Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841495 times)

Offline mercury

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #2925 on: August 18, 2015, 10:31:37 PM »
And I will be the judge of my opinion..all my conclusions are based on evidence...the alerts are meaningless according to the evidence..

so tell me if you can..
#
what do the alerts tell us

I wish  you well in the future tryng to prove forever the dog alerts mean nothing at all but my time is worth more than arguing your rubbish , bye now

&8#£%

8)-)))

Offline mercury

« Reply #2926 on: August 18, 2015, 10:35:08 PM »
so he says the alerts are suggestive of cadaver scent...not that they are cadaver scent..can you not see the difference..perhaps you can't because you are biased

THEY SUGGEST = THEY INDICATE = THE DOG THINKS ITS CADAVER ODOUR

No one suggested it was anything else

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 10:46:00 PM by Anna »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2927 on: August 18, 2015, 10:35:54 PM »
I wish  you well in the future tryng to prove forever the dog alerts mean nothing at all but my time is worth more than arguing your rubbish , bye now

&8#£%

8)-)))

I don't have to prove anything .......I just point out where you are wrong... I post what Grime has said...you post what he means. You have absolutely no way of knowing what Grime means so your post is just your opinion...which is biased. My post is 100% accurate relating what he said...evidenced from the files

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2928 on: August 18, 2015, 10:38:17 PM »

No one suggested it was anything else

Jesus wept, YOURE ON IGNORE for being dim as well as everything else

so now you are telling us what the dog thinks...very entertaining..not only can you read Grime's mind you can read the dog's mind too

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2929 on: August 18, 2015, 10:44:44 PM »

sorry but there do not appear to be any facts in your posts
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 10:49:37 PM by Anna »

Offline Anna

« Reply #2930 on: August 18, 2015, 10:51:31 PM »

There is always a possibility of contamination of odours by transferral. EVRD does not make a distinction; he responds with a certain behaviour for which he was trained when he recognizes an odour. He does not identify the reasons for the presence of the odour nor does he identify suspects. Forensic confirmation and specialized investigation methods will determine the reasons and the suspicions. In order to undoubtedly affirm there must be a confirmation of the alert signals made by the dog.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES_RIGATORY.htm
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2931 on: August 18, 2015, 10:53:55 PM »
There is always a possibility of contamination of odours by transferral. EVRD does not make a distinction; he responds with a certain behaviour for which he was trained when he recognizes an odour. He does not identify the reasons for the presence of the odour nor does he identify suspects. Forensic confirmation and specialized investigation methods will determine the reasons and the suspicions. In order to undoubtedly affirm there must be a confirmation of the alert signals made by the dog.

that's the important line...without forensic confirmation the alert cannot be confirmed...therefore they are not confirmed

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2932 on: August 18, 2015, 10:57:10 PM »
that's the important line...without forensic confirmation the alert cannot be confirmed...therefore they are not confirmed

I don't think you actually mean that!
We probably know what you mean but it isn't what you said.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline mercury

« Reply #2933 on: August 18, 2015, 10:57:20 PM »

Thanks Anna for showing there may be various reasons for a cadaverscent alert but not that there wasnt one which many are at pains to portray

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2934 on: August 18, 2015, 10:59:05 PM »
I don't think you actually mean that!
We probably know what you mean but it isn't what you said.

yes I  do mean that...and it is what I posted

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2935 on: August 18, 2015, 10:59:32 PM »
If  a kilo of cannabis contacted my slacks, it makes a huge difference....
Was I was wearing them at the time of contact?
Or was I not wearing them, and not even in the same building, at the time of contact?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 11:06:13 PM by pegasus »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2936 on: August 18, 2015, 11:01:36 PM »
Thanks Anna for showing there may be various reasons for a cadaverscent alert but not that there wasnt one which many are at pains to portray

no...Grime says in order to confirm the alert there must be forensic evidence...so there may be an alert...but to confirm it is to cadaver odour there must be forensic evidence

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2937 on: August 18, 2015, 11:32:36 PM »
You do not understand the basics or are twisting them

Forensic evidence ie blood by Keela alerts  cannot confirm (corroborate) a cadaver scent
It might
There is NOTHING that can confirm a cadaver scent alert per se, only support it, now learn this fact , digest it  and dont converse with me again

That's right
the alerts are not and cannot be confirmed
Therefore no one can state that they are definitely to cadaver
Grime has confirmed this
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 12:19:13 AM by Anna »

Offline mercury

« Reply #2938 on: August 18, 2015, 11:43:27 PM »
A cadaver might, or a body part, don't you think?

THAT goes without saying
Stop being facetious
This is a case of REMNANT body scent

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #2939 on: August 19, 2015, 12:01:30 AM »
THAT goes without saying
Stop being facetious
This is a case of REMNANT body scent
I wasn't being facetious, merely pointing out the error in your statement. 

Without concrete evidence such as body parts or a cadaver there is no way of knowing for sure what the dog was alerting to.   We know that cadaver dogs have given multiple false alerts before and so it is possible that the dog falsely alerted in this case.  There is no reason to suppose that Eddie was in some way superior to all other dogs that have ever existed before - the say-so of his owner and chief beneficiary is not sufficient proof of his superiority.  The dog may have been alerting to a cadaver, but then again maybe not.  Who knows? This can be argued about for the next 100 years but doing so will achieve nothing of any merit whatsoever. 

Now, these are factual statements and you can huff and puff until you're blue in the face, nothing will alter the veracity of what I have just written.  Ta ta.