Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841657 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #3465 on: August 23, 2015, 01:16:37 PM »
It is the compound present in the samples they were trained on.

There are several analytical techniques available for those compounds to be identified, qualitatively and quantitatively.
The research could also help with the training of ‘human remains detection canines’. ‘We know very little about what compounds or combinations of compounds are recognised by sniffer dogs,’ says  Williams.

http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/2014/06/smell-death-cadaver-body-decay

ferryman

« Reply #3466 on: August 23, 2015, 01:34:20 PM »
You can read all about it here, including search warrants requested, granted and the reasons;

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DOGS_INSPECTION.htm

So it was Carlos who requested permission to search the villa, based on Harrison's report, but not his recommendation.

And still no mention of the inspection in the gym.

Why is that?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3467 on: August 23, 2015, 01:51:16 PM »
I said it appeared facetious to me and to others because it was so obvious to us that it was absurd.
What, specifically, do you find absurd?  The fact that dogs may falsely alert for a variety of reasons?  Why do you find that absurd when there is ample evidence to suggest that dogs DO give false positives?

stephen25000

« Reply #3468 on: August 23, 2015, 01:54:09 PM »
The research could also help with the training of ‘human remains detection canines’. ‘We know very little about what compounds or combinations of compounds are recognised by sniffer dogs,’ says  Williams.

http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/2014/06/smell-death-cadaver-body-decay

From the same article.

' ‘Several groups are working on e-noses at the moment,’ Focant says, ‘but we are not sure if this technology will ever make sniffer dogs obsolete.’

Bar haemoglobin and certain other proteins present in transgenic pigs used to produce 'human' haemoglobin, there be differences in the amino acid sequences resulting from protein hydrolysis after death,as well as the residues from the decomposition of other organic compounds from a body.

Now I believe it has been established that blood samples that have been obtained were from human sources, so any reference to the pigs or 'fertilizer' is essentially a red herring, unless proven otherwise.

Offline Lace

« Reply #3469 on: August 23, 2015, 02:50:46 PM »
From the same article.

' ‘Several groups are working on e-noses at the moment,’ Focant says, ‘but we are not sure if this technology will ever make sniffer dogs obsolete.’

Bar haemoglobin and certain other proteins present in transgenic pigs used to produce 'human' haemoglobin, there be differences in the amino acid sequences resulting from protein hydrolysis after death,as well as the residues from the decomposition of other organic compounds from a body.

Now I believe it has been established that blood samples that have been obtained were from human sources, so any reference to the pigs or 'fertilizer' is essentially a red herring, unless proven otherwise.

I don't think you understand my reference to fertiliser Stephen,   if the blood in the Fertiliser is pig then Eddie would alert to it,  so not a red herring as Eddie was trained using Pig meat at first.

stephen25000

« Reply #3470 on: August 23, 2015, 03:03:08 PM »
I don't think you understand my reference to fertiliser Stephen,   if the blood in the Fertiliser is pig then Eddie would alert to it,  so not a red herring as Eddie was trained using Pig meat at first.

It's you who doesn't understand.

There would be clear biochemical differences between the pig and human, bar transgenic species.

Now did the forensic samples indicate the presence of any pig D.N.A. from those collected where the dogs alerted ?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3471 on: August 23, 2015, 03:20:00 PM »

There would be clear biochemical differences between the pig and human, bar transgenic species.

Now did the forensic samples indicate the presence of any pig D.N.A. from those collected where the dogs alerted ?
What forensics were done to the flowerbed?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3472 on: August 23, 2015, 03:36:58 PM »

nothing of any significance was found

stephen25000

« Reply #3473 on: August 23, 2015, 03:48:52 PM »
What forensics were done to the flowerbed?

The only pertinent question is, where there any non human 'traces' in the samples analysed.

If there wasn't all reference to pigs is pure hogwash.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3474 on: August 23, 2015, 04:09:59 PM »
The only pertinent question is, where there any non human 'traces' in the samples analysed.

What samples were taken from the flowerbed? 

Online Eleanor

« Reply #3475 on: August 23, 2015, 04:10:34 PM »

Were there any non human traces in The Death Scent?

stephen25000

« Reply #3476 on: August 23, 2015, 04:15:41 PM »
Were there any non human traces in The Death Scent?

That is precisely what I am asking.

If they're wasn't then all this about the pigs is irrelevant.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #3477 on: August 23, 2015, 04:25:46 PM »
That is precisely what I am asking.

If they're wasn't then all this about the pigs is irrelevant.

If you think it is possible to detect no human traces in a Death Scent then you are a better man than I am, Gunger Din

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3478 on: August 23, 2015, 04:26:22 PM »
The dog alerted to the flowerbed.  What forensics were done on the flowerbed?

stephen25000

« Reply #3479 on: August 23, 2015, 04:28:03 PM »
If you think it is possible to detect no human traces in a Death Scent then you are a better man than I am, Gunger Din

???