Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841657 times)

Offline Carew

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #2970 on: August 19, 2015, 11:43:39 AM »
Blood, I expect.  That's why Eddie was no good as a Cadaver Dog.

I thought you wanted to cut the jokes.

ferryman

« Reply #2971 on: August 19, 2015, 11:44:55 AM »
That ended up being a no body murder case and the police got the evidence required to convict her husband of murder without the need for the body. If SY believe Maddy is dead then this could be the same - a no body murder case.

"In order to prove that the child is dead it is not necessary to have a body. There is no point in saying that the child is dead, or that the child is alive, what we need is to work the investigation and carry it out to the end, something that was not done." (GA)

Why do you keep quoting Goncalo Amaral.

His incompetence is manifest and proven.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2972 on: August 19, 2015, 11:45:41 AM »
That ended up being a no body murder case and the police got the evidence required to convict her husband of murder without the need for the body. If SY believe Maddy is dead then this could be the same - a no body murder case.

"In order to prove that the child is dead it is not necessary to have a body. There is no point in saying that the child is dead, or that the child is alive, what we need is to work the investigation and carry it out to the end, something that was not done." (GA)

Ah, but Goncalo Amaral was accusing The McCanns.  Even with a body there would be no proof of that.  Although Stranger DNA might prove to be interesting.

Amaral is simply trying to convict two people against whom he has no evidence.  Never did have, and never will have.
He is a busted flush, and probably always was.

stephen25000

« Reply #2973 on: August 19, 2015, 11:46:48 AM »
Why do you keep quoting Goncalo Amaral.

His incompetence is manifest and proven.

Well what a surprise comment.

However, he has nothing on the parents responsible for this whole case.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2974 on: August 19, 2015, 11:46:55 AM »
I thought you wanted to cut the jokes.

My comment was no joke.  Just a logical explanation.

stephen25000

« Reply #2975 on: August 19, 2015, 11:51:07 AM »
My comment was no joke.  Just a logical explanation.

Just your opinion, as others express theirs.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2976 on: August 19, 2015, 11:51:40 AM »
You believe it was cross contamination Pegasus? How?
Hypothetically position a bar of gold on a shelf, under a pile of 40 clothing items, and list the items it is in contact with.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2977 on: August 19, 2015, 11:57:42 AM »
Eddie never did find Kate Prout's body.  And it was there all of the time.

276-acre Redhill Farm at Redmarley.

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2978 on: August 19, 2015, 12:02:55 PM »
Just your opinion, as others express theirs.

Sorry.  I don't understand.  Eddie and Keela reacted to blood.  This is not an opinion.  It is a fact.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2979 on: August 19, 2015, 12:06:33 PM »
276-acre Redhill Farm at Redmarley.

So did they use the dogs to search the rest of the farm?  And if not, why not?  That's where she was killed and buried.

Offline Carana

« Reply #2980 on: August 19, 2015, 12:10:14 PM »

Well, erm, no. The first case of a successful conviction in Portugal in the absence of a body and any significant evidence beyond a "reconstruction" in dubious circumstances was... ?

When asked what his next steps would have been, he'd said that he was in the process of getting members of the Smith family over again (he doesn't specify which members, nor is there any trace that he was organising it in the files) and to carry on looking for an elusive freezer.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2981 on: August 19, 2015, 12:20:34 PM »
Well, erm, no. The first case of a successful conviction in Portugal in the absence of a body and any significant evidence beyond a "reconstruction" in dubious circumstances was... ?

When asked what his next steps would have been, he'd said that he was in the process of getting members of the Smith family over again (he doesn't specify which members, nor is there any trace that he was organising it in the files) and to carry on looking for an elusive freezer.

Well, his potty ideas worked the first time, so obviously he was going to try it on again.  Fortunately The Ambassador was on to his tricks.

And we don't have any proof that The Smiths had agreed to go.  Mrs. Smith wasn't having it.  We do know that.

Offline Anna

« Reply #2982 on: August 19, 2015, 12:34:15 PM »
Hypothetically position a bar of gold on a shelf, under a pile of 40 clothing items, and list the items it is in contact with.

I got it! 

There is also one common denominator, which hasn't been considered........ If it was an alert to the scent of a cadaver scent.

It would have touched clothing, which in turn would touch the wardrobe and most likely the plant on the balcony. it contained some of the chemical elements that make up of cadaverine .......

What do you think it could be?

Until I finish my calculations, I will leave you to ponder the possibilities.

“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Carana

« Reply #2983 on: August 19, 2015, 12:58:24 PM »
I got it! 

There is also one common denominator, which hasn't been considered........ If it was an alert to the scent of a cadaver scent.

It would have touched clothing, which in turn would touch the wardrobe and most likely the plant on the balcony. it contained some of the chemical elements that make up of cadaverine .......

What do you think it could be?

Until I finish my calculations, I will leave you to ponder the possibilities.

Question: Was Eddie trained not to alert to wee-wee or to other accidents on laundry when in work mode or not? Had his clothing test been used before or not?

As Grime was never asked, no reply was given.

If Eddie was trained to ignore such accidents, ok, but then the next question is why Eddie alerted to two items of clothing: the blue shorts and the red airplaine T-shirt.

No explanation has been given as to why Eddie appears to have reacted to the blue shorts, yet the shorts weren't on the list establsihed or noted by the PJ. The red T-shirt does appear on the list, with no explanation as to the distinction.

Why didn't Grime keep a note of which clothing items corresponded to a correct alert? Or if he had, what did he do with it? If ever there had been a court case, he could have been asked to testify (if such evidence were allowed).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 01:02:09 PM by Carana »

Offline Anna

« Reply #2984 on: August 19, 2015, 01:00:51 PM »
I was checking Kate's account of doggy film show.

There's one scene that I don't recall offhand without wading through it all again.

In footage of the apartment next door to ours, one of the dogs begn to root in the corner of a room near a piece of furniture. PC Grime summoned the dog and they left the flat.

Another interesting snippet, prior to the "film show":

Now Ricardo was giving me his spiel about the dogs. 'These dogs have a 100 per cent success rate,' he said, waving an A4 document in front of me. 'Two hundred cases and they've never failed (...)'

Amaral said something similar in one of his interviews (which I posted recently), except that in his version, the dogs alerts had resulted in 200 convictions...

Despite Grime's unfortunate lack of clarity in originally stating "cases", he was clearly stating that Eddie had not reacted to meat-based foodstuffs.

I believe it may be here, along with the kebab or meat on a bone, Carana. about 39.20

“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato