Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841665 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #1500 on: July 28, 2015, 07:53:55 AM »
You let your own blindness, as with other mccann supporters, to be unable to grasp that dogs are very adaptable and can be retrained.

you obviously haven't read the article

stephen25000

« Reply #1501 on: July 28, 2015, 08:13:34 AM »
you obviously haven't read the article

Which article dave ?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1502 on: July 28, 2015, 08:25:45 AM »
we are told 85 mins for cadaver in situ to develop scent....again...why the cover up if an accident happened before 8.30

"I had the tendency to walk close to the bathroom...........I was very clear about this, as having heard him say that had disturbed me, and I did not trust him to give bath to E. alone."
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1503 on: July 28, 2015, 08:33:19 AM »
"I had the tendency to walk close to the bathroom...........I was very clear about this, as having heard him say that had disturbed me, and I did not trust him to give bath to E. alone."

I don't think many share your view that this case involves Maddie being the victim of sexual abuse

ferryman

« Reply #1504 on: July 28, 2015, 08:38:59 AM »
How many mothers who harbour the suspicions Mrs G, apparently, harboured, would allow the man they suspect anywhere near their daughter at any time, let alone at bath time.

Yet that is what Mrs G's statement, apparently, says.

I distrust the statement most of all ...

But then, we are off-topic ...

ferryman

« Reply #1505 on: July 28, 2015, 09:21:41 AM »
From the article linked to earlier:

) A severely fatigued dog can inadvertently be pressured to give a false alert because it wants to terminate the search in order to rest. Therefore, it is important to maintain the dog at a high level of physical fitness so that it may work for multiple hours with only brief rest periods.

6) Dogs used to develop probable cause based upon residual scent must be negatively conditioned to human urine, feces, and semen in order to ensure that the animal will not alert when encountering these substances during a search. All dogs, no matter what level of training, used in the detection of decomposed human tissue should be negatively conditioned to the scent of decomposed non-human tissue. It must be kept in mind, however, that many dogs will react or show interest to any decomposed tissue at certain short times during the decomposition process.

7) Training for dogs used in search-and-rescue for lost persons (cadaver dogs) and for general field searching to find visible decomposed remains is generally appropriate and effective for that type of situation, but not for highly specialized situations or to build probable cause based solely upon residual scent.

ETA:

PJ Inspector Dias said this about Eddie:

From the screening of the videos, referred previously, done when the dogs were working, some doubts arise. We don't want and we can't take the place of the trainer, we only wish to alert, with this paragraph, to some facts, that according to us, need further clarification.

If the dog is trained to react when he detects what he is looking for, why, in most of the cases, we see the dog passing more than once by that place in an uninterested way, until he finally signals the place where he had already passed several times'

On one of the films, it's possible to see that 'Eddie' sniffs Madeleine's cuddle cat, more than once, bites it, throws it into the air and only after the toy is hidden does he 'mark' it (page 2099). Whys didn't he signal it when he sniffs it on the first time'

Clearly Inspector Dias had concerns ...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 09:30:31 AM by ferryman »

stephen25000

« Reply #1506 on: July 28, 2015, 09:24:38 AM »
From the article linked to earlier:

) A severely fatigued dog can inadvertently be pressured to give a false alert because it wants to terminate the search in order to rest. Therefore, it is important to maintain the dog at a high level of physical fitness so that it may work for multiple hours with only brief rest periods.

6) Dogs used to develop probable cause based upon residual scent must be negatively conditioned to human urine, feces, and semen in order to ensure that the animal will not alert when encountering these substances during a search. All dogs, no matter what level of training, used in the detection of decomposed human tissue should be negatively conditioned to the scent of decomposed non-human tissue. It must be kept in mind, however, that many dogs will react or show interest to any decomposed tissue at certain short times during the decomposition process.

7) Training for dogs used in search-and-rescue for lost persons (cadaver dogs) and for general field searching to find visible decomposed remains is generally appropriate and effective for that type of situation, but not for highly specialized situations or to build probable cause based solely upon residual scent.

So which dogs were severely fatigued ?

Your continued attempts to dismiss the dogs and Grime, really shows desperation.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1507 on: July 28, 2015, 09:28:58 AM »
You let your own blindness, as with other mccann supporters, to be unable to grasp that dogs are very adaptable and can be retrained.

If you read the literature, of which there is plenty, dogs cannot be 'untrained' to ignore earlier training.

For example, a dog trained on pig foetuses will always respond to dead pig.

For this reason cadaver dogs in some States in the USA are trained solely on complete human remains ~ human body parts and nothing else.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #1508 on: July 28, 2015, 09:45:16 AM »
If you read the literature, of which there is plenty, dogs cannot be 'untrained' to ignore earlier training.

For example, a dog trained on pig foetuses will always respond to dead pig.

For this reason cadaver dogs in some States in the USA are trained solely on complete human remains ~ human body parts and nothing else.

Who said dogs can be 'untrained' ?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1509 on: July 28, 2015, 10:03:34 AM »
Who said dogs can be 'untrained' ?

Your ill informed posts just cannot stand beside the researched posts from Sadie (which is the one you chose to denigrate) and Ferryman ... which lay out to all but those who will not comprehend ... that dogs can be "retrained" (your word) or fresh skills added to their repertoire ... but cannot be "untrained" (my word) to forget old skills.

Is that clear enough for you?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #1510 on: July 28, 2015, 10:07:59 AM »
Your ill informed posts just cannot stand beside the researched posts from Sadie (which is the one you chose to denigrate) and Ferryman ... which lay out to all but those who will not comprehend ... that dogs can be "retrained" (your word) or fresh skills added to their repertoire ... but cannot be "untrained" (my word) to forget old skills.

Is that clear enough for you?

So dogs can't learn new skills  ?

As to ferryman and sadie, they find 'research' which suits their purposes.

That is well known, and neither are experts.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=CAN+FORENSIC+DOGS+BE+TRAINED+TO+DETECT+OTHER+SCENTS&biw=929&bih=509&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAGoVChMI87rZyr79xgIVAbUUCh11mQ60&dpr=2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_and_rescue_dog
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 10:15:57 AM by stephen25000 »

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1511 on: July 28, 2015, 10:15:01 AM »
So dogs can't learn new skills  ?

As to ferryman and sadie, they find 'research' which suits their purposes.

That is well known, and neither are experts.

Dogs can learn new skills.  But they can't unlearn old ones.

stephen25000

« Reply #1512 on: July 28, 2015, 10:16:40 AM »
Dogs can learn new skills.  But they can't unlearn old ones.

I didn't say they could.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1513 on: July 28, 2015, 10:21:02 AM »
I didn't say they could.

So what was Eddie alerting to?

stephen25000

« Reply #1514 on: July 28, 2015, 10:26:05 AM »
So what was Eddie alerting to?

AS regards both dogs, there are two clear options.