Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841496 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #1020 on: July 18, 2015, 10:02:30 AM »
It was in Gerald McCann's statement, made after the dogs went that way;

That, between Monday and Wednesday, not knowing the precise date, when they left the residence by the main door, to place the children in the respective creches, MADELEINE left [went] running to the left to the extreme opposite of the residential blocks where they were lodged, playing with the twins. That they had gone down to the furthest point away from those blocks, not knowing exactly how, the three children got into the gardens at the rear [of the blocks]. Then they followed the inside corridor [pathway] at the rear, next to the hedges [fences] up to the street that led to the secondary reception.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-10MAY.htm

If the dogs had been following Madeleine's or even the twins scent, I would expect them to have at one stage gone off the path and into a garden ... "the three children got into the gardens at the rear [of the blocks]."

I don't think it is possible to know what scent they were following or its significance (or not) in relation to Madeleine McCann.  The handlers reported only what the dogs did and the only opinion I can see mentioned is the possibility that the second dog might have been following the first ... giving the impression the handlers may not have been convinced they had followed Madeleine's scent.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1021 on: July 18, 2015, 10:19:00 AM »
If the dogs had been following Madeleine's or even the twins scent, I would expect them to have at one stage gone off the path and into a garden ... "the three children got into the gardens at the rear [of the blocks]."

I don't think it is possible to know what scent they were following or its significance (or not) in relation to Madeleine McCann.  The handlers reported only what the dogs did and the only opinion I can see mentioned is the possibility that the second dog might have been following the first ... giving the impression the handlers may not have been convinced they had followed Madeleine's scent.

They did find Madeleine's scent. It is proven from statements and facts.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1022 on: July 18, 2015, 11:00:09 AM »

If they were following Madeleine's scent it was hugely significant.

If the scent came to an abrupt halt with both dogs losing it in a car park ... that is hugely significant.

It would appear that Madeleine had been taken from the apartment and taken by a circuitous route to a waiting vehicle.

Yet the significance of that would appear to have escaped the investigators who were already formulating suspicions about the involvement of Madeleine's parents in her disappearance ... the request to see a priest being one of the triggers for this.

No-one appears to have been asked about parked vehicles at that spot ... vehicles are only mentioned in passing by Mr Carpenter and the cook who appears to have had more concern about them than the police to whom he gave his statement.

Perhaps a perfect example of some of the search for evidence to solve a crime is ignored when the search for evidence to fit a theory is given paramount importance.

Why look for a live child when your theory dictates she is dead.

Why look for an outsider when your theory dictates it is an inside job.

Why look for a vehicle when your prime suspects have no access to one.

So if you are correct and the dogs did indeed follow Madeleine McCann's scent to the car park ... someone at the head of the investigation has an almighty sin to answer.

Madeleine McCann: The lost clues

CRUCIAL leads that could solve the mystery of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance are revealed today by the Sunday Express.

By JAMES MURRAY
PUBLISHED: 00:00, Sun, Apr 29, 2012 | UPDATED: 01:29, Sun, Apr 29, 2012

These vital clues were never followed up by the ­Portuguese police, according to Isabel Duarte, the ­Lisbon lawyer acting for Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry McCann.

Shortly after Madeleine was taken from Apartment 5A at the Ocean Club at Praia da Luz, five years ago this Thursday, a sniffer dog picked up her scent at a nearby car park.

Mrs Duarte said: “This was a significant moment at a critical time, yet there is very ­little about it in the police files. There doesn’t appear to have been any forensic work at the spot in the car park identified by the dog. More work should have been done.”
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/317111/Madeleine-McCann-The-lost-clues
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1023 on: July 18, 2015, 11:25:39 AM »
If they were following Madeleine's scent it was hugely significant.

If the scent came to an abrupt halt with both dogs losing it in a car park ... that is hugely significant.

It would appear that Madeleine had been taken from the apartment and taken by a circuitous route to a waiting vehicle.

Yet the significance of that would appear to have escaped the investigators who were already formulating suspicions about the involvement of Madeleine's parents in her disappearance ... the request to see a priest being one of the triggers for this.

No-one appears to have been asked about parked vehicles at that spot ... vehicles are only mentioned in passing by Mr Carpenter and the cook who appears to have had more concern about them than the police to whom he gave his statement.

Perhaps a perfect example of some of the search for evidence to solve a crime is ignored when the search for evidence to fit a theory is given paramount importance.

Why look for a live child when your theory dictates she is dead.

Why look for an outsider when your theory dictates it is an inside job.

Why look for a vehicle when your prime suspects have no access to one.

So if you are correct and the dogs did indeed follow Madeleine McCann's scent to the car park ... someone at the head of the investigation has an almighty sin to answer.

Madeleine McCann: The lost clues

CRUCIAL leads that could solve the mystery of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance are revealed today by the Sunday Express.

By JAMES MURRAY
PUBLISHED: 00:00, Sun, Apr 29, 2012 | UPDATED: 01:29, Sun, Apr 29, 2012

These vital clues were never followed up by the ­Portuguese police, according to Isabel Duarte, the ­Lisbon lawyer acting for Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry McCann.

Shortly after Madeleine was taken from Apartment 5A at the Ocean Club at Praia da Luz, five years ago this Thursday, a sniffer dog picked up her scent at a nearby car park.

Mrs Duarte said: “This was a significant moment at a critical time, yet there is very ­little about it in the police files. There doesn’t appear to have been any forensic work at the spot in the car park identified by the dog. More work should have been done.”
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/317111/Madeleine-McCann-The-lost-clues

Not really when the dogs came to a big open area and lost the scent trail - one dog crossed the road and went to the entrance but it was shut. Jane, Matt and Russell saw no cars parked on that road on their checks. Jes also said it was deserted.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 11:29:49 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1024 on: July 18, 2015, 12:14:38 PM »

Not really when the dogs came to a big open area and lost the scent trail - one dog crossed the road and went to the entrance but it was shut. Jane, Matt and Russell saw no cars parked on that road on their checks. Jes also said it was deserted.

Quote - Jane, Matt and Russell saw no cars parked on that road on their checks. Jes also said it was deserted. End quote

Did they volunteer that information or was it mentioned in a response to the question in their statements?  I think I would really need a cite.

Offline Anna

« Reply #1025 on: July 18, 2015, 01:09:33 PM »

Since Madeleine was never found by the dogs, how can anyone possibly know that it was Madeleine's scent that they followed?

The blanket would also have the scent of Kate and Gerry on it.
It was not a piece of clothing (usually used for scenting) that would have a stronger scent of the child's body, that was used for the dogs to sniff.
Sweat and an individual body smells. is what the dogs smell and try to trace.

I still believe that the dogs were confused by scents on that blanket.

How could anyone possibly prove that the dogs followed Madeleine's Scent when she was never found???
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1026 on: July 18, 2015, 03:37:24 PM »
Quote - Jane, Matt and Russell saw no cars parked on that road on their checks. Jes also said it was deserted. End quote

Did they volunteer that information or was it mentioned in a response to the question in their statements?  I think I would really need a cite.

In their rogs.

In the same way he relates never to have perceived suspicious movements undertaken by any motor vehicles in the vicinity of the resort where they were lodged.

By the way, he relates never to have perceived the presence of a blue light motor vehicle in the vicinity of the Ocean Club Garden.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MATTHEW-OLDFIELD-10MAY.htm

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1027 on: July 18, 2015, 03:50:37 PM »
Since Madeleine was never found by the dogs, how can anyone possibly know that it was Madeleine's scent that they followed?

The blanket would also have the scent of Kate and Gerry on it.
It was not a piece of clothing (usually used for scenting) that would have a stronger scent of the child's body, that was used for the dogs to sniff.
Sweat and an individual body smells. is what the dogs smell and try to trace.

I still believe that the dogs were confused by scents on that blanket.

How could anyone possibly prove that the dogs followed Madeleine's Scent when she was never found???

Madeleine's blanket was used. It was her scent they followed. It's amazing how many people underestimate the abilities of a dogs nose on this forum. 

During these holidays Madeleine usually slept clutching a soft toy, a pink cat, and sometimes wrapped in a pink blanket.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/KATE-MCCANN_ARGUIDO.htm

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1028 on: July 18, 2015, 03:58:44 PM »
In their rogs.

In the same way he relates never to have perceived suspicious movements undertaken by any motor vehicles in the vicinity of the resort where they were lodged.

By the way, he relates never to have perceived the presence of a blue light motor vehicle in the vicinity of the Ocean Club Garden.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MATTHEW-OLDFIELD-10MAY.htm

is a blue light motor vehicle  a police car
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 04:02:50 PM by davel »

Offline Anna

« Reply #1029 on: July 18, 2015, 04:27:23 PM »
Madeleine's blanket was used. It was her scent they followed. It's amazing how many people underestimate the abilities of a dogs nose on this forum. 

During these holidays Madeleine usually slept clutching a soft toy, a pink cat, and sometimes wrapped in a pink blanket.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/KATE-MCCANN_ARGUIDO.htm

I do not have a problem with the abilities of a sniffer dog. They do a wonderful job.

However on the occasions that a trail leads nowhere and the person being searched for is unfound. There is no evidence to prove that they tracked that particular persons scent. Can you prove otherwise?
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1030 on: July 18, 2015, 07:54:46 PM »
Do we even know which of the two lamposts at that carpark the GNR dogs went to?
There is one near the entrance and one actually in the car park.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1031 on: July 18, 2015, 08:07:23 PM »
I do not have a problem with the abilities of a sniffer dog. They do a wonderful job.

However on the occasions that a trail leads nowhere and the person being searched for is unfound. There is no evidence to prove that they tracked that particular persons scent. Can you prove otherwise?
Do we have any reports or photos of tracker dogs in the Hazell case in London? I mean non-evrd dogs used before 8th Aug 2012, outdoors. (I don't want details of evrd dog used indoors 8th to 10th, I want non-evrd dogs used outdoors 4th to 7th Aug).
What sort of results did they get from those outdoor tracking dogs?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 09:52:50 PM by pegasus »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1032 on: July 18, 2015, 08:46:02 PM »
Do we even know which of the two lamposts at that carpark the GNR dogs went to?
There is one near the entrance and one actually in the car park.

The one opposite the entrance. There is nothing to be found there. The other dogs found the truth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/33574800/rip-buster-the-sniffer-dog-who-saved-a-thousand-lives

Offline misty

« Reply #1033 on: July 18, 2015, 11:16:26 PM »
How many vehicles were parked in the rear car park of Block 6?
Most witnesses only appear to have been asked about cars parked on the road or in Block 5 car park.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1034 on: July 18, 2015, 11:31:04 PM »
The one opposite the entrance. There is nothing to be found there. The other dogs found the truth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/33574800/rip-buster-the-sniffer-dog-who-saved-a-thousand-lives
In your theory (what as you know I disagree with) you have a bag is that right?
And closed the GNR dogs would not track its route, is that your theory?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 11:42:11 PM by pegasus »