Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841602 times)

Offline misty

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #3045 on: August 19, 2015, 07:57:24 PM »
Pegasus appeared to have identified that Sean's distinctive red aeroplane T-shirt & Kate's check trousers, which were marked by Eddie, were also both visible  in the pile of dirty laundry in the wardrobe which Eddie also allegedly marked.
What were the odds that those 2 items, 3 months later, would be randomly put in the same box at the rented villa by the PJ - and also laid out on the gym floor in such close proximity to each other for the cadaver dogs to inspect?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3046 on: August 19, 2015, 07:59:45 PM »
After a week of intense work, Harrison presents the results of his study to my coordinating group. Even if we were expecting it, his conclusions confirm our worst fears. The most plausible scenario is the following: there is no doubt that Madeleine is dead, and her body is hidden somewhere in the area around Praia da Luz. He praises the quality of the work carried out by the Portuguese authorities in trying to find the little girl alive. According to him, the time has come to redirect the searches in order to find, this time, a body hidden in the surrounding area.

Goncalo Amaral, Truth of the Lie, the chapter The Arrival of the Experts

Against stiff competition, that, by my reckoning, is the most libellous passage in Amaral's book.
But how can that statement be libellous? It does not accuse any individual of doing anything.
Could not a third party be responsible for that scenario, and each of the parents completely innocent?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3047 on: August 19, 2015, 07:59:45 PM »
No police anywhere in the world could have or would have ignored those alerts. Fact, davel.

the whole point is amaral misrepresented the alerts...

stephen25000

« Reply #3048 on: August 19, 2015, 07:59:48 PM »
After a week of intense work, Harrison presents the results of his study to my coordinating group. Even if we were expecting it, his conclusions confirm our worst fears. The most plausible scenario is the following: there is no doubt that Madeleine is dead, and her body is hidden somewhere in the area around Praia da Luz. He praises the quality of the work carried out by the Portuguese authorities in trying to find the little girl alive. According to him, the time has come to redirect the searches in order to find, this time, a body hidden in the surrounding area.

Goncalo Amaral, Truth of the Lie, the chapter The Arrival of the Experts

Against stiff competition, that, by my reckoning, is the most libellous passage in Amaral's book.

Note the words 'the most plausible'.

Meanwhile ferryman, nae evidence of anything else.

stephen25000

« Reply #3049 on: August 19, 2015, 08:00:37 PM »

Where has accidental death been disproved ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3050 on: August 19, 2015, 08:01:03 PM »
Note the words 'the most plausible'.

Meanwhile ferryman, nae evidence of anything else.

note the words.....there is no doubt that Madeleine is dead..absolute lies

Lyall

« Reply #3051 on: August 19, 2015, 08:05:34 PM »

I think you're missing the point actually. There wasn't just one alert, there were many. But there were no alerts in the other places the dogs searched.

Do you really think any police in the world wouldn't take that very seriously?

ferryman

« Reply #3052 on: August 19, 2015, 08:08:51 PM »
But how can that statement be libellous? It does not accuse any individual of doing anything.
Could not a third party be responsible for that scenario, and each of the parents completely innocent?

Like this:

The figures quoted in the report he hands over give us the shivers. The crimes, including those of a sexual nature, are committed by the parents in 84% of cases; 96% are perpetrated by friends and relatives. In only 4% of them is the murderer or abductor a total stranger to the victim. In this roundabout way, Mark Harrison points out that the guilty party may be a person close to Madeleine, and even her own parents. From now on, we have to explore this track, especially as the others have proved fruitless.

Amaral was/is clearly not familiar with the prosecutors' fallacy!

But I bet Harrison is ....

stephen25000

« Reply #3053 on: August 19, 2015, 08:09:00 PM »
note the words.....there is no doubt that Madeleine is dead..absolute lies

So is she with a paedophile(s) or a family totally unaware of who she is ?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3054 on: August 19, 2015, 08:14:58 PM »
The shelf was alerted, there was certainly a pile of clothes on it that night, so why weren't a few of those clothes alerted at the gym?

Offline mercury

« Reply #3055 on: August 19, 2015, 08:15:18 PM »
Pegasus appeared to have identified that Sean's distinctive red aeroplane T-shirt & Kate's check trousers, which were marked by Eddie, were also both visible  in the pile of dirty laundry in the wardrobe which Eddie also allegedly marked.
What were the odds that those 2 items, 3 months later, would be randomly put in the same box at the rented villa by the PJ - and also laid out on the gym floor in such close proximity to each other for the cadaver dogs to inspect?

Appeared being the operative word. I for one do not accept it is a fact that the red t shirt was in that pile where it was said it was.For that reason it is speculating on one person's speculation to ask more.
And why do some people talk about "dirty laundry"? It was a messy pile of clothes. That is all that is known.

PS Welcome back.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3056 on: August 19, 2015, 08:27:35 PM »
Like this:

The figures quoted in the report he hands over give us the shivers. The crimes, including those of a sexual nature, are committed by the parents in 84% of cases; 96% are perpetrated by friends and relatives. In only 4% of them is the murderer or abductor a total stranger to the victim. In this roundabout way, Mark Harrison points out that the guilty party may be a person close to Madeleine, and even her own parents. From now on, we have to explore this track, especially as the others have proved fruitless.

Amaral was/is clearly not familiar with the prosecutors' fallacy!

But I bet Harrison is ....
Considering the possibility of death is not libellous.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3057 on: August 19, 2015, 08:32:59 PM »
Just to clarify, I withdrew my measurements of the check pattern, because of having overlooked the watermark in the photo, (however IMO it's still very likely they are in that pile).

ferryman

« Reply #3058 on: August 19, 2015, 08:33:59 PM »
Considering the possibility of death is not libellous.

Misquoting a third party as saying that Madeleine is definitely dead, that her concealed remains are somewhere in close proximity and that someone close (such as her parents!) might be responsible certainly is.

What I quoted first can only be viewed in that context.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 08:41:04 PM by ferryman »

Offline misty

« Reply #3059 on: August 19, 2015, 08:34:24 PM »
The shelf was alerted, there was certainly a pile of clothes on it that night, so why weren't a few of those clothes alerted at the gym?

There is a black item at the bottom of the pile in the wardrobe, immediately underneath Sean's red T-shirt. I believe that black item is a top belonging to Kate, which can be seen displayed on the VRD video in the same inspection batch as the 2 rucksacks and being tossed around by Keela.
What is clear (if you believe the testimony of DP) is that the red T-shirt was not being worn by any of the children at the time of his brief visit after 6.30pm, as they were all in their pyjamas, alive & ready for bed. We do not know what Kate was wearing between 6.30 & 8.30, after which time she went out in jeans.
As you rightly pointed out previously, there was insufficient post-mortem time for cadaverine to have developed & been deposited on any of the marked clothing before the parents left the apartment, had anything happened to Madeleine in the interim.
So, if the clothing wasn't contaminated at that stage, what was Eddie really alerting to?