Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841495 times)

Offline misty

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #285 on: May 17, 2015, 01:28:31 AM »
"I recognise this behaviour as the dog indicating scent emitting from the inside of the vehicle through the seal around the door." (MG)

There are several ways to know if you have an airtight car -- and none of them are pleasant. That's because the passenger compartment of your car is not designed to be airtight. Fresh air comes in the front of the car, circulates through the passenger compartment and leaves the car through exhausters in the rear. If the cabin of a car or truck were truly airtight, the windows wouldn't defrost, it would get unbearably hot in there and anyone inside wouldn't be able to breathe.
When diagnosing car problems, people might say "airtight" when what they mean is "watertight." Sitting inside a car in the pouring rain or a car wash would quickly tell you if you had any leaks in the door or window seals or even unsealed body seams. The vents that allow fresh air to enter and exit have been designed to keep water out and rarely cause auto problems.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/under-the-hood/diagnosing-car-problems/body/car-air-tight.htm

Eddie alerted at the passenger door side where scent was escaping from the car. Eddie is correct in his alert at the source of the scent.

Please explain why Eddie didn't bark at the rear of the car where Keela indicated.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #286 on: May 17, 2015, 01:35:01 AM »
Please explain why Eddie didn't bark at the rear of the car where Keela indicated.

He didn't sniff the rear boot seal. He was first chasing the scent a good distance away from the source i.e. car and that wasn't the scent of blood you can't even see. That was a different much stronger scent that was escaping from the car into the underground car park. Keela has to get inside the car and sniff very close to detect any blood traces so IMO Eddie alerted to strong cadaver scent coming out of that car. If it was that then a cadaver was inside the boot at some point. We have seen it in countless cases - bodies moved in the boots of cars. And we know Keela got a match of 15 out of 19 then 37 or whatever they were trying to say. Can they prove it was 5 different people that made up that match that matched Madeleine? New boot tests me thinks.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 01:41:21 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline sadie

« Reply #287 on: May 17, 2015, 01:36:31 AM »
"I recognise this behaviour as the dog indicating scent emitting from the inside of the vehicle through the seal around the door." (MG)

There are several ways to know if you have an airtight car -- and none of them are pleasant. That's because the passenger compartment of your car is not designed to be airtight. Fresh air comes in the front of the car, circulates through the passenger compartment and leaves the car through exhausters in the rear. If the cabin of a car or truck were truly airtight, the windows wouldn't defrost, it would get unbearably hot in there and anyone inside wouldn't be able to breathe.
When diagnosing car problems, people might say "airtight" when what they mean is "watertight." Sitting inside a car in the pouring rain or a car wash would quickly tell you if you had any leaks in the door or window seals or even unsealed body seams. The vents that allow fresh air to enter and exit have been designed to keep water out and rarely cause auto problems.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/under-the-hood/diagnosing-car-problems/body/car-air-tight.htm

Eddie alerted at the passenger door side where scent was escaping from the car. Eddie was correct in his alert at the source of the scent.
Pathfinder , what you quote above answers whether the door seals are airtight [scentproof] or not. 

The air that circulates in a car comes in via vents at the front and exits via exhausters at the rear.  Have you got it?

The door seals do not allow passage of air or water or scent.  They are impervious.

Do you understand this now?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #288 on: May 17, 2015, 01:39:20 AM »
Pathfinder , what you quote above answers whether the door seals are airtight [scentproof] or not. 

The air that circulates in a car comes in via vents at the front and exits via exhausters at the rear.  Have you got it?

The door seals do not allow passage of air or water or scent.  They are impervious.

Do you understand this now?

You haven't got it at all. Watertight doesn't mean airtight. Scent was escaping through the passenger door - that's why Eddie alerted.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline sadie

« Reply #289 on: May 17, 2015, 01:41:40 AM »
He didn't sniff the rear boot seal. He was first chasing the scent a good distance away from the source i.e. car and that wasn't the scent of blood you can't even see. That was a different much stronger scent that was escaping from the car into the underground car park. Keela has to get inside the car and sniff very close to detect any blood traces so IMO Eddie alerted to strong cadaver scent coming out of that car. If it was that then a cadaver was inside the boot at some point. We have seen it in countless cases - bodies moved in the boots of cars.

Just cos bodies can be moved in car boots and sometimes are, DOES NOT mean that this happened in this case.

Pathfinder, my dear, you are living in cloud cuckoo land if you truly believe what you have written. 
May I remind you that there is NO forensic evidence to back your .. erm .. thoughts.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #290 on: May 17, 2015, 01:42:18 AM »
Just cos bodies can be moved in car boots and sometimes are, DOES NOT mean that this happened in this case.

Pathfinder, my dear, you are living in cloud cuckoo land if you truly believe what you have written. 
May I remind you that there is NO forensic evidence to back your .. erm .. thoughts.

It doesn't mean it didn't happen either with boots left open. Do you think it's impossible to hide someone?

Offline sadie

« Reply #291 on: May 17, 2015, 01:45:41 AM »
You haven't got it at all. Watertight doesn't mean airtight. Scent was escaping through the passenger door - that's why Eddie alerted.
It is you that hasn't got it.  The air comes in via vents at the front and goes out via exhausters at the back.

If the seals were not airproof, every time there was a blast of wind in a gale, you would feel an awful draught.

It is YOU that hasn't got it.

And now, Pfinder.  Nigh Night.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #292 on: May 17, 2015, 01:46:52 AM »
It is you that hasn't got it.  The air comes in via vents at the front and goes out via exhausters at the back.

If the seals were not airproof, every time there was a blast of wind in a gale, you would feel an awful draught.

It is YOU that hasn't got it.

And now, Pfinder.  Nigh Night.

Read it. Night Sadie.

Offline misty

« Reply #293 on: May 17, 2015, 01:48:05 AM »
He didn't sniff the rear boot seal. He was first chasing the scent a good distance away from the source i.e. car and that wasn't the scent of blood you can't even see. That was a different much stronger scent that was escaping from the car into the underground car park. Keela has to get inside the car and sniff very close to detect any blood traces so IMO Eddie alerted to strong cadaver scent coming out of that car. If it was that then a cadaver was inside the boot at some point. We have seen it in countless cases - bodies moved in the boots of cars. And we know Keela got a match of 15 out of 19 then 37 or whatever they were trying to say. Can they prove it was 5 different people that made up that match that matched Madeleine. New boot tests me thinks.

I am sorry but I am not following your reasoning. There were blood deposits in the boot which Keela indicated. If the cadaver had been in the boot & bodily fluids were deposited, surely a cadaver dog would have scented this via the boot seal in the same fashion as through the door seal?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #294 on: May 17, 2015, 01:51:34 AM »
A vehicle is not sealed. It has various ventilation holes. That's why a person can sleep in a car and never run out of oxygen. Depending on the environment where it is parked and the temperature differentials, air enters some ventilation holes and exits out of others. With all 5 doors closed, Eddie alerted at where air was exiting. The lower part of the driver side front door seal. This seal has ventilation holes in it IMO. In a different airflow environment he might have indicated at the rear hatch door seal. The result is the same, he was alerting to air coming from inside the vehicle.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #295 on: May 17, 2015, 01:52:37 AM »
I am sorry but I am not following your reasoning. There were blood deposits in the boot which Keela indicated. If the cadaver had been in the boot & bodily fluids were deposited, surely a cadaver dog would have scented this via the boot seal in the same fashion as through the door seal?

Show me where Eddie sniffed the boot seal? He didn't. He was chasing scent all over the car park. Grime knew that when he passed that car his behaviour drastically changed because he had found a scent so he brought him back to the source i.e. car. Eddie then alerted to the passenger side where the scent was escaping. Scent escaping from there could be from the boot. The whole car would be full of that scent to be all over the car park.

Offline sadie

« Reply #296 on: May 17, 2015, 01:54:24 AM »
Eddie should have scented any blood scents as well, but the boot seal prevented it.

No air passes thru seals of the type used on modern cars.

So, how come he scented a smell of Something, blood or cadervine, around the door seal?

Just how could that have happened? £5%4%

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #297 on: May 17, 2015, 01:56:50 AM »
Eddie should have scented any blood scents as well, but the boot seal prevented it.

No air passes thru seals of the type used on modern cars.

So, how come he scented a smell of Something, blood or cadervine, around the door seal?

Just how could that have happened? £5%4%

It did happen because Eddie alerted to the source of the scent i.e. the car. I have proven cars are not airtight on the passenger side where the dog alerted. Eddie was correct.

Offline sadie

« Reply #298 on: May 17, 2015, 01:57:00 AM »
Show me where Eddie sniffed the boot seal? He didn't. He was chasing scent all over the car park. Grime knew that when he passed that car his behaviour drastically changed because he had found a scent so he brought him back to the source i.e. car. Eddie then alerted to the passenger side where the scent was escaping. Scent escaping from there could be from the boot. The whole car would be full of that scent to be all over the car park.

You are like Faith.  You have a vivid imagination ... but I like you.

Nigh night again

sadie x

Offline misty

« Reply #299 on: May 17, 2015, 02:04:26 AM »
A vehicle is not sealed. It has various ventilation holes. That's why a person can sleep in a car and never run out of oxygen. Depending on the environment where it is parked and the temperature differentials, air enters some ventilation holes and exits out of others. With all 5 doors closed, Eddie alerted at where air was exiting. The lower part of the driver side front door seal. This seal has ventilation holes in it IMO. In a different airflow environment he might have indicated at the rear hatch door seal. The result is the same, he was alerting to air coming from inside the vehicle.

Would any airflow not have been from front to back, in light of the way the vehicle was parked?