Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841552 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #3645 on: August 24, 2015, 11:05:40 AM »
Quote for the week from Old Guys Rule.
"The older I get the better I was"
 *&*%£
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3646 on: August 24, 2015, 11:13:40 AM »
I thought you knew?
Check out Matt Zarella's work looking for MIA's in Nam.

that isn't residual scent......
I do have a good idea.........outside in wind a nd rain I can't see residual scent lasting 3 months

Offline sadie

« Reply #3647 on: August 24, 2015, 11:17:01 AM »
I really can't understand how Grime can  say Eddie will not alert to pork other than from decaying pigs,  when he says himself that they cannot be trained to distinguish between human and pig remains,   and also admits that Eddie will alert to blood even showing a video of himself hiding a sample of blood [from himself] for Eddie to find.

Blood is in Pork fresh or decaying,   Eddie would not be able to distinguish between the blood in pork and the blood in humans fresh or decaying.

Good point  8((()*/

If thgey are so alike that he cannot distinguish between human and pig remains, Eddie would be likely to alert to fresh blood of pigs as he does to human fresh blood,

stephen25000

« Reply #3648 on: August 24, 2015, 11:23:36 AM »
Good point  8((()*/

If thgey are so alike that he cannot distinguish between human and pig remains, Eddie would be likely to alert to fresh blood of pigs as he does to human fresh blood,

Let's try you sadie.

What pig remains cooked or residues were found in the samples collected ?

Offline Lace

« Reply #3649 on: August 24, 2015, 11:35:39 AM »
Isn`t pig-residue of some sort the trending idea, as I posted, then?

Any evidence to back the pig-based fertiliser ?

I haven't a clue if the pig residue a trending idea Carew,   though it is something I have always wondered about.

Unfortunately there is no evidence to back the pig based fertiliser as no soil was taken to be analysed.    I cannot imagine what else Eddie alerted to tin the garden though,   I find the idea that Madeleine had been hidden there a bit too far fetched.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #3650 on: August 24, 2015, 11:45:58 AM »
Let's try you sadie.

What pig remains cooked or residues were found in the samples collected ?

Given that many of the samples actually collected required the use of LCN analysis to get any result at all, and according to the forensic reports the underlying material could not be identified, who knows what it was. 

But please not let small details interfere with your diatribe.

stephen25000

« Reply #3651 on: August 24, 2015, 11:51:46 AM »
Given that many of the samples actually collected required the use of LCN analysis to get any result at all, and according to the forensic reports the underlying material could not be identified, who knows what it was. 

Small details JP.

It has become quite sad how mccann supporters have become deperately fixated with pigs.

ferryman

« Reply #3652 on: August 24, 2015, 11:54:07 AM »
Small details JP.

It has become quite sad how mccann supporters have become deperately fixated with pigs.

Fixated with pigs.

Very obviously the alert had nothing to do with Madeleine, and we're merely trying to wriggle Eddie off the hook of the charge that he made (yet another!) false alert ....

Offline Anna

« Reply #3653 on: August 24, 2015, 11:59:56 AM »

good someone posting on topic...so how long does residual scent last...1 month...2 months ...3 months

The examples below are referring to an undisturbed, unoccupied and not regularly cleaned, closed building.

In normal circumstances I would be very surprised if scent lasted more than a couple of months(inside or out), but I could be wrong.

Excerpt.
         What we have found so far is; residual scent will last 1 year in a building with minimum environmental influence, or human disturbance. Even after the objects where the scent source had been were removed, the dogs were able to locate the rooms, general area, or pinpoint where it had been.

Excerpt.
Since the original set up date on November 9, 1996, we have returned to the building 4 times: January 8, 1997, April 2, 1997, July 23, 1997 and December 7, 1997. On our visit in April we found that they had removed most of the original furniture and some boxes of trash, so the building had little left in it. Two of the objects (the ironing board and a box of trash), that had held scent sources were now missing.
Excerpt.
Room #18 - area where trash can had been - dogs all indicated
area and showed pile of curtains now on floor but had been
hanging above trash can originally. Curtains are porous and
holding scent.

Excerpt.
Our next step in studying residual scent is to set up problems in different environments. We want to compare our results with problems set up in open areas, areas with sun and shade and no building to protect the scent.

http://www.csst.org/residual_scent.html

“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3654 on: August 24, 2015, 12:03:06 PM »
The examples below are referring to an undisturbed, unoccupied and not regularly cleaned, closed building.

In normal circumstances I would be very surprised if scent lasted more than a couple of months(inside or out), but I could be wrong.

Excerpt.
         What we have found so far is; residual scent will last 1 year in a building with minimum environmental influence, or human disturbance. Even after the objects where the scent source had been were removed, the dogs were able to locate the rooms, general area, or pinpoint where it had been.

Excerpt.
Since the original set up date on November 9, 1996, we have returned to the building 4 times: January 8, 1997, April 2, 1997, July 23, 1997 and December 7, 1997. On our visit in April we found that they had removed most of the original furniture and some boxes of trash, so the building had little left in it. Two of the objects (the ironing board and a box of trash), that had held scent sources were now missing.
Excerpt.
Room #18 - area where trash can had been - dogs all indicated
area and showed pile of curtains now on floor but had been
hanging above trash can originally. Curtains are porous and
holding scent.

Excerpt.
Our next step in studying residual scent is to set up problems in different environments. We want to compare our results with problems set up in open areas, areas with sun and shade and no building to protect the scent.

http://www.csst.org/residual_scent.html

this is why I have always questioned the alert in the flower bed....   if there was some sort of residue present then perhaps...but nothing was found...residual scent will not last that long outside with wind and raion

ferryman

« Reply #3655 on: August 24, 2015, 12:05:42 PM »

It's really very simple.

Eddie could only detect a scent on cuddle-cat after it was hidden in a cupboard, not while he could play with it and pick it up.

Eddie could only (apparently!) find a scent on clothing when it was transferred to a gym, not whilst the same clothing was present in the villa during that inspection.

So the hypothesis that Eddie's (apparent) alert in the flower bed was actually a false alert is not unreasonable.

But we are looking for (possible) triggers of an alert that might be within Eddie's (trained!) repetoire.

Why do you have a problem with that?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 12:21:39 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Carew

« Reply #3656 on: August 24, 2015, 12:06:22 PM »

Was there any indication in the forensic reports to suggest that the "underlying material" could be other than human in origin?

Is it from the forensic reports that the idea of pigs could have originated ?

Offline Anna

« Reply #3657 on: August 24, 2015, 12:13:03 PM »
this is why I have always questioned the alert in the flower bed....   if there was some sort of residue present then perhaps...but nothing was found...residual scent will not last that long outside with wind and raion

Residual scent (cadaver) 3 months on a plant outside?

Well, it surely cant last too long as we would all be contaminated with it.

People who deal with death as an occupation, sit on chairs that we then occupy. They send their clothing to the laundry that mixes with those of their colleagues.

People who have died also have their clothing handled and relatives sometimes prefer to lay them out, after death, personally.

Did you view a relatives body in the funeral parlour and touch their face? Then what did you touch?

If you have ever been in a hospital bed. There is a fair chance that someone has died in it. If they supply you with a gown for theatre, it is likely that someone died in it. However I believe a lot of things are now disposable, but not these awful rubber mattresses or the bed sheets which also cover you when dead.

If all that lasted 12 months everywhere would be contaminated with cadaver scent.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Carew

« Reply #3658 on: August 24, 2015, 12:15:18 PM »

*snip*

"There were no alert indications from the remaining properties. I did however
 see the dog search in the kitchen waste bins. These contained meat
 foodstuffs including pork and did not result in any false alert response. "

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 12:23:19 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Lace

« Reply #3659 on: August 24, 2015, 12:19:58 PM »

*snip*

"There were no alert indications from the remaining properties. I did however
 see the dog search in the kitchen waste bins. These contained meat
 foodstuffs including pork and did not result in any false alert response. "

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm
[/quote]

Stephen keeps quoting the same thing over and over and it has nothing to do with what Sadie and myself are discussing.

Strange you should say that about the waste bin,  as I remember seeing a video where Eddie DID  bark at something inside it.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 12:23:52 PM by Eleanor »