Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400675 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #5070 on: June 11, 2019, 12:30:16 PM »
I complained to John about members blocking Moderators.  OK Davel and I could have discussed much of the issue off the forum via personal messages (PM) but I was blocked.

Most other forums that was considered an offence to block a moderator.   OK how do you feel about that?  Should you be allowed to block a moderator?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5071 on: June 11, 2019, 12:37:54 PM »

I note all that you say.
However it is my opinion that moderation is not fairly applied.
I appreciate it is a difficult and thankless task.
That does not alter my opinion that cites are demanded from certain posters but not from others with the same consistency.

It is not a level playing field!

I have studied this case for 3 years now so most things that you think require cites I probably know or have seen already.  I do ask for cites, and recently when I asked for a cite I followed that up with a PM and got responses from the people I requested cites from.  OK Davel has me blocked remember so I can't PM him to track the progress of the cite request.

If you think something requires a cite ask for it yourself.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline The General

« Reply #5072 on: June 11, 2019, 12:43:44 PM »
Did you spend the time improving ... then you posted that AWFUL post about Davel?  Now removed, thank goodness, but not until after my complaint.

And, no I am not going to repeat it.  I suggest that anyone who does should be sued.

You have done more than your fair share of bullying Davel, no wonder if he has got a wee bit ragged around the edges with such a rabble constantly going at him.  It's Political, and you are too fast and good for them

You won't allow him to make any points without all diving in and trying to destroy him.  They are trying to hide your points and get rid of you

Great fighter is Davel

Good to see you, Erngath, supporting him.  We all should be, if we believe in JUSTICE.  In FREE SPEECH

My guess is that this post will be removed or heavily modified

AIMHO
To be fair it was all a bit ridiculous. I tried to lend some sense to proceedings (I don't have much to give), but it fell on deaf ears. Rob and Dave were on a mission and I think both should have been moderated.
I know it's hard for some to comprehend, but this forum ,and your really important stance on a certain point, is not so important. Squabbling over the nuances of an obscure facet of the Portuguese legal framework with strangers on the internet who you have decided you hate, is futile.

I was guilty of this on a forum about 10 years ago, until I had a Damasean epiphany when I decided I wanted to physically have an actual real life fight with my online nemesis - long story curtailed - I logged out, switched the computer off and never went back to the forum - I was trying to find this guys home address to go round there to fill him in.
We all think we're clever. We're all perfect and we're all always right. We get it.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 12:46:00 PM by The General »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5073 on: June 11, 2019, 12:52:31 PM »
To be fair it was all a bit ridiculous. I tried to lend some sense to proceedings (I don't have much to give), but it fell on deaf ears. Rob and Dave were on a mission and I think both should have been moderated.
I know it's hard for some to comprehend, but this forum ,and your really important stance on a certain point, is not so important. Squabbling over the nuances of an obscure facet of the Portuguese legal framework with strangers on the internet who you have decided you hate, is futile.

I was guilty of this on a forum about 10 years ago, until I had a Damasean epiphany when I decided I wanted to physically have an actual real life fight with my online nemesis - long story curtailed - I logged out, switched the computer off and never went back to the forum - I was trying to find this guys home address to go round there to fill him in.
We all think we're clever. We're all perfect and we're all always right. We get it.

Well it is one thing I'll never come across as, as being perfect or always right.   I treat this case as something to learn about.  You and I can learn together. 

But when it comes to matters of moderation, I moderate, and even then the Admin can reverse my moderation decisions, but that is how it goes.
Moderation

Offline The General

« Reply #5074 on: June 11, 2019, 12:58:02 PM »
Well it is one thing I'll never come across as, as being perfect or always right.   I treat this case as something to learn about.  You and I can learn together. 

But when it comes to matters of moderation, I moderate, and even then the Admin can reverse my moderation decisions, but that is how it goes.
Everyone here can see that my knowledge is lacking, which I try to cover with levity and humour. Yes I've read everything and watched videos, read the books, but there's some here who have trodden this path many times - which is why I sense frustration with my raising rudimentary points. Some have gone and investigated in situ - fair play, I'm not that dedicated.
You put me straight the other day - I'm happy with that, as you say, it's about learning. The ego needs to be told to shut up when it butts in and tells us it's been 'offended'. I still have a pop every now and again, but I'm trying to self-counsel that sh1t out of my behaviour.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5075 on: June 11, 2019, 01:10:09 PM »
Everyone here can see that my knowledge is lacking, which I try to cover with levity and humour. Yes I've read everything and watched videos, read the books, but there's some here who have trodden this path many times - which is why I sense frustration with my raising rudimentary points. Some have gone and investigated in situ - fair play, I'm not that dedicated.
You put me straight the other day - I'm happy with that, as you say, it's about learning. The ego needs to be told to shut up when it butts in and tells us it's been 'offended'. I still have a pop every now and again, but I'm trying to self-counsel that sh1t out of my behaviour.

I was thinking the other day when we had our little moment, I thought of all the people here I relate to you the most as we behave similarly.

And just what you talk about above is where I was 2-3 years ago, adjusting and learning.

Now for the last year or so I've been learning the art of moderator.  It is a complex issue and I'm trying to make a difference.
(It was around Christmas 2017 that I was invited to be a moderator.   (So 1.5 years so far).

« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 01:18:13 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #5076 on: June 11, 2019, 01:50:25 PM »
I complained to John about members blocking Moderators.  OK Davel and I could have discussed much of the issue off the forum via personal messages (PM) but I was blocked.

Most other forums that was considered an offence to block a moderator.   OK how do you feel about that?  Should you be allowed to block a moderator?

He can't block you but he can put you on ignore.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #5077 on: June 11, 2019, 02:04:48 PM »

Personally, no, I do not think it should be permissible to block a moderator.
What's up, old man?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #5078 on: June 11, 2019, 02:18:46 PM »

If someone on the forum who has considerable expertise is not willing to help with a basic, much discussed question is unwilling to provide assistance, that is their choice, and I take no issue with that.

However, if someone answers such a request with a curt put-down, I most certainly do take issue with that.

If you check the number of guests on this forum, it is often quite considerable.

So one has to ask oneself, how many of these guests would become active posters if the forum was less abrasive and more helpful?
What's up, old man?

Offline The General

« Reply #5079 on: June 11, 2019, 02:23:54 PM »
If someone on the forum who has considerable expertise is not willing to help with a basic, much discussed question is unwilling to provide assistance, that is their choice, and I take no issue with that.

However, if someone answers such a request with a curt put-down, I most certainly do take issue with that.

If you check the number of guests on this forum, it is often quite considerable.

So one has to ask oneself, how many of these guests would become active posters if the forum was less abrasive and more helpful?
True. Although I do know that the number of 'guests' will sometimes be up to 70% Googlebots / spiders. Apparently.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #5080 on: June 11, 2019, 02:52:14 PM »
True. Although I do know that the number of 'guests' will sometimes be up to 70% Googlebots / spiders. Apparently.

Could be.  There are 179 guests at the moment.  That would make around 130 instances of automated data collection.

There is such a thing as bad publicity.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5081 on: June 11, 2019, 02:53:23 PM »
Did you spend the time improving ... and you did improve somewhat ... then you posted that AWFUL post about Davel?  Now removed, thank goodness, but not until after my complaint.

And, no I am not going to repeat it.  I suggest that anyone who does should be sued.

Rob, You have done more than your fair share of bullying Davel, no wonder if he has got a wee bit ragged around the edges with such a rabble constantly going at him.  It's Political, and you, Davel, are too fast and good for them

They won't allow Davel to make any points without all diving in and trying to destroy him.  Davel, they are trying to hide your points and get rid of you

Great fighter is Davel

Good to see you, Erngath, supporting him.  We all should be, if we believe in JUSTICE.  In FREE SPEECH and allowing both sides to speak

My guess is that this post will be removed or heavily modified

AIMHO

I don't think you're helping Davel  when you paint him as a victim. He's no shrinking violet and he often reaps what he's sown imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #5082 on: June 11, 2019, 03:07:20 PM »
I don't think you're helping Davel  when you paint him as a victim. He's no shrinking violet and he often reaps what he's sown imo.

He is a much valued contributor to the.forum and it will be much.the poorer by.his absence.
In my opinion of course . I doubt you will agree!

I didn't see the.post.which Sadie references.
Did you?

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline jassi

« Reply #5083 on: June 11, 2019, 03:48:20 PM »
He is a much valued contributor to the.forum and it will be much.the poorer by.his absence.

Did you?

Fortunately I have him on ignore, so his presence on here is neither here nor there to me  ?{)(**
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5084 on: June 11, 2019, 03:50:44 PM »

Did you?

He,....contributes,  a lot, to the average,... use of, incorrect, punctuation, on, the forum..,,, I .......see, his.... misuse of, punctuation has,....rubbed off ,....on.,.. you.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.