Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841657 times)

stephen25000

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #1635 on: July 30, 2015, 08:33:37 AM »
there is plenty of online hatred towards the mccanns fuelled by amarals lies re the dogs

Rubbish.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1636 on: July 30, 2015, 08:43:27 AM »
Rubbish.

question...... How long should the McCanns suffer...Answer......For the rest of their miserable lives

I suppose you would describe that as just asking questions

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1637 on: July 30, 2015, 08:43:47 AM »
there is plenty of online hatred towards the mccanns fuelled by amarals lies re the dogs

You are mistaken if you believe that everyone who doubts the McCann's story does so because of Amaral's 'lies about the dogs'. Doubts arose and were expressed long before the dogs went to Praia da Luz.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

« Reply #1638 on: July 30, 2015, 08:47:41 AM »
question...... How long should the McCanns suffer...Answer......For the rest of their miserable lives

I suppose you would describe that as just asking questions

Whether you like it or not, people have opinions, and why shouldn't they ?

Your views are very often extremely objectionable, but you still continue to place them on here. 8)-)))

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1639 on: July 30, 2015, 08:48:20 AM »
You are mistaken if you believe that everyone who doubts the McCann's story does so because of Amaral's 'lies about the dogs'. Doubts arose and were expressed long before the dogs went to Praia da Luz.

As I don't believe that and have never said it then I am not mistaken..it is a sign of your poor understanding of what I post that you should say that.

What I actually said was that amaral has fuelled the hatred towards the McCanns with his lies...and I don't think anyone could deny that...the evidence is very clear

ferryman

« Reply #1640 on: July 30, 2015, 08:48:42 AM »

The mere fact that you put the words lies about the dogs in inverted commas suggests you doubt Amaral lied.

At most charitable, Amaral's interpretation of the work of the dogs was incompetent; at worst, he lied.

Take your pick.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1641 on: July 30, 2015, 08:49:55 AM »
Whether you like it or not, people have opinions, and why shouldn't they ?

Your views are very often extremely objectionable, but you still continue to place them on here. 8)-)))

people are entitled to opinions but depending on those opinions they may not have the right to express them...that is something some people do not seem to understand

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1642 on: July 30, 2015, 08:52:24 AM »
A little later, Eddie is examining the floor in the parents' bedroom, near the wardrobe, when he lets out a strident howl, indicating that he has detected a cadaver odour. The investigators have hardly recovered from their amazement, when another, equally impressive, howl startles them. This time, Eddie has picked out that same odour under the window, just behind the sofa, on one of the walls in the lounge. That evening, in apartment 5A, the investigators begin to glimpse what might have happened.

That is lies form amaral's book...eddie reacts to blood as well...there is absolutely no confirmation that eddie was alerting to cadaver...yet amaral claims he is.

Offline Benice

« Reply #1643 on: July 30, 2015, 09:13:27 AM »
A little later, Eddie is examining the floor in the parents' bedroom, near the wardrobe, when he lets out a strident howl, indicating that he has detected a cadaver odour. The investigators have hardly recovered from their amazement, when another, equally impressive, howl startles them. [/u]This time, Eddie has picked out that same odour under the window, just behind the sofa, on one of the walls in the lounge. That evening, in apartment 5A, the investigators begin to glimpse what might have happened.

That is lies form amaral's book...eddie reacts to blood as well...there is absolutely no confirmation that eddie was alerting to cadaver...yet amaral claims he is.

Eddie never did let out ''strident howls'' - he barked.      Not the same thing at all.  I can only presume he thought 'strident howls' would sound more convincing/impressive/dramatic to his readers  -  than simply stating .. 'he barked' - even if it was completely untrue. 

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1644 on: July 30, 2015, 09:16:51 AM »

As I don't believe that and have never said it then I am not mistaken..it is a sign of your poor understanding of what I post that you should say that.

What I actually said was that amaral has fuelled the hatred towards the McCanns with his lies...and I don't think anyone could deny that...the evidence is very clear

OK, so people were already questioning the McCann's story. You are saying this was intensified once Amaral's opinions became known. When did his opinions become known and what measure have you used to determine the intensification of questioning at that time?
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1645 on: July 30, 2015, 09:21:10 AM »
The mere fact that you put the words lies about the dogs in inverted commas suggests you doubt Amaral lied.

At most charitable, Amaral's interpretation of the work of the dogs was incompetent; at worst, he lied.

Take your pick.

Lying requires intent to deceive. I don't actually think the guy intended to deceive when discussing the dogs. He also had other reasons for suspicion, let's not forget. For him the dogs didn't arouse his suspicions they confirmed them.
Result = happy posting.

Offline sadie

« Reply #1646 on: July 30, 2015, 09:22:46 AM »

Take your pick.

8((()*/

In a nutshell ferryman

ferryman

« Reply #1647 on: July 30, 2015, 09:23:46 AM »
Lying requires intent to deceive. I don't actually think the guy intended to deceive when discussing the dogs. He also had other reasons for suspicion, let's not forget. For him the dogs didn't arouse his suspicions they confirmed them.

So how would you explain Amaral's misinterpretation of Harrison's role in the investigation?

Offline Benice

« Reply #1648 on: July 30, 2015, 09:36:17 AM »

In order to claim his suspicions were confirmed -  he had to 'cherry pick' the parts re the dogs which suited him - and turn a blind eye to the parts which cast serious doubt on his suspicions.     That's not proper policework IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1649 on: July 30, 2015, 09:43:06 AM »
In order to claim his suspicions were confirmed -  he had to 'cherry pick' the parts re the dogs which suited him - and turn a blind eye to the parts which cast serious doubt on his suspicions.     That's not proper policework IMO.

Very well put.