Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841552 times)

Offline mercury

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #480 on: May 20, 2015, 08:17:46 PM »
And the scent of Gerry's blood on the ignition key of the car.

Could detect a scent on clothing in the gym; but no scent on the same clothing in the villa.

Most strange.

It hasn'tbeen established it was Gerry's blood and secondly, it's only a possibility.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 08:20:36 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #481 on: May 20, 2015, 08:18:27 PM »
Because he wasn't?
In training there is no doubt about any alert as the matter is there
In operational cases, Mr Grime says he has not been distracted by various factors such as road kill, bacon sandwhiches, etc
The point is, this dog was highly trained to the scent of dead carcasses, and that is what he will have smelt and alerted to, with some small provisos

I'm glad you admit that it is a lie that in 200 cases eddie has never been wrong...a complete lie...so was there abody in 5a..do we know....

ferryman

« Reply #482 on: May 20, 2015, 08:21:37 PM »
It hasn'tbeen established it was Gerry's blood and secondly, it's only a possibility, keep up

The substance matched Gerry's DNA (I'll grant, not identified as blood).

But if it wasn't blood, then Keela must have alerted falsely, because she is not trained to react to anything else.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #483 on: May 20, 2015, 08:21:59 PM »
I'm glad you admit that it is a lie that in 200 cases eddie has never been wrong...a complete lie...so was there abody in 5a..do we know....

You don't get to be the highest paid dog in Britain for getting it wrong.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline mercury

« Reply #484 on: May 20, 2015, 08:22:23 PM »
Let's get back to the topic.

Even if a hundred posters go into the annals and intricacies of cadaver dog history, Amaral  and his team ( or the other way around) was given x y z information at the time and came to a theory/conclusion....that's that and what happened at the time...it really wasn't their problem

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #485 on: May 20, 2015, 08:24:27 PM »
Let's get back to the topic.

Even if a hundred posters go into the annals and intricacies of cadaver dog history, Amaral  and his team ( or the other way around) was given x y z information at the time and came to a theory/conclusion....that's that and what happened at the time...it really wasn't their problem

That may have been what happened at the time ...but by the time amaral wrote his book Grime had said the alerts had no evidential reliability...amaral continued with his lies

ferryman

« Reply #486 on: May 20, 2015, 08:25:26 PM »
You don't get to be the highest paid dog in Britain for getting it wrong.

Maybe, a touch of hyperbole in reporting, there.

There is an FOI answer somewhere that gives the breakdown of costs of hiring Eddie, and it's nothing like the amounts touted in the press.

Offline mercury

« Reply #487 on: May 20, 2015, 08:30:58 PM »

What is your problem exactly Dave? Why do you feel the need to put words into peoples mouths and also misconstrue what they have posted? I don't recall anyone asking me to admit anything for starters. And to finish because you are being tiresome, a) where is the "lie" in the fact that Eddie has never been wrong in 200 case searches and b) no one knows if there was a body in 5a or not. If they suggest they do they are being dishonest although it is totally acceptable also to believe there is no possibility (for reasons other than the dog alerts).End of, period. If you have trouble comprehending, do give me anither shout, I'm always willing to educate where I can. It's my day off work and was looking forward to posting, please don't spoil it.

Offline mercury

« Reply #488 on: May 20, 2015, 08:35:31 PM »
That may have been what happened at the time ...but by the time amaral wrote his book Grime had said the alerts had no evidential reliability...amaral continued with his lies

Mr Grime submitted his report in August 2007. Whilst Mr Amaral was still on the case. Nothing to do with the book or when it was published and the reasons. Steady on chap.Get your brainwaves into order.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #489 on: May 20, 2015, 08:38:29 PM »
What is your problem exactly Dave? Why do you feel the need to put words into peoples mouths and also misconstrue what they have posted? I don't recall anyone asking me to admit anything for starters. And to finish because you are being tiresome, a) where is the "lie" in the fact that Eddie has never been wrong in 200 case searches and b) no one knows if there was a body in 5a or not. If they suggest they do they are being dishonest although it is totally acceptable also to believe there is no possibility (for reasons other than the dog alerts).End of, period. If you have trouble comprehending, do give me anither shout, I'm always willing to educate where I can. It's my day off work and was looking forward to posting, please don't spoil it.

it has been claimed on here and elsewhere that eddie has never been wrong in 200 cases...that's a lie

Amaral has not suggested there was  a  body in 5a he has stated it as a fact...that's another lie

if you think you can educate me you are deluded

If you post expect to be challenged by those who don't agree with you

Offline misty

« Reply #490 on: May 20, 2015, 08:40:35 PM »
removed

Much is made of the training & achievements of the dogs, but little attention is paid to the handler's own training in the various relevant areas.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 12:23:46 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #491 on: May 20, 2015, 08:40:44 PM »
Mr Grime submitted his report in August 2007. Whilst Mr Amaral was still on the case. Nothing to do with the book or when it was published and the reasons. Steady on chap.Get your brainwaves into order.

so why didn't amaral reflect the truth in what Grime said.....the thread is about amaral misrepresenting what the alerts signified

Offline pathfinder73

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 12:24:22 PM by Angelo222 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #493 on: May 20, 2015, 08:42:44 PM »

this is what amaral said in his book...this is what his deluded followers believe

From then on, we are sure that, at a given moment, there was a body in apartment 5A. We now have to interview firemen, medical services personnel, previous tenants and employees of the Ocean Club to make sure that no death has taken place in this accommodation, which they confirm. So, we can conclude that the odour discovered is certainly that of Madeleine Beth McCann. (TOTL)

Offline Brietta

« Reply #494 on: May 20, 2015, 08:45:37 PM »
I take it we have established that we don't know what, scientifically, the prime suspect AKA Eddie, was smelling?

Got it in one, Shining ...
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....