Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841560 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #3525 on: August 23, 2015, 06:13:36 PM »
That's not in 'S' levels dave.

Moles and Avogadro's Constant are taught in G.C.S.E. these days, and 'O' Levels when I learned it.

I was being a little sarcastic...I only took A level chemistry...it was normal to take only 2 s levels and I took physics and further maths.

Still I don't see many molecules remaining outside after 3 months...with wind and rain..if any..

ferryman

« Reply #3526 on: August 23, 2015, 06:22:17 PM »
Is that the white curtain - the same curtain which Keela did not alert to on the first visit?

Yes!

I'd forgotten about that.

Again, I would need to check the details but I do have a distinct recollection (from way back) of discussion about an alert by Keela second time of asking that was not forthcoming first time.

Can't remember, now, why there was a re-checking ....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3527 on: August 23, 2015, 06:23:28 PM »
Can you provide the link to that please ?

You know very well that none of the blood found in 5A was proven to be Madeleines.

stephen25000

« Reply #3528 on: August 23, 2015, 06:23:52 PM »
I was being a little sarcastic...I only took A level chemistry...it was normal to take only 2 s levels and I took physics and further maths.

Still I don't see many molecules remaining outside after 3 months...with wind and rain..if any..

Of course dave.

There are many variables involved, other than wind and rain.

b.pt / adsorbance onto surfaces, which would differ according to the compound(s) being adsorbed and the material(s) onto which they were adsorbed. let's not forget wither that would be affected by intermolecular forces and interactions occurring between the compounds involved. However, I'm sure you know that already.

stephen25000

« Reply #3529 on: August 23, 2015, 06:25:03 PM »
In training the dog has accurately alerted to a 1 cm cube of pork soaked in

petrol for 1 week and then burnt until only a residue remains.

(Martin Grime)

and the dogs alerted.

Yet the forensic results have shown no pig residues.

stephen25000

« Reply #3530 on: August 23, 2015, 06:27:36 PM »
You know very well that none of the blood found in 5A was proven to be Madeleines.

Can you provide the link ?

Bearing in mind the forensic results were inconclusive and the genetic markers present, were insufficient In Portuguese Law to show some of the samples came from Madeleine.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3531 on: August 23, 2015, 06:28:33 PM »
Of course dave.

There are many variables involved, other than wind and rain.

b.pt / adsorbance onto surfaces, which would differ according to the compound(s) being adsorbed and the material(s) onto which they were adsorbed. let's not forget wither that would be affected by intermolecular forces and interactions occurring between the compounds involved. However, I'm sure you know that already.

I know enough to realise that all of that is of little significance compared to wind a rain...the gas molecules would quickly dissipate....would you not agree

stephen25000

« Reply #3532 on: August 23, 2015, 06:33:58 PM »
I know enough to realise that all of that is of little significance compared to wind a rain...the gas molecules would quickly dissipate....would you not agree

Gas molecules dave ?

it would be vapours at best from liquids.

How many diammines have low boiling points ?

e.g. cadaverine has a b.pt. of approx. 180 Celsius.

and diammines are just one section of the possible compounds present.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 06:39:45 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3533 on: August 23, 2015, 06:41:19 PM »
Gas molecules dave ?

it would be vapours at best from liquids.

How many diammines have low boiling points ?

and diammines are just one section of the possible compounds present.

First I think you missed out intramolecular forces in you previous post...re the breakdown of large molecules by rain

yes gas molecules..isn't that what is reaching eddies nose....water has a boiling point of 100deg c yet water evaporates into a gas

Smell depends on sensory receptors that respond to airborne chemicals...if the chemical are airborne they would dissipate in wind and rain
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 06:44:19 PM by davel »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3534 on: August 23, 2015, 06:42:42 PM »
Can you provide the link ?

Bearing in mind the forensic results were inconclusive and the genetic markers present, were insufficient In Portuguese Law to show some of the samples came from Madeleine.

Stop trying to derail the discussion, Stephen.  I am not hunting for cites that are already on this Forum.  You look for it.

stephen25000

« Reply #3535 on: August 23, 2015, 06:45:56 PM »
First I think you missed out intramolecular forces in you previous post...

yes gas molecules..isn't that what is reaching eddies nose....water has a boiling point of 100deg c yet water evaporates into a gas

That's not really relevant dave, as regards intramolecular forces. You've been googling again. Internal molecular forces, be they H-Bonding, Dipole-Dipole or Van der Waal's are irrelevant here.

Under 'normal' conditions dave water evaporates into a vapour.

stephen25000

« Reply #3536 on: August 23, 2015, 06:46:57 PM »
Stop trying to derail the discussion, Stephen.  I am not hunting for cites that are already on this Forum.  You look for it.

I'm not derailing.

The forensic results were inconclusive.

FACT.

stephen25000

« Reply #3537 on: August 23, 2015, 06:48:54 PM »
First I think you missed out intramolecular forces in you previous post...re the breakdown of large molecules by rain

Smell depends on sensory receptors that respond to airborne chemicals...if the chemical are airborne they would dissipate in wind and rain

If, if, if.........

Not as simple as that dave.

Do you have records of the weather for that period, soil conditions, including pH ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3538 on: August 23, 2015, 06:50:29 PM »
That's not really relevant dave, as regards intramolecular forces. You've been googling again. Internal molecular forces, be they H-Bonding, Dipole-Dipole or Van der Waal's are irrelevant here.

Under 'normal' conditions dave water evaporates into a vapour.

that's right...water vapour...water in the form of a gas resulting from heating water or ice

anything in the air will dissipate in wind and rain...surely you understand taht

stephen25000

« Reply #3539 on: August 23, 2015, 06:53:05 PM »
that's right...water vapour...water in the form of a gas resulting from heating water or ice

anything in the air will dissipate in wind and rain...surely you understand taht

Double dutch dave.

A vapour  represents molecules which have sufficient Kinetic Energy to escape from the surface of a liquid, which hasn't reached it's b.pt.

and of course dave, the vapours of the compounds come form different sources after being laid down and adsorbed.