Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841505 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #1815 on: August 04, 2015, 01:44:28 PM »
So Eddie wasn't certain about CuddleCat?  How do you work that one out?  Cart before the horse?
Eddie did not alert to CuddleCat.

Oh yes he did. He pulled the toy out of the bin and marked it. Maybe he thought it was a test like he did as a puppy. They hid the toy for a second test and he alerted. Eddie alerted to CC. CC was a part of staging and placed on the bed.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1816 on: August 04, 2015, 01:45:44 PM »
What does he do when he's only 60-80% certain?  Give a raised eyebrow?

He doesn't alert.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1817 on: August 04, 2015, 01:47:28 PM »
Oh yes he did. He pulled the toy out of the bin and marked it. Maybe he thought it was a test like he did as a puppy. They hid the toy for a second test and he alerted. Eddie alerted to CC. CC was a part of staging and placed on the bed.

Have you watched that Video?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1818 on: August 04, 2015, 01:48:00 PM »
He doesn't alert.
How do you know it's a weak alert then?  It's either an alert or it isn't!

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1819 on: August 04, 2015, 01:49:35 PM »
Have you watched that Video?

Yes and Eddie didn't mark any other toy. Only the toy found on the missing child's bed. Eddie ain't dumb.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1820 on: August 04, 2015, 01:49:46 PM »
He marked it?  What with?!

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1821 on: August 04, 2015, 01:58:31 PM »
He marked it?  What with?!

I asked Martin why Eddie did not alert to cuddle cat when he first encountered the toy and his response was this, and I quote:

"Eddie was given a cuddly toy as a reward in training so reverted to puppy mode. His inital reaction in playing with the toy was not unusual at all."

Serendipity on December 16, 2013

ferryman

« Reply #1822 on: August 04, 2015, 02:00:43 PM »
Cuddle-cat was a fiasco and an embarrassment to Grime.

I think Grime hid the toy in a cupboard to avoid a repeat of Eddie playing with it.

When Eddie started barking all around the cupboard, Grime muddled through it the best he could.

We never did establish why Grime felt Eddie would need two cracks at alerting to the clothes ...

The only explanation of how the inspection at the gym came about is the one in Amaral's book.

Harrison turned his back on it, describing it curtly in his summary of all searches as a PJ exercise.

He described the prior inspection in the villa the same.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #1823 on: August 04, 2015, 02:09:24 PM »
Revealed in all it's glory.  I wonder how much Martin Grime got paid for that farce.

And incidentally, Eddie never at any time reacted to CuddleCat, or even to the cupboard in which the toy was hidden.

Agree, Eleanor.

Grime spent five times as long standing by the right front wing of the Renault than he did with any of the other cars.  And Eddie showed no more interest in the Renault than he did with any of the other cars - until he realised that his masters behaviour was quite different.   On the fifth recall he "alerted".  In the place that Grime was repeatedly pointing to. 

Combine that performance with Duarte Levy on the video, and the forensic results (a trace of Gerry's blood on the keycard) , and this is a complete non event.

Anyone who is convinced that this shows Madeleine was in the hirecar redefines the term "gullible".

Offline Carana

« Reply #1824 on: August 04, 2015, 02:12:00 PM »
I asked Martin why Eddie did not alert to cuddle cat when he first encountered the toy and his response was this, and I quote:

"Eddie was given a cuddly toy as a reward in training so reverted to puppy mode. His inital reaction in playing with the toy was not unusual at all."

Many thanks for that, erm, "authoritative" source...

ferryman

« Reply #1825 on: August 04, 2015, 02:14:31 PM »
Agree, Eleanor.

Grime spent five times as long standing by the right front wing of the Renault than he did with any of the other cars.  And Eddie showed no more interest in the Renault than he did with any of the other cars - until he realised that his masters behaviour was quite different.   On the fifth recall he "alerted".  In the place that Grime was repeatedly pointing to. 

Combine that performance with Duarte Levy on the video, and the forensic results (a trace of Gerry's blood on the keycard) , and this is a complete non event.

Anyone who is convinced that this shows Madeleine was in the hirecar redefines the term "gullible".

At most charitable.

Or beguiler at less charitable and (in some instances at least!) more accurate.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1826 on: August 04, 2015, 02:16:43 PM »
Doncha just lurve Martin Grime's straight face.  He could market that if nothing else.

How I actually got through that video will remain a better forgotten memory for some time to come.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1827 on: August 04, 2015, 02:21:30 PM »

Dogs usually mark things with urine, that's why I asked.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1828 on: August 04, 2015, 02:24:23 PM »
Postively serependitous!  We're not allowed to diss that particular source though...  8(8-))

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1829 on: August 04, 2015, 02:52:03 PM »

It is if you know who it is  8(0(*