Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841506 times)

Offline Lace

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #3720 on: August 24, 2015, 06:08:40 PM »
Eddie was initially trained on decomposing piglets. He was enhanced by being trained on human decomposing renains. so he was trained on both. He also alerted to human blood. He had years of experience too, which is invaluable whether you are a dog or a human. He knew what he was looking for.

Yes he was,  but he also alerted to the blood from a person who was not dead.

So if Eddie couldn't tell the difference between pig meat and human then it is possible Eddie alerted to the smell of pig blood that could have been in fertiliser.

Grime said they were unable to train the dogs to tell the difference between pig and human remains,  so how could he call Eddie 'Enhanced'.   Sorry he contradicts himself.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3721 on: August 24, 2015, 06:10:06 PM »
One fact stands out above all else in relation to the deployment of the cadaver and csi dogs and that is that they were brought in to find evidence that Madeleine had died in apartment 5a with the hope that her remains might be found.  In this the British and Portuguese police were equally complicit.

My own view is that they were far too late in bringing in these dogs.

I don't think the senior echelons of Leicestershire Police covered themselves in glory when one takes Leveson testimony into consideration.

I agree the dogs should have been deployed right at the beginning, apparently they were on stand by for it.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3722 on: August 24, 2015, 06:12:10 PM »
Can someone explain to me why if the McCann's innocence was all in Amaral's imagination why the continued to bear guides for over ten months after Rebelo took over the investigation ?

Step away from the keyboard

Offline misty

« Reply #3723 on: August 24, 2015, 06:14:04 PM »
Is that the Brand name of a company, Misty?

I thought it was Keela's very own wet suit ... but it isn't hers ... she's advertising ???

Keela International,  Brietta. You can see he company logo beside the name.
It's Eddie wearing the jacket according to the link Pegasus provided for the photo.

Offline Carew

« Reply #3724 on: August 24, 2015, 06:14:52 PM »
No, because the dogs have to be primed by the handler to commence work mode, if not then presumably they would both be alerting all over the place anyway, unless you believe we live in a completely sterile world in which no drop of blood ever gets spilt anywhere.

Yes, because when "work-mode" has commenced, the pig blood contaminants and other alert triggers put forward as possibilities  ........and to which apparently Eddie cannot be "unlearned" and allegedly will alert to......... are still there, aren`t they?

stephen25000

« Reply #3725 on: August 24, 2015, 06:17:05 PM »
IMO - Goncalo either didn't understand or chose not to understand the dog alerts, same as most "sceptics" to this day.  Bringing in dogs should have been a worthwhile exercise but there are many questions about the manner in which they were deployed.  At the end of the day, and as Davel keeps stating, the alerts mean nothing without corroborating evidence and IMO are a complete irrelevance to the current investigation.

Is that rather like the mccann supporters believing in 'pig scent' ?

ferryman

« Reply #3726 on: August 24, 2015, 06:18:48 PM »
One fact stands out above all else in relation to the deployment of the cadaver and csi dogs and that is that they were brought in to find evidence that Madeleine had died in apartment 5a with the hope that her remains might be found.  In this the British and Portuguese police were equally complicit.

My own view is that they were far too late in bringing in these dogs.

Not sure about with the hope.

You don't, ever, hope to find the body of a child, do you?

But certainly, the PJ determined that the enquiry (from the point of the arrival of input from the UK) should be a murder enquiry, and yes, the dogs of Grime were brought in to look for evidence of death, and also to search for a body.

stephen25000

« Reply #3727 on: August 24, 2015, 06:20:39 PM »
Not sure about with the hope.

You don't, ever, hope to find the body of a child, do you?

But certainly, the PJ determined that the enquiry (from the point of the arrival of input from the UK) should be a murder enquiry, and yes, the dogs of Grime were brought in to look for evidence of death, and also to search for a body.

Since they found no evidence of abduction.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3728 on: August 24, 2015, 06:21:44 PM »
When exactly did Eddie become an Enhanced VRD?  I can't see South Yorkshire Police bestowing that title.  Or deploying him as such.

ferryman

« Reply #3729 on: August 24, 2015, 06:24:15 PM »
Stephen: Give it a rest.

And Eleanor: Grime bestowed the "Enhanced" title on Eddie after he returned from his (largely unsuccessful) trip to America in the New Year 2006.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3730 on: August 24, 2015, 06:24:59 PM »
Keela International,  Brietta. You can see he company logo beside the name.
It's Eddie wearing the jacket according to the link Pegasus provided for the photo.

There is a photograph of  Eddie and  Mr Grime where he is wearing a Keela jacket.  There is also a photograph of similarly clad handlers with their dogs in the company brochure.  Some kind of sponsorship arrangement, I think.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3731 on: August 24, 2015, 06:26:46 PM »
Yes, because when "work-mode" has commenced, the pig blood contaminants and other alert triggers put forward as possibilities  ........and to which apparently Eddie cannot be "unlearned" and allegedly will alert to......... are still there, aren`t they?

Wow ... something is germinating somewhere ... keep it up.

Offline Carew

« Reply #3732 on: August 24, 2015, 06:28:09 PM »
                     Wow ... something is germinating somewhere ... keep it up.

I think you have missed the point, possibly in your haste to get in a put-down attempt ....(failed).

My response relates to this post by Alfred R Jones

"No, because the dogs have to be primed by the handler to commence work mode, if not then presumably they would both be alerting all over the place anyway, unless you believe we live in a completely sterile world in which no drop of blood ever gets spilt anywhere."
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 06:35:39 PM by Carew »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3733 on: August 24, 2015, 06:31:37 PM »
Can someone explain to me why if the McCann's innocence was all in Amaral's imagination why the continued to bear guides for over ten months after Rebelo took over the investigation ?
Did you mean to say "why they continued to be arguidos for over ten months after Rebelo took over the investigation..."  Well you could ask the same question about Murat, who ceased to be an arguido at the same time as the McCanns.  Do you think this is evidence that he is somehow complicit?  Also, what of the current arguidos? 

stephen25000

« Reply #3734 on: August 24, 2015, 06:36:33 PM »
Stephen: Give it a rest.

And Eleanor: Grime bestowed the "Enhanced" title on Eddie after he returned from his (largely unsuccessful) trip to America in the New Year 2006.

Take your own advice.

It's more than time you did.