Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841591 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #3150 on: August 21, 2015, 09:22:52 AM »
Professional police dogs are trained daily all of their lives to help nail perps.

The dogs find evidence that is used to nail the perps
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 06:16:17 PM by John »

stephen25000

« Reply #3151 on: August 21, 2015, 09:27:19 AM »
if you are suggesting Maddie died due to a fall from the sofa then that is plainly ridiculous as I have explained

&%&£(+ &%&£(+ &%&£(+

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3152 on: August 21, 2015, 09:46:28 AM »
Most of the cases which are quoted as 'false alerts' are not proved to be false. They are unknown. The Sharon Matthews case is quoted but it wasn't a false alert the dogs detected the scent of death, just the wrong death. Amaral and his team already suspected the McCanns of something, the dog alerts seemed to confirm their suspicions. They had found nothing to support the abduction theory promoted by the McCanns. They had found nothing to support woke and wandered despite intensive searching.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 06:24:48 PM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

« Reply #3153 on: August 21, 2015, 10:05:36 AM »
Most of the cases which are quoted as 'false alerts' are not proved to be false. They are unknown. The Sharon Matthews case is quoted but it wasn't a false alert the dogs detected the scent of death, just the wrong death. Amaral and his team already suspected the McCanns of something, the dog alerts seemed to confirm their suspicions. They had found nothing to support the abduction theory promoted by the McCanns. They had found nothing to support woke and wandered despite intensive searching.

As I, you and many others know, there is nothing even vaguely useful to support abduction, hence the continued frenzy in attacking Grime.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 06:25:16 PM by John »

Offline Lace

« Reply #3154 on: August 21, 2015, 10:31:17 AM »
If Eddie had been outside somewhere looking for cadaver scent of Madeleine,   Grime wouldn't have been able to call him back numerous times as he wouldn't have known what Madeleine had been in contact with.   The fact that Eddie was in 5a a place that Madeleine had been living all week Grime could call Eddie back again and again,  if he hadn't Eddie would have ran out of the bedroom without alerting.

In the other apartments Eddie just ran in and out of the rooms,  Grime didn't call him back constantly to the same room.

If there had been cadaver scent in the bedroom Eddie would have alerted straight away to it.

Eddie alerted straight away to the place where Keela alerted,   a tiny miniscule of what is believed to be blood under one of the tiles,   if that had been from where Madeleine had bled there would have been a lot more blood and Eddie would have alerted to the whole of the area behind the sofa.

So to me,  no,   Eddie did not alert to cadaver scent in 5a.

Offline Lace

« Reply #3155 on: August 21, 2015, 10:34:28 AM »
In fact I would go as far as to say,  either Eddie was tired and wanted to end the exercise and barked in order to do so,   or he smelt an odour emitted from the garden that someone had walked in or from something that had been on the floor eg dirty washing which could have been from any one of the families who had stayed in 5a after the McCann's.

stephen25000

« Reply #3156 on: August 21, 2015, 10:35:18 AM »
If Eddie had been outside somewhere looking for cadaver scent of Madeleine,   Grime wouldn't have been able to call him back numerous times as he wouldn't have known what Madeleine had been in contact with.   The fact that Eddie was in 5a a place that Madeleine had been living all week Grime could call Eddie back again and again,  if he hadn't Eddie would have ran out of the bedroom without alerting.

In the other apartments Eddie just ran in and out of the rooms,  Grime didn't call him back constantly to the same room.

If there had been cadaver scent in the bedroom Eddie would have alerted straight away to it.

Eddie alerted straight away to the place where Keela alerted,   a tiny miniscule of what is believed to be blood under one of the tiles,   if that had been from where Madeleine had bled there would have been a lot more blood and Eddie would have alerted to the whole of the area behind the sofa.

So to me,  no,   Eddie did not alert to cadaver scent in 5a.

On what scientific basis do you make these judgement Lace ?

stephen25000

« Reply #3157 on: August 21, 2015, 10:36:19 AM »
In fact I would go as far as to say,  either Eddie was tired and wanted to end the exercise and barked in order to do so,   or he smelt an odour emitted from the garden that someone had walked in or from something that had been on the floor eg dirty washing which could have been from any one of the families who had stayed in 5a after the McCann's.

Have you ever trained dogs for this purpose, or witnessed them in action ?

Offline Lace

« Reply #3158 on: August 21, 2015, 10:53:20 AM »
On what scientific basis do you make these judgement Lace ?

No scientific basis Stephen,   if outside how would Grime know to call Eddie back?   Hey Eddie have another sniff under that tree you just passed or maybe another by that patch of grass.   If Grime hadn't called Eddie back numerous times to that bedroom he would have just ran out from there.   If Grime hadn't known 5a belonged to the McCann's would he have called Eddie back?

Offline Benice

« Reply #3159 on: August 21, 2015, 10:56:36 AM »
I would really like to know why Martin Grime found it essential to be covered from head to toe in protective clothing at the carpark - but not anywhere else?  What was the relevance of that?  Any suggestions Stephen?

(I have to go out now - but will be back later)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 06:29:28 PM by John »
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Lace

« Reply #3160 on: August 21, 2015, 10:57:05 AM »
Have you ever trained dogs for this purpose, or witnessed them in action ?

Have you?

I have read enough to know that dogs can alert to the smell of something that had once been there such as a bloody rag or similar,  Eddie alerted to blood,  he would detect the scent even if there wasn't any blood there, cadaver dogs have also been known to alert to decaying vegetation,  Eddie alerted to the garden,  could be the scent of the garden was brought in on someone's shoes.

If Madeleine had lain in that bedroom long enough for the scent of cadaver to be present then Eddie would have alerted straight away to it.

stephen25000

« Reply #3161 on: August 21, 2015, 10:59:05 AM »
No scientific basis Stephen,   if outside how would Grime know to call Eddie back?   Hey Eddie have another sniff under that tree you just passed or maybe another by that patch of grass.   If Grime hadn't called Eddie back numerous times to that bedroom he would have just ran out from there.   If Grime hadn't known 5a belonged to the McCann's would he have called Eddie back?

These are all hypothetical questions.

What if this, what if that...............................

Unfortunately Martin Grime has chosen not to answer questions on these matters. However, bearing in mind the personal attacks he has received from certain 'parties' I could mention, it is hardly surprising.

perhaps if this case i ever solved, he night answer them, if it is solved of course.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 11:01:10 AM by stephen25000 »

stephen25000

« Reply #3162 on: August 21, 2015, 11:00:28 AM »

Have you?

I have read enough to know that dogs can alert to the smell of something that had once been there such as a bloody rag or similar,  Eddie alerted to blood,  he would detect the scent even if there wasn't any blood there, cadaver dogs have also been known to alert to decaying vegetation,  Eddie alerted to the garden,  could be the scent of the garden was brought in on someone's shoes.

If Madeleine had lain in that bedroom long enough for the scent of cadaver to be present then Eddie would have alerted straight away to it.

Yes, I have watched dogs in action once, several years ago.

Offline Carana

« Reply #3163 on: August 21, 2015, 11:16:07 AM »
From PF's post citing a passage from Amaral's book:

Great Britain has at its disposal the world's biggest data bank on homicide of children under five years old. Since 1960, the count is 1528. Harrison is well acquainted with its contents. He often draws information from there which helps him to resolve similar cases. Valuable information can be found there on on various criminal modus operandi, places where bodies are hidden, techniques used to get rid of a body. He relates that on one occasion, thanks to the data, he was able to deduce the maximum distance a body might be found in relation to where the crime had been committed.

Ok... The paragraph above clearly refers to homicides of children under 5 years of age.

But then the following paragraph isn't very clear. Is Amaral still referring to homicides alone? Does this include sexual abuse without death? He also refers to "abductor"... Death related to abduction / or falsely claimed abduction? Or does it include parental abduction with or without death?

Clear as mud to me.

The figures quoted in the report he hands over give us the shivers. The crimes, including those of a sexual nature, are committed by the parents in 84% of cases; 96% are perpetrated by friends and relatives. In only 4% of them is the murderer or abductor a total stranger to the victim. In this roundabout way, Mark Harrison points out that the guilty party may be a person close to Madeleine, and even her own parents. From now on, we have to explore this track, especially as the others have proved fruitless.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6311.msg264717#msg264717

ferryman

« Reply #3164 on: August 21, 2015, 11:24:36 AM »
From PF's post citing a passage from Amaral's book:

Great Britain has at its disposal the world's biggest data bank on homicide of children under five years old. Since 1960, the count is 1528. Harrison is well acquainted with its contents. He often draws information from there which helps him to resolve similar cases. Valuable information can be found there on on various criminal modus operandi, places where bodies are hidden, techniques used to get rid of a body. He relates that on one occasion, thanks to the data, he was able to deduce the maximum distance a body might be found in relation to where the crime had been committed.

Ok... The paragraph above clearly refers to homicides of children under 5 years of age.

But then the following paragraph isn't very clear. Is Amaral still referring to homicides alone? Does this include sexual abuse without death? He also refers to "abductor"... Death related to abduction / or falsely claimed abduction? Or does it include parental abduction with or without death?

Clear as mud to me.

The figures quoted in the report he hands over give us the shivers. The crimes, including those of a sexual nature, are committed by the parents in 84% of cases; 96% are perpetrated by friends and relatives. In only 4% of them is the murderer or abductor a total stranger to the victim. In this roundabout way, Mark Harrison points out that the guilty party may be a person close to Madeleine, and even her own parents. From now on, we have to explore this track, especially as the others have proved fruitless.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6311.msg264717#msg264717

From his reports, this is the only reference (I am aware of) by Harrison to statistical data-base ....

I am currently of the opinion on the available information and statistical datasets that if death has occurred, that it is possible that Madeleine McCann’s body has been disposed into the sea at Praia da Luz. (See my second report entitled “NPIA OP TASK Search Doc Beach and Marine”).

Are there any others?