Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400670 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #5115 on: June 11, 2019, 06:46:26 PM »
They could be just as bad as smoking.

I'm doing both.  I need a fag after that thought.

Offline The General

« Reply #5116 on: June 11, 2019, 06:46:47 PM »
Do you deny the possible existence of an abductor?  I had you down as a “possibly maybe”.
I was taking issue with the tenuous claim that, by refusing to believe the possibility of an abductor, someone would somehow be 'aiding and abetting'.
A pedant could flip that statement on it's head.....'by refusing to believe Gerry and/or Kate are perverting the course of justice, etc, etc......'.
All theories are on the table.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Lace

« Reply #5117 on: June 11, 2019, 06:48:52 PM »
The abduction of MBM is a fairytale IMO
[/quote

Yes,  the abductor likes you very much IMO

« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 06:54:19 PM by Lace »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5118 on: June 11, 2019, 06:49:46 PM »
I was taking issue with the tenuous claim that, by refusing to believe the possibility of an abductor, someone would somehow be 'aiding and abetting'.
A pedant could flip that statement on it's head.....'by refusing to believe Gerry and/or Kate are perverting the course of justice, etc, etc......'.
Really?  All of them?  Ever read a sensible theory of parental involvement?  I very much doubt it, but if you have feel free to pm it to me, I’ve been asking to read one for the last 12 years to no avail so far.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5119 on: June 11, 2019, 06:52:04 PM »
Really?  All of them?  Ever read a sensible theory of parental involvement?  I very much doubt it, but if you have feel free to pm it to me, I’ve been asking to read one for the last 12 years to no avail so far.

You've heard the Maddie in the bin theory plenty of times, you just won't accept it, despite it's simplicity.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline The General

« Reply #5120 on: June 11, 2019, 06:52:59 PM »
I know Davel isn't here to castigate me at the moment, but I can't get past those damned, infernal dogs. "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the dogs of war."

Offline Lace

« Reply #5121 on: June 11, 2019, 06:56:33 PM »

I brought it up as many sceptics use the phrase 'making excuses for the McCann's'    I don't think anyone would like it if supporters said 'making excuses for the abductor'  and I've been proved right   

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5122 on: June 11, 2019, 06:56:49 PM »
You've heard the Maddie in the bin theory plenty of times, you just won't accept it, despite it's simplicity.
I have heard it, and it’s very simple indeed.  *%87
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5123 on: June 11, 2019, 06:57:28 PM »
I know Davel isn't here to castigate me at the moment, but I can't get past those damned, infernal dogs. "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the dogs of war."
I take it that’s a “no” then.  8(8-))

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5124 on: June 11, 2019, 06:58:44 PM »
PM me your theory, let’s discuss it one to one.

Offline The General

« Reply #5125 on: June 11, 2019, 07:00:45 PM »

I brought it up as many sceptics use the phrase 'making excuses for the McCann's'    I don't think anyone would like it if supporters said 'making excuses for the abductor'  and I've been proved right
It's not as simplistic as that. It's how far some supporters will go, even to the point of tweaking their moral compass to suit the circumstance, to align with the McCann's (the Jimmy Saville debate a week or so ago being a case in point).
I'm not sure what you've been right about, or indeed what purpose that perceived victory serves.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5126 on: June 11, 2019, 07:02:06 PM »
It's not as simplistic as that. It's how far some supporters will go, even to the point of tweaking their moral compass to suit the circumstance, to align with the McCann's (the Jimmy Saville debate a week or so ago being a case in point).
I'm not sure what you've been right about, or indeed what purpose that perceived victory serves.
I was involved in that discussion and I don’t recall having to tweak anything.  Please explain.

Offline John

« Reply #5127 on: June 11, 2019, 09:01:11 PM »
People who deny the possible existence of an abductor in this case are potentially aiding and abetting their crimes.  IMO.

That's an interesting one VS, I assume you mean abducted from the bedroom rather than from the street outside?

Surely we require evidence of the former before we consider it a possibility?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5128 on: June 11, 2019, 09:03:21 PM »
That's an interesting one VS, I assume you mean abducted from the bedroom rather than from the street outside?

Surely we require evidence of the former before we consider it a possibility?
Round and round we go.  There is evidence I say, no there isn’t you say, blah blah blah ad infinitum.

Offline John

« Reply #5129 on: June 11, 2019, 09:06:16 PM »
Round and round we go.  There is evidence I say, no there isn’t you say, blah blah blah ad infinitum.

No need to go round and round, the abducted from the bedroom claim has nothing to support it. It was invented on the night of Madeleine's disappearance without a shred of evidence. We don't even know for sure if the window was open or the shutter raised, certainly forensics offers a very different view of what occurred.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 09:09:26 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.