always tell the truth and provide Imo's where necessary.  Most things that your side ask for cites for are common knowledge and have been gone over multiple times already.

If you are honest, many of the requests are just made to time waste  for me ... and to throw me off making a point as thoroughly as I, at times, do. 

Interrupt the flow, harrass the poster, then change the topic. 

That's the real reason that most cites are requested imo.   Your side do it all the time with such as Davel.
Whilst the divisive tone of this post is disappointing, as I'm not a fan of all this 'supporter' 'sceptic' nonsense, you have a decent point. Surely there are numerous 'known facts' or 'givens' that we can all agree upon without having to constantly cite.
....I was just about to suggest the creation of organically created list that's consensus driven and populated - but then I reflected, had a word with myself and remembered where I was. There'd be a fire fight over every single aspect that would quickly descend in to a maelstrom of abuse, heckling, goading, followed by trigger moderation.

I'll get my coat.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Erngath

« Reply #5060 on: June 11, 2019, 12:05:32 PM »
IMO very little that is libelous gets posted on this forum.

As for humour, its more a case to taking the piss out of the likes of you and your attitudes towards the McCanns.

Is that the reason you post on the forum........" to take the piss out of the likes of me and my attitude" towards a missing child and her family?

Offline John

« Reply #5061 on: June 11, 2019, 12:06:30 PM »
There is a reporting facility on the forum and it only takes a few seconds to use it.  There is no reason for any potentially litigious comments to escape moderation.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline jassi

« Reply #5062 on: June 11, 2019, 12:07:13 PM »
Is that the reason you post on the forum........" to take the piss out of the likes of me and my attitude" towards a missing child and her family?

In part, YES.

Or maybe not -

Offline Erngath

« Reply #5063 on: June 11, 2019, 12:07:38 PM »
Whilst the divisive tone of this post is disappointing, as I'm not a fan of all this 'supporter' 'sceptic' nonsense, you have a decent point. Surely there are numerous 'known facts' or 'givens' that we can all agree upon without having to constantly cite.
....I was just about to suggest the creation of organically created list that's consensus driven and populated - but then I reflected, had a word with myself and remembered where I was. There'd be a fire fight over every single aspect that would quickly descend in to a maelstrom of abuse, heckling, goading, followed by trigger moderation.

I'll get my coat.

I agree with you about the constant requesting for cites, especially as there is no consistency with the requests!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #5064 on: June 11, 2019, 12:12:06 PM »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5065 on: June 11, 2019, 12:13:14 PM »
Improve what?

I was banned from this forum several times IIRC back in 2017.   I would spend that month or whatever thew time was to study up on the points of the case, so I felt I came back stronger, and knowing what I had done wrong, and try not to do it again.

It is an advantage to not feel harassed especially when you are not.  You might not have noticed but most times I ask for cites I go and find them myself.  But I expect at least some help in finding the right source material. 

As a member it might be hard to see what is going on in the background.  Some posters might appear to get away with murder, but I'd say learn from them.  How do they do it?  To me it feels like there is a threshold that they don't pass.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline sadie

« Reply #5066 on: June 11, 2019, 12:20:37 PM »
What I know is that you can spend the time of a temporary ban to improve.

Did you spend the time improving ... and you did improve somewhat ... then you posted that AWFUL post about Davel?  Now removed, thank goodness, but not until after my complaint.

And, no I am not going to repeat it.  I suggest that anyone who does should be sued.

Rob, You have done more than your fair share of bullying Davel, no wonder if he has got a wee bit ragged around the edges with such a rabble constantly going at him.  It's Political, and you, Davel, are too fast and good for them

They won't allow Davel to make any points without all diving in and trying to destroy him.  Davel, they are trying to hide your points and get rid of you

Great fighter is Davel

Good to see you, Erngath, supporting him.  We all should be, if we believe in JUSTICE.  In FREE SPEECH and allowing both sides to speak

My guess is that this post will be removed or heavily modified

AIMHO

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5067 on: June 11, 2019, 12:21:26 PM »

I agree with you about the constant requesting for cites, especially as there is no consistency with the requests!
If someone asks for a cite anyone from the whole forum community can step in and help.  OK it was a particularly difficult topic the other day as we were discussing Portuguese law and only a few members here actually read Portuguese so very few came to our help.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #5068 on: June 11, 2019, 12:26:00 PM »
I was banned from this forum several times IIRC back in 2017.   I would spend that month or whatever thew time was to study up on the points of the case, so I felt I came back stronger, and knowing what I had done wrong, and try not to do it again.

It is an advantage to not feel harassed especially when you are not.  You might not have noticed but most times I ask for cites I go and find them myself.  But I expect at least some help in finding the right source material. 

As a member it might be hard to see what is going on in the background.  Some posters might appear to get away with murder, but I'd say learn from them.  How do they do it?  To me it feels like there is a threshold that they don't pass.

I note all that you say.
However it is my opinion that moderation is not fairly applied.
I appreciate it is a difficult and thankless task.
That does not alter my opinion that cites are demanded from certain posters but not from others with the same consistency.

It is not a level playing field!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #5069 on: June 11, 2019, 12:28:44 PM »
Did you spend the time improving ... then you posted that AWFUL post about Davel?  Now removed, thank goodness, but not until after my complaint.

And, no I am not going to repeat it.  I suggest that anyone who does should be sued.

You have done more than your fair share of bullying Davel, no wonder if he has got a wee bit ragged around the edges with such a rabble constantly going at him.  It's Political, and you are too fast and good for them

You won't allow him to make any points without all diving in and trying to destroy him.  They are trying to hide your points and get rid of you

Great fighter is Davel

Good to see you, Erngath, supporting him.  We all should be, if we believe in JUSTICE.  In FREE SPEECH

My guess is that this post will be removed or heavily modified

AIMHO

It was all most unfair!