Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841659 times)

ferryman

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #2145 on: August 12, 2015, 07:26:19 PM »
Ask him.

Rex Stockham
FBI Canine Program Manager at FBI

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/rex-stockham/39/6a8/aa0

Forensic Canine Program Manager
FBI
May 2005 – Present (10 years 4 months)Fredericksburg, VA
Developed and implemented the FBI's Human Scent Evidence Team (HSET) and Victim Recovery Team (VRT) programs. Provide canine-related search assistance and subject matter expert testimony. Train and certify Forensic Canine Program canines.

Rex Stolkham did not produce the FOI answers.

South Yorkshire Police did (Grime's former employer)

stephen25000

« Reply #2146 on: August 12, 2015, 07:37:00 PM »
Is this from you ferryman ?

From Amazon..........................

''There are actually 3 FOI answers (two in my possession) that, between them confirm Eddie was never sent to America to be trained on human remains.''

' This is a total falsehood. In fact, the FOI responses confirm that Martin Grime did indeed take the dog to America and that there is a record of this in his training record with South Yorkshire police.

In the record it makes mention of a report to follow. The report referred to is not in the file.

ferryman has used the absence of the report to claim something is amiss, and has made this libelous claim about Mr Grime on numerous occasions.

It is of course complete rubbish'

Offline sadie

« Reply #2147 on: August 12, 2015, 07:51:30 PM »
Rollocks.

The dogs alerted.

Forensic results were inconclusive.
They weren't even pointers .. cos Eddie alerts to living scents as well as cadavar odour.

Not even pointers.  Soz stephen.

stephen25000

« Reply #2148 on: August 12, 2015, 07:55:02 PM »
They weren't even pointers .. cos Eddie alerts to living scents as well as cadavar odour.

Wrong sadie.

Learn some science.

Soz.

ferryman

« Reply #2149 on: August 12, 2015, 07:55:31 PM »
Is this from you ferryman ?

From Amazon..........................

''There are actually 3 FOI answers (two in my possession) that, between them confirm Eddie was never sent to America to be trained on human remains.''

' This is a total falsehood. In fact, the FOI responses confirm that Martin Grime did indeed take the dog to America and that there is a record of this in his training record with South Yorkshire police.

In the record it makes mention of a report to follow. The report referred to is not in the file.

ferryman has used the absence of the report to claim something is amiss, and has made this libelous claim about Mr Grime on numerous occasions.

It is of course complete rubbish'

Keep digging ...

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2150 on: August 12, 2015, 07:57:13 PM »

Is there evidence for that statement please?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

« Reply #2151 on: August 12, 2015, 08:00:40 PM »

ferryman

« Reply #2152 on: August 12, 2015, 08:02:43 PM »
I don't need to. 8)-)))

That's good.

You're already buried, then ...

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2153 on: August 12, 2015, 08:03:20 PM »
Is there evidence for that statement please?

Unless we have been misinformed, Dr Gerry McCann is alive and kicking ... the cellular material Eddie alerted to in the Renault was his; that provides evidence that Eddie alerts to living scent.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

ferryman

« Reply #2154 on: August 12, 2015, 08:05:34 PM »
I don't need to. 8)-)))

You're already buried then?

stephen25000

« Reply #2155 on: August 12, 2015, 08:07:33 PM »
You're already buried then?

Silly boy.

Are you a fan of Stephen Birch  ? 8)--))

ferryman

« Reply #2156 on: August 12, 2015, 08:17:40 PM »
Dear [name deleted],

With regard to your request in relation to:

"1. Can you confirm that the cadaver dog "Eddie", formerly a police dog under
dog handler and dog instructor Martin Grime, now retired from your force, was
sent to America to be trained on human cadavers and be upgraded to "enhanced"
victim recovery dog?

2. Can you confirm that South Yorkshire Police uses, or has used, an American
device for trapping scents, a "Scent Transfer Unit" or "STU100" in the
training of its cadaver dogs?"

RESPONSE

1. South Yorkshire Police holds information which would tend to confirm this part of your request. This information is contained within the anual Personal Development Review of retired PC GRIME for the year 2005/2006 and states at various points,

"(PC GRIMES) has deployed police dog 'Eddie' to train on human remains in the US. This training has been valuable as it is not possible to utilise human remains in the UK. A full report from the F.B.I. to document his training and operational deployments whilst in America remains pending"

"Deployments have been on a national scale and a recent visit to the F.B.I. in America has created some income generation potential in terms of training."

"Complete sponsored visit to FBI to educate on C.S.I. Dog capabilities - Achieved"

2. From enquiries I have made it would appear that South Yorkshire Police have not deployed or used a device known as a 'Scent Transfer Unit' or 'STU100' within Force either operationally or for evaluation. However the Force does hold information that would indicate that Mr GRIME, whilst serving with this Force IN 2006, did utilise such a device whilst engageD in another Force area. A section of a statement apparently made but not signed by Mr GRIME reads: -

" I developed the training of the E.V.R.D. to include the screening of scent pads taken from motor vehicles by a ST 100 Scent Tranference Unit.

The unit is designed in a two main-part design. The main body is a battery operated electrical device that draws air in at to the front and exhausts through the rear. Ther is no 're-circulation' of air within the unit. The second main part is a 'grilled' hood that fits to the main body. A sterile gauze pad is fitted into the hood. When operated the ST 100 draws air through the hood and the sterile gauze pad and exhausts through ports to the rear. 'Scent' is trapped in the gauze, which may then be stored for use within scent discrimination exercises.

The ST 100 unit is cleaned following use in such a manner that no residual scent is apparent. This is checked by control measures where the dog is allowed to search a given area where the S100 is secreted. Any response by the dog would suggest contamination. Tests have shown that the decontamination procedures are effective in this case with the dog NOT alerting to the device when completed.

Use of the ST100 is recommended when subject vehicles, property, clothing, premises are to be forensically protected from contamination by the dog, and for covert deployment. At all other times best practice would be for the dog to be given direct access.

Operational use of the STU 100 is in a developmental stage"

If you are unhappy with the way your request for information has been handled, you can request a review by following the advice contained in the separate notice attached to this correspondence:

If you remain dissatisfied with the handling of your request or complaint, you have a right to appeal to the Information Commissioner at:
The Information Commissioner's Office,
Wycliffe House,
Water Lane,
Wilmslow,
Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Telephone: 08456 306060 or 01625 545745
There is no charge for making an appeal.

Yours sincerely

The follow-up quetion:

__________________________-

Freedom of Information Request - Reference No:20110231

REQUEST

[Following a response to request 20110186]

Can I ask, did that FBI report described as 'pending' turn up?

RESPONSE

SYP did not receive a report, therefore there is `no information held'.

The third FOI answer (which I believe Carana has) asked, straightforwardly, what training or preparation Eddie had received to equip him for his duties as a police dog.

The answer was that Eddie's training was in conformance with standard ACPO guidelines.

Then a link was given to the ACPO dog-training manual.

As you would expect, the ACPO dog-training manual says nothing about sending dogs to America.  It explains in detail how dog-training courses are set up in the UK using pig carcasses and pig scents.

Offline mercury

« Reply #2157 on: August 12, 2015, 08:22:51 PM »
He was a fantasist who discussed means of disposing of a body.

His image was captured on CCTV in the company of his victim.

He had been acquitted on a rape charge which was alleged to have occurred a short distance from where he battered his victim to death in his car with a spanner.

Traces of his victim were found in his flat where he had changed his mattress after enquiring how to remove blood from his old one.

He purchased caustic soda which he made into a solution in a drum and attempted to dissolve his victim's body in it.

He was familiar with the storage facilities on the farm where he had stored the drum and its contents having rented there before.

Forensic tests on the dirt trapped in the wheel treads of his vehicle showed matches for the soil from the farm where he dumped his victim's remains and from where he dumped her handbag.

That's all I can recall off the top of my head, I'm sure there will be more.

The example you have chosen to equate the value of police dog working bears absolutely no comparison or relation to what happened in Praia da Luz ... it is rather mean spirited of you to suggest such a thing.

He was questioned as a witness in a missing person case, a status that changed when sniffer dogs indicated that a body had been in Pacteau’s car. DNA samples taken from his apartment showed traces of Ms Buckley’s blood.
-----
His status changed from witness to suspect after a cadaver dog alerted. Just as happened in the Mccann case. So dogs can change the course of an investigation.

A pertinent point on a dog thread.

That is the only point I was making, and not comparing the two cases in any other way and it is mean spirited of you to suggest anything else!

Offline mercury

« Reply #2158 on: August 12, 2015, 08:32:35 PM »
Ferryman

- the FOI response confirms Mr Grime went to the USA to train his dog on human remains
- that SYP never recieved a specific report from the FBI as to methods used does not nullify this
- do you accept you are calling Mr Grime a liar? and that he has fabricated info on his CV?

ferryman

« Reply #2159 on: August 12, 2015, 08:33:53 PM »
Ferryman

- the FOI response confirms Mr Grime went to the USA to train his dog on human remains
- that SYP never recieved a specific report from the FBI as to methods used does not nullify this
- do you accept you are calling Mr Grime a liar? and that he has fabricated info on his CV?

The answers say what they say.

They don't say what you insist.