Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841602 times)

ferryman

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #4170 on: August 28, 2015, 02:23:38 PM »
Has it been ruled out by direct unequivocal evidence ?

Bearing in mind they didn't see the mans face clearly.

I recall you saying his daughter was better at observation than her father.

It is still very much ruled in that the Smiths might have been seen Madeleine's abductor, unless anything has come to light I am unaware of to rule out the Smith sighting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4171 on: August 28, 2015, 02:32:01 PM »
Are you having a bad morning ?

I read your minor litany in response to this already.

All you expressed was your amateur googling opinion and that is of no consequence whatsoever.

Has it occurred to you that the article you have quoted was found via google
You may be an Internet dinasaur but for those of us who have kept abreast of technology Google is an essential tool

Offline John

« Reply #4172 on: August 28, 2015, 02:36:34 PM »
So have we reached a consensus or what?  Did the dogs inspections at Ocean Club, of the cars or of the McCann's clothing bring anything to the investigation?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #4173 on: August 28, 2015, 02:37:08 PM »
Has it been ruled out by direct unequivocal evidence ?

Bearing in mind they didn't see the mans face clearly.

I recall you saying his daughter was better at observation than her father.
There has been no dog corroboration of the irish sighting's relevance.
Remember the child seen by the irish party had bare feet and hands and face and therefore would leave scent particles all along the route.
None of the GNR dogs tracked the missing child down this route.
None of the EVRD dogs (Eddie, Tito, Muzzy) alerted on this route nor at the destination area SY assumed it led to.
It is risky IMO to base a whole investigation on one sighting which may be nothing to do with it.
Because that can mean missing the real solution, as has happened in other cases.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 02:40:30 PM by pegasus »

ferryman

« Reply #4174 on: August 28, 2015, 02:40:24 PM »
So have we reached a consensus or what?  Did the dogs inspections at Ocean Club, of the cars or of the McCann's clothing bring anything to the investigation?

Not sure whether we've reached a consensus.

But my take is that analysis of the dog inspections confirms the innocence of the McCanns, but contributes nothing to the sum of knowledge about what happened to Madeleine.

Others, much cleverer than me, analysing different aspects of the official record, have brought to light stuff that does, or may.

All power to them ....

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #4175 on: August 28, 2015, 02:44:22 PM »
Has it occurred to you that the article you have quoted was found via google
You may be an Internet dinasaur but for those of us who have kept abreast of technology Google is an essential tool

Davel - how could you be so disrespectful?

It is well known that there are some posters who are such polymaths that they have no need of google or any other reference.

Their command of maths, law and chemisty and alchemy is profound and unquestionable.

We should consider ouselves fortunate that such intellectual titans are prepared to bestow their wisdom on us ignorant, uneducated dregs of society.     

Offline pegasus

« Reply #4176 on: August 28, 2015, 02:53:39 PM »
Certainly no forum consensus has been reached.
Another question.
If the NPIA had recommended against using an EVRD, and Eddie had never gone to PDL, where would the case be now?

ferryman

« Reply #4177 on: August 28, 2015, 02:59:51 PM »
Another question.
If the NPIA had recommended against using an EVRD, and Eddie had never gone to PDL, where would the case be now?

My hunch is that we would, now, be in exactly the same position as we are in, except that the first enquiry would have been shelved earlier, with Robert Murat the only (original!) arguido to be released from the status without blemish or question to his character.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #4178 on: August 28, 2015, 03:00:11 PM »
Another question.

I would imagine the case itelf would be exactly where it is now.  With Madeleine still missing.

I also think the McCann forum industry would have been very short lived, and Amaral would be about to retire from the PJ.   

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #4179 on: August 28, 2015, 03:04:16 PM »

According to Lowe and his colleagues it brought nothing to the party:
snip >>>>>
Conclusion
In my opinion, the laboratory results that were attained did not help to clarify whether or not the DNA results obtained within the scope of this case were from Madeleine McCann.<<<< snip
snip >>>>>
Conclusion
In the objects recovered from the Scenic, there were around 15 blonde/fair hairs similar to the reference hairs from SJM2, 4 and 5. However, as it was not possible to do solid [definitive] or significant [forensically meaningful] tests it is not possible for me to determine if, or not, these could have been from Madeleine McCann. <<<< snip

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

ferryman

« Reply #4180 on: August 28, 2015, 03:07:04 PM »
snip >>>>>
Conclusion
In my opinion, the laboratory results that were attained did not help to clarify whether or not the DNA results obtained within the scope of this case were from Madeleine McCann.<<<< snip
snip >>>>>
Conclusion
In the objects recovered from the Scenic, there were around 15 blonde/fair hairs similar to the reference hairs from SJM2, 4 and 5. However, as it was not possible to do solid [definitive] or significant [forensically meaningful] tests it is not possible for me to determine if, or not, these could have been from Madeleine McCann. <<<< snip

Other factors determine that.

Like the fact that the car was hired 3 weeks after Madeleine disappeared. 

And the fact that there was a sodding great camera crew filming their departure from PdL ...

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4181 on: August 28, 2015, 03:07:32 PM »
Not sure whether we've reached a consensus.

But my take is that analysis of the dog inspections confirms the innocence of the McCanns, but contributes nothing to the sum of knowledge about what happened to Madeleine.

Others, much cleverer than me, analysing different aspects of the official record, have brought to light stuff that does, or may.

All power to them ....

Very much my take on it ... but I don't think anyone has budged one iota from the opinion held at the start of the discussion.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4182 on: August 28, 2015, 03:16:02 PM »
snip >>>>>
Conclusion
snip >>>>>
Conclusion

... and even if the hairs had been Madeleine's, without a root they would have signified nothing other than they were hers.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #4183 on: August 28, 2015, 03:17:58 PM »
My hunch is that we would, now, be in exactly the same position as we are in, except that the first enquiry would have been shelved earlier, with Robert Murat the only (original!) arguido to be released from the status without blemish or question to his character.
Assuming Eddie and Keela never went to PDL and there were no dog alerts.
The case gets shelved in 2008.
Then a few years later SY and PJ reopen the case.
Would SY have sent EVRDs Tito and Muzzy to PDL?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #4184 on: August 28, 2015, 03:21:54 PM »
Y'all don't seem to like the conclusions of the FSS.
Don't whinge at me I only posted them. Or are you implying I "did a Levy" 
*&*%£
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey