Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841555 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #1110 on: July 23, 2015, 05:57:48 PM »
We know that Eddie was correct in the Prout case, although there was no evidence found following his alert. He alerted in Jersey and no evidence was found there either. Does that mean he was wrong? No. it means no evidence was found.

He alerted in this case and no evidence was found. Does that mean he was wrong? No, it means no evidence was found.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

ferryman

« Reply #1111 on: July 23, 2015, 05:58:42 PM »
never thought otherwise dear

Thank you.

ferryman

« Reply #1112 on: July 23, 2015, 06:01:21 PM »
We know that Eddie was correct in the Prout case, although there was no evidence found following his alert. He alerted in Jersey and no evidence was found there either. Does that mean he was wrong? No. it means no evidence was found.

He alerted in this case and no evidence was found. Does that mean he was wrong? No, it means no evidence was found.

In the Prout case, Eddie alerted in the family home, despite Prout strangling his wife in an outhouse several hundred yards away, and burying her.

Still, I give Eddie benefit of doubt that Prout might have cross-transferred death scent into the home from his clothes after burying his wife.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1113 on: July 23, 2015, 06:06:36 PM »
Thank you.

youre very welcome, I personally am sick to the back teeth of some stupid internet war about whether the mccanns are gulty or innocent, cos I dont give a stuff either way, its not my problem, its theirs, its the abuse of power  by many and the prevention of truths coming to the surface I have a problem with, but their beds and they sleep in them, justice enough most of the time, better than nothing, meanwhile I will question thngs even if dear old Alf here  castigates people for even daring

Offline Benice

« Reply #1114 on: July 23, 2015, 06:08:54 PM »
No he was trained not to bark except for when he alerts. He doesn't bark when he's playing with tennis balls or toys.

Eddie was trained to bark wherever he detected a certain odour.    AFAIK he was not trained to bark wherever he detected a certain odour - but not when that odour was from a soft toy. 
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1115 on: July 23, 2015, 06:49:34 PM »
Eddie was trained to bark wherever he detected a certain odour.    AFAIK he was not trained to bark wherever he detected a certain odour - but not when that odour was from a soft toy.

Train a dog to react to a certain stimulus but then have exceptions so it will not react to the stimulus if it comes from some predefined sources.
How cool is that ?
How useful is that?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1116 on: July 23, 2015, 06:59:24 PM »
In the Prout case, Eddie alerted in the family home, despite Prout strangling his wife in an outhouse several hundred yards away, and burying her.

Still, I give Eddie benefit of doubt that Prout might have cross-transferred death scent into the home from his clothes after burying his wife.

do you have a cite for where he killed her ferryman? i haven't seen that.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1117 on: July 23, 2015, 07:19:56 PM »
it is true though PF that he didnt bark when he first encountered that toy....why not?
I watched the video and did hear a reaction but not a loud bark as when he alerted outside that sideboard

I read this explanation:

"Eddie was given a cuddly toy as a reward in training so reverted to puppy mode." 

Grime had to confirm if he marked it by removing it from the bin so he hid it for a second test.

"When detector dogs work, they’re not looking for bombs, humans or body parts," Grand Pre says. "They’re looking for their toy. They’re not motivated by what we’re motivated by."

http://www.scpr.org/news/2012/01/20/30870/indiana-bones-cadaver-dog-severed-limbs-hollywood/
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 07:28:03 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1118 on: July 23, 2015, 07:31:53 PM »
I read this explanation:

"Eddie was given a cuddly toy as a reward in training so reverted to puppy mode." 

Grime had to confirm if he marked it by removing it from the bin so he hid it for a second test.

Eddie had already taken cuddle cat from the bin before giving it a toss and walking off leaving it lying on the floor.

When next we see cuddle cat it is being extricated from a cupboard after Eddie had barked at a chair and some files on top.

We did a whole thread on this not too long ago.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1119 on: July 23, 2015, 07:38:54 PM »
Eddie had already taken cuddle cat from the bin before giving it a toss and walking off leaving it lying on the floor.

When next we see cuddle cat it is being extricated from a cupboard after Eddie had barked at a chair and some files on top.

We did a whole thread on this not too long ago.

"When detector dogs work, they’re not looking for bombs, humans or body parts," Grand Pre says. "They’re looking for their toy. They’re not motivated by what we’re motivated by."

http://www.scpr.org/news/2012/01/20/30870/indiana-bones-cadaver-dog-severed-limbs-hollywood/
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1120 on: July 23, 2015, 07:49:22 PM »
do you have a cite for where he killed her ferryman? i haven't seen that.

It doesnt matter as Eddie picked up on the death scent, thats all that matters IMO

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1121 on: July 23, 2015, 07:54:22 PM »
Is the tennis ball in the dog video?

Offline pegasus

Offline mercury

« Reply #1123 on: July 23, 2015, 10:08:20 PM »
how lovely, and how does it forward any discussion!??

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1124 on: July 23, 2015, 10:18:52 PM »
how lovely, and how does it forward any discussion!??
It doesn't directly. It shows that this dog's treat is a small coloured hoop (IMO Eddie's was a tennis ball). BTW this dog had just that minute alerted in a missing child case. Investigators decided to ignore its intelligence because they had already searched the indicated area several times so no point in searching yet again.