Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841672 times)

ferryman

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #1530 on: July 29, 2015, 07:12:19 AM »
That is so wrong it's quite amusing;

The importance of this is that the dog is
introduced to the scent of a decomposing body NOT FOODSTUFF. This
ensures that the dog disregards the 'bacon sandwich' and 'kebab' etc that is
ever present in the background environment. Therefore the dog would
remain efficient searching for a cadaver in a café where the clientele were sat
eating bacon sandwiches

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm

Edited to amend.

I see you were quoting Grime.

Enough said ....
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:19:08 AM by ferryman »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1531 on: July 29, 2015, 07:25:47 AM »

Just to remind posters as to what the thread is about......amaral stated in his book...

From then on, we are sure that, at a given moment, there was a body in apartment 5A. We now have to interview firemen, medical services personnel, previous tenants and employees of the Ocean Club to make sure that no death has taken place in this accommodation, which they confirm. So, we can conclude that the odour discovered is certainly that of Madeleine Beth McCann. (TOTL)

amaral was wrong to assume this.....posters still believe this now...they are wrong...contributors to his fund believe this...they are wrong

ferryman

« Reply #1532 on: July 29, 2015, 07:29:14 AM »

Just to remind posters as to what the thread is about......amaral stated in his book...

From then on, we are sure that, at a given moment, there was a body in apartment 5A. We now have to interview firemen, medical services personnel, previous tenants and employees of the Ocean Club to make sure that no death has taken place in this accommodation, which they confirm. So, we can conclude that the odour discovered is certainly that of Madeleine Beth McCann. (TOTL)

amaral was wrong to assume this.....posters still believe this now...they are wrong...contributors to his fund believe this...they are wrong

Also a very large part of the reason (though far from the whole reason) why Dr Amaral lost the libel trial .....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1533 on: July 29, 2015, 07:44:28 AM »
Edited to amend.

I see you were quoting Grime.

Enough said ....

Common sense tells us that a dog alerting to food would be of no use at all ever. I don't need Grime to tell me that.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1534 on: July 29, 2015, 07:50:52 AM »
Common sense tells us that a dog alerting to food would be of no use at all ever. I don't need Grime to tell me that.

If you wish to post on this thread perhaps you could address the topic of the thread

Offline lordpookles

« Reply #1535 on: July 29, 2015, 08:29:50 AM »
Cadaver dogs do not alert to bacon sandwiches or pork sausages!! Or semen or sweat etc. I have a book on cadaver dogs. Will post for you guys if you like.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1536 on: July 29, 2015, 08:31:58 AM »
Cadaver dogs do not alert to bacon sandwiches or pork sausages!! Or semen or sweat etc. I have a book on cadaver dogs. Will post for you guys if you like.

we are all aware of what the dogs alert to.....we are also aware that Grime could not confirm that the alerts were definitely to cadaver.....the fact is amaral completely misrepresented/misunderstood the evidence

Offline lordpookles

« Reply #1537 on: July 29, 2015, 08:40:48 AM »
I agree with that. I just keep reading about the dogs alerting to urine/semen etc. Of course any policeman would take these alerts seriously and try and find corroborating evidence I would assume. He did and he didn't find any.

Offline lordpookles

« Reply #1538 on: July 29, 2015, 08:45:33 AM »
Also a very large part of the reason (though far from the whole reason) why Dr Amaral lost the libel trial .....

A bit pedantic, but still it was a damages trial, no? At least that it was what that poster oxfordbloo claimed and he seemed to have good knowledge of Portuguese law.

Offline lordpookles

« Reply #1539 on: July 29, 2015, 08:59:25 AM »
What would be interesting to know is how far forensics have progressed since 2007 and if there is much forensic material left from 2007. That could certainly put this matter to bed. Seems SY applied for and got material collected. What that material was we don't know but newspaper reports suggested the curtains...

ferryman

« Reply #1540 on: July 29, 2015, 09:06:53 AM »
A bit pedantic, but still it was a damages trial, no? At least that it was what that poster oxfordbloo claimed and he seemed to have good knowledge of Portuguese law.

Pedantry is justified when deployed to counter dishonesty, and those of a certain persuasion wish to cover up that the second part of the libel trial was to determine what level of damage award would adequately compensate the McCanns for the libel perpetrated against them by Amaral.

Swinging it all back on topic, a large part of the reason why Amaral lost the libel trial is because he screwed up royally in his (mis)interpretation of the reactions of the dogs.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1541 on: July 29, 2015, 09:20:45 AM »
What would be interesting to know is how far forensics have progressed since 2007 and if there is much forensic material left from 2007. That could certainly put this matter to bed. Seems SY applied for and got material collected. What that material was we don't know but newspaper reports suggested the curtains...

Julie Pacey murder Crimewatch appeal: Police get 'overwhelming' number of calls

** Snip
A scientist has now produced an almost complete DNA profile of the killer - but police cannot find a match in their database.

It is after developments in DNA profiling produced startling results and gave investigating officers fresh hope.

Read more: http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Julie-Pacey-murder-Crimewatch-appeal-Police/story-27505557-detail/story.html#ixzz3hGY4t1Kx

Science has come on by leaps and bounds since 2007.

But as in Julie Pacey's murder if there is nothing with which to match it, almost a certainty in Portugal, its value may be limited to elimination purposes.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1542 on: July 29, 2015, 09:32:28 AM »
So what DO they alert to when no evidence of any corpse is found?  For example Zampo the cadaver dog which alerted numerous times in a forest in which the handler believed murders and dismemberments had taken place but which later turned out to be untrue?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1543 on: July 29, 2015, 09:35:34 AM »
If you wish to post on this thread perhaps you could address the topic of the thread

"Amaral & the Dogs"?
It seems to me any post containing either the word dog or Amaral would be on topic.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1544 on: July 29, 2015, 09:40:37 AM »
So what DO they alert to when no evidence of any corpse is found?  For example Zampo the cadaver dog which alerted numerous times in a forest in which the handler believed murders and dismemberments had taken place but which later turned out to be untrue?

A true example of 'Scandinavian Noir'
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/oct/20/thomas-quick-bergwall-sweden-murder

Also an example of the closeness of handler and dog; the handler expected to find something that wasn't there, so the dog found it.
A perfect example of "Clever Hans".
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....