Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841593 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #3735 on: August 24, 2015, 06:39:23 PM »
Yes, because when "work-mode" has commenced, the pig blood contaminants and other alert triggers put forward as possibilities  ........and to which apparently Eddie cannot be "unlearned" and allegedly will alert to......... are still there, aren`t they?
Who knows, it's a mystery isn't it?  We KNOW Eddie alerts to dried human blood (see sex tissue alert and Martin Grime's own acknowledgement of that fact) and yet apparently he didn't alert anywhere else except to the McCanns property and possessions.  Obviously if Eddie did not alert to dried blood there would be no need to send Keela in after him in order to 'explain' some of his alerts.
Do you not find it all even a teensy bit inexplicable?

ferryman

« Reply #3736 on: August 24, 2015, 06:40:02 PM »
Did you mean to say "why they continued to be arguidos for over ten months after Rebelo took over the investigation..."  Well you could ask the same question about Murat, who ceased to be an arguido at the same time as the McCanns.  Do you think this is evidence that he is somehow complicit?  Also, what of the current arguidos?

Thank you Alfred.

At least for me, you have unscrambled Faith's intended meaning, which remained opaque until I read your post ...

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3737 on: August 24, 2015, 06:54:13 PM »
Did you mean to say "why they continued to be arguidos for over ten months after Rebelo took over the investigation..."  Well you could ask the same question about Murat, who ceased to be an arguido at the same time as the McCanns.  Do you think this is evidence that he is somehow complicit?  Also, what of the current arguidos?

Was Murat or anyone connected to him questioned under the letters rogatory ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

ferryman

« Reply #3738 on: August 24, 2015, 07:01:23 PM »
Was Murat or anyone connected to him questioned under the letters rogatory ?

No

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3739 on: August 24, 2015, 07:12:10 PM »
No

Yet the McCann's friends were. I think that says everything about Rebelo's thinking at the time.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline misty

« Reply #3740 on: August 24, 2015, 07:14:02 PM »
Who knows, it's a mystery isn't it?  We KNOW Eddie alerts to dried human blood (see sex tissue alert and Martin Grime's own acknowledgement of that fact) and yet apparently he didn't alert anywhere else except to the McCanns property and possessions.  Obviously if Eddie did not alert to dried blood there would be no need to send Keela in after him in order to 'explain' some of his alerts.
Do you not find it all even a teensy bit inexplicable?

Yet Eddie cannot detect minute traces of blood in the same fashion as Keela, so which comes first - the cadaver or the blood?
Ant one of those other nine vehicles could have contained minute blood traces of a living, findable Madeleine but Keela couldn't check simply because Eddie didn't bark.

Offline Lace

« Reply #3741 on: August 24, 2015, 07:14:37 PM »
Is that rather like the mccann supporters believing in 'pig scent' ?

Pig scent as you call it is what Eddie was trained on to start with.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3742 on: August 24, 2015, 07:16:11 PM »
Yet the McCann's friends were. I think that says everything about Rebelo's thinking at the time.

Murat and associates were in Portugal.  No need for Rogatory Letters.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3743 on: August 24, 2015, 07:18:00 PM »
Are we any nearer to a conclusion on this thread with nearly four thousand posts?

Were the dogs a waste of time and money?

Did Gonçalo Amaral understand the findings?
How long did Amaral get to understand the dogs and their findings?

How long has this forum had?

Is there any agreement after 4,000 posts and now 8.5 years into the case?
What's up, old man?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3744 on: August 24, 2015, 07:18:05 PM »
What does it say about Rebelo's thinking at the time?  Did he think their friends were in on it then?

ferryman

« Reply #3745 on: August 24, 2015, 07:20:01 PM »

One or two anomalies.  It's always struck me as anomalous that Mrs Fenn (as the person closest to the scene of the crime at the time it was committed) was never interviewed by Rogatory.

Perhaps she was asked but declined.

Perhaps others were asked but also declined.

Offline Lace

« Reply #3746 on: August 24, 2015, 07:20:20 PM »
It makes me feel quite sad that Amaral based his theory solely on the alerts of the dogs.   The one behind the sofa was probably a speck of blood [not Madeleine's]   there was nothing on the curtains nothing on the wall.   Eddie alerted to the bedroom, to what is unknown and to the garden again unknown and neither alert was investigated enough to get to the bottom of them.   Then Eddie alerted to the car to what who knows again as the sample from the car showed DNA from three people maybe as many as five.   The idea that the McCann's put a frozen Madeleine in the car is ludicrous to the extreme,   but still all these alerts are being used as evidence against the McCann's and Madeleine is still missing    8(8-))

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3747 on: August 24, 2015, 07:22:37 PM »
Yet Eddie cannot detect minute traces of blood in the same fashion as Keela, so which comes first - the cadaver or the blood?
Ant one of those other nine vehicles could have contained minute blood traces of a living, findable Madeleine but Keela couldn't check simply because Eddie didn't bark.
So at what point is Eddie unable to detect blood?  How minute does the speck have to be before he can't detect it?  Rhetorical question.

ferryman

« Reply #3748 on: August 24, 2015, 07:30:08 PM »
So at what point is Eddie unable to detect blood?  How minute does the speck have to be before he can't detect it?  Rhetorical question.

Eddie could, apparently, detect blood in pretty small traces:

A missing person, last seen returning from church, on foot, in N. Ireland.
A missing person search did not reveal her whereabouts.
The search of a suspect's 'totally burnt out vehicle' by forensic scientists did not reveal any evidence.
A 'one minute' search by the EVRD identified a position in the rear passenger footwell where the dog alerted to the presence of human material.
A sample was taken and when analysed revealed the victim's DNA.

(Martin Grime)

Keela's advantage was, supposedly, that she could "point" (with her nose)

stephen25000

« Reply #3749 on: August 24, 2015, 07:30:21 PM »
Pig scent as you call it is what Eddie was trained on to start with.

.........and ?

Mobius Loop time.

Read my earlier replies.