Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841657 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #3135 on: August 20, 2015, 07:01:58 PM »
Thanks Shining and Carana.

I have seen it said (in writing) that the English translation of Amaral's book is quite poor in places.

Perhaps that's an example.

But that, also, is an object-lesson in why we should be guarded about translation of the files?

I agree we should be suspect about translations..... This case is riddled with poor examples

Online Eleanor

« Reply #3136 on: August 20, 2015, 07:18:50 PM »

Personally, I find it all understandable.  This was bound to happen.  It's the people who insist that it didn't who are the worry.
And these translation discrepancies have been used in some insane attempt to to implicate The McCanns.

This would never have happened in Court.  Which is one of the reasons for why it was never going to come to Court.
Amaral played on this.  And don't tell me that he had no access to English.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3137 on: August 21, 2015, 01:41:58 AM »
Don't keep it to yourself, Pegasus, your train of thought is usually of interest and often provokes good discussion.  Please tell us what you are thinking re the timeline.

I think there may also be a total irrelevance as to what was where in the apartment at the time when the  crime scene photographs were taken with regard to the dog's supposed alerts in relation to Madeleine McCann.

In my opinion they are rendered meaningless in that context for the simple reason the crime scene did not remain undisturbed in the intervening period between the taking of the photographs and the introduction of the cadaver dog.

The crime scene apartment had been in occupation on at least four occasions within that time span by four different families.

We have no idea what contaminants may have been introduced by all or any one of the individuals who were allowed to reside there or what may have been introduced into the apartment after the McCann family's departure from it leading to the dog's confusion.

We have been consistently misinformed that this could only have been cadaver scent emanating from Madeleine; the fact that cross contamination can occur so readily is vastly underplayed.
One only has to think of the smell on one's clothing after spending time in the company of smokers as an example.

Therefore had the dog made the alert in the immediate aftermath of Madeleine's disappearance the alert could have been attributed to the time of her family's occupation of the apartment.

The whole dog episode is rendered meaningless as this patently was not the case.  It served only as a convenient instrument to implicate Madeleine's parents in her disappearance which vies with Ricardo's Delphic  dream interpretation for a place in the police handbook on ... "how not to".
Re what was where, if I was accused of handling something I didn't, this would be of prime importance IMO, not an irrelevance.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 01:45:10 AM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3138 on: August 21, 2015, 01:48:32 AM »
Are you referring to the alleged accident at 9.15pm ish?
If so, then, No there would definitely be insufficient time for cadaver scent to develop and the disposal of the evidence, before 10pm.
The illogical assumption is (IMO)
 "before 10pm"
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 01:52:26 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #3139 on: August 21, 2015, 01:52:23 AM »
Re what was where, if I was accused of handling something I didn't, this would be of prime importance IMO, not an irrelevance.

http://crimebodge.com/fool-a-sniffer-dog/

Offline Anna

« Reply #3140 on: August 21, 2015, 02:03:34 AM »
http://crimebodge.com/fool-a-sniffer-dog/

That is so funny Misty, but a lot of truth in there too.
Nice to have you back on here.  ?{)(**
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Anna

« Reply #3141 on: August 21, 2015, 02:07:07 AM »
The illogical assumption is (IMO)
 "before 10pm"

Are you saying that in your opinion cadaver scent was left after 10pm. Surely I misunderstood that?
― Plato

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3142 on: August 21, 2015, 02:25:26 AM »
Are you saying that in your opinion cadaver scent was left after 10pm. Surely I misunderstood that?
I think Mr Amaral's theory has several huge flaws, however, here is an interesting question -
Where does Mr Amaral (in interviews) think the location was at the moment the alarm was raised at restaurant table?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 02:29:01 AM by pegasus »

Offline Anna

« Reply #3143 on: August 21, 2015, 02:27:54 AM »
I think Mr Amaral's theory has several huge flaws, however, here is an interesting question - where does Mr Amaral (in interviews) think the location was at the moment the alarm was raised at restaurant ?

Behind the settee? And all that was found there was the blood of several people IIRC.
― Plato

Offline misty

« Reply #3144 on: August 21, 2015, 02:40:48 AM »
That is so funny Misty, but a lot of truth in there too.
Nice to have you back on here.  ?{)(**

Nice to be back, Anna, & thank you. Congratulations on your promotion, too.
Yes, there are a lot of truths in the blog, many of which put dents in the credibility of Eddie, Grime & the PJ. 

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3145 on: August 21, 2015, 02:45:29 AM »
Behind the settee? And all that was found there was the blood of several people IIRC.
List the people who looked behind?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 02:48:23 AM by pegasus »

Offline Anna

« Reply #3146 on: August 21, 2015, 02:52:41 AM »

I didn't know that anybody did. However the forensic team would have and possibly the GNR.
― Plato

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3147 on: August 21, 2015, 07:36:48 AM »

if you are suggesting Maddie died due to a fall from the sofa then that is plainly ridiculous as I have explained

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3148 on: August 21, 2015, 09:07:03 AM »
Nice to be back, Anna, & thank you. Congratulations on your promotion, too.
Yes, there are a lot of truths in the blog, many of which put dents in the credibility of Eddie, Grime & the PJ.

Professional police dogs are trained daily all of their lives to help nail perps.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 06:15:41 PM by John »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

ferryman

« Reply #3149 on: August 21, 2015, 09:21:03 AM »
Professional police dogs are trained daily all of their lives to help nail perps.

They are trained to detect scents.

Sometimes the scents they detect help to solve crimes.

Sometimes they don't.

There are countless recorded examples of the latter category.

There are also countless recorded examples of bad dog-handling practise that lead investigations on wild-goose chases.

Praia da Luz was one; Haut de la Garenne (Jersey) another.

Then there was the case Alfred linked to.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 06:15:59 PM by John »