Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841664 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #300 on: May 17, 2015, 02:20:46 AM »
Would any airflow not have been from front to back, in light of the way the vehicle was parked?
I don't know all the ventilation openings in a grand scenic. Logically, when parked, air would flow in lower openings, and out of higher openings. He had access to only the lower openings. This is a limitaion of EVRD dogs, they work at ground level. You can see this in the New Addington case, where the dog was working at 1st floor level and alerted on two seperate days to 2nd floor level (attic). Also you can see the same limitation in video of the south bedroom alert at 5A, where Eddie is searching for some time to locate the source of the scent, concentrating mainly on floor level, and accurately locates the source only when he finally sniffs above ground level, at the first shelf up above floor level in the wardrobe.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 02:31:30 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #301 on: May 17, 2015, 02:54:36 AM »
I don't know all the ventilation openings in a grand scenic. Logically, when parked, air would flow in lower openings, and out of higher openings. He had access to only the lower openings. This is a limitaion of EVRD dogs, they work at ground level. You can see this in the New Addington case, where the dog was working at 1st floor level and alerted on two seperate days to 2nd floor level (attic). Also you can see the same limitation in video of the south bedroom alert at 5A, where Eddie is searching for some time to locate the source of the scent, concentrating mainly on floor level, and accurately locates the source only when he finally sniffs above ground level, at the first shelf up above floor level in the wardrobe.

I am still having difficulty understanding how the airflow would have enabled odour from the r/o/s inside the boot to travel diagonally across the vehicle through 2 (or was it 3?) sets of seats and then downwards without some sort of airflow into the boot which would thus be the point at which Eddie should have been able to first detect odour.
P/F's argument that Eddie didn't sniff the boot seal applies to all the other vehicles in that car park so what else may Eddie have missed?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #302 on: May 17, 2015, 08:14:36 AM »
I am still having difficulty understanding how the airflow would have enabled odour from the r/o/s inside the boot to travel diagonally across the vehicle through 2 (or was it 3?) sets of seats and then downwards without some sort of airflow into the boot which would thus be the point at which Eddie should have been able to first detect odour.
P/F's argument that Eddie didn't sniff the boot seal applies to all the other vehicles in that car park so what else may Eddie have missed?

If the odour was escaping from the car via air vents ... why didn't Eddie alert at the vents, which would have been the only source ... thinking of scent cones etc?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #303 on: May 17, 2015, 09:25:52 AM »
If the odour was escaping from the car via air vents ... why didn't Eddie alert at the vents, which would have been the only source ... thinking of scent cones etc?
Exactly

And how come his nose followed close to the line of the edge of the door seal ?

Gawd, I do have a suspicious mind..... but just how did it happen?

Please reassure me that my suspiciions are wrong by giving me a sensible scenario.

I will say now that I do not believe that a car would be designed with air vents low down and so close to the passengers.  Water would come in.  Additionally the passenger would feel draughts. 

My bet is that the incoming vents are placed in some part of the car which is inherantly dry
... such as under the bonnet

Sorry Pfinder.

stephen25000

« Reply #304 on: May 17, 2015, 09:44:49 AM »
Exactly

And how come his nose followed close to the line of the edge of the door seal ?

Gawd, I do have a suspicious mind..... but just how did it happen?

Please reassure me that my suspiciions are wrong by giving me a sensible scenario.

I will say now that I do not believe that a car would be designed with air vents low down and so close to the passengers.  Water would come in.  Additionally the passenger would feel draughts. 

My bet is that the incoming vents are placed in some part of the car which is inherantly dry
... such as under the bonnet

Sorry Pfinder.

You really do need to look up the relevant laws of physics and the application of Chemistry in regard to this.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #305 on: May 17, 2015, 10:20:03 AM »
Also as mentioned last time we went round this loop, there is a significant part of the bodywork within the door frame and outside the seal that could act as repository for scents transferred from clothing when entering or leaving the car.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #306 on: May 17, 2015, 10:24:12 AM »
Also as mentioned last time we went round this loop, there is a significant part of the bodywork within the door frame and outside the seal that could act as repository for scents transferred from clothing when entering or leaving the car.
And yet how strange that there were no dog alerts to any of Gerry's clothing.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #307 on: May 17, 2015, 10:27:32 AM »
And yet how strange that there were no dog alerts to any of Gerry's clothing.

I wasn't aware he was the only person to use the car?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #308 on: May 17, 2015, 10:30:48 AM »
Has there ever been a list of people drawn up of who was transported in that car in the month after it was first hired by the McCanns?  I know it was used to pick up family members from the airport and back but it would be interesting to know which of these people noticed the lingering stench of decaying corpse on their journey in the car...?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #309 on: May 17, 2015, 10:31:31 AM »
I wasn't aware he was the only person to use the car?
And your point is...?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #310 on: May 17, 2015, 11:26:42 AM »
But that wouldn't explain why Eddie did not alert in the Paynes apartment where he spent hours in the same clothing he had worn that night -  and cross contamination would almost certainly have occurred -  as any residual odour would be at its strongest.

A very good point.

Jesus, you need a mind like a razor to keep up with this.

Offline Admin

« Reply #311 on: May 17, 2015, 11:38:14 AM »
Members are warned that speculating to the extent that a post could be considered defamatory is contrary to the forum rules and renders such post open to removal.

Admin

Offline misty

« Reply #312 on: May 17, 2015, 12:12:15 PM »
You really do need to look up the relevant laws of physics and the application of Chemistry in regard to this.

Perhaps you would be helpful enough to explain it to us in layman's terms so we can all understand why the scent only permeated in the one place.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #313 on: May 17, 2015, 12:14:52 PM »
The only permissable, expressable opinion on the subject of the dogs and Amaral on this forum is that he misunderstood the dog alerts and that they were not alerting to cadaver scent - anything else by inference is defamatory,  just sayin'... 8(0(*

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #314 on: May 17, 2015, 03:39:01 PM »
You won't find one example when the missing person has turned up alive after Eddie has alerted to a body. Madeleine is still missing.
You don't need to find such a missing person.

Eddie alerted to the Scenic key in the sandbox test.  Keela alerted to the Scenic key, in the sandbox test.  The FSS identified the material on the Scenic key as belonging to Gerry.

Thus the dogs can alert to living people.  Whether such a person is missing or not is irrelevant, because the dogs don't distinguish missing people from non-missing people.  They just alert, and then it is over to forensics.
What's up, old man?