Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841553 times)

ferryman

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #4470 on: August 29, 2015, 08:45:51 PM »
Portugal in August in uniform?  A touch warm.

Do the SY police for operation grange wear uniform when in Portugal?

In the second enquiry we have seen uk Police officers wearing their police officer uniforms.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #4471 on: August 29, 2015, 08:49:15 PM »
Portugal in August in uniform?  A touch warm.

Do the SY police for operation grange wear uniform when in Portugal?
Suits ties polished shoes and briefcases IIRC.
However I have seen a photo of the new SIO (on a different case) in forensic gear.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4472 on: August 29, 2015, 08:54:27 PM »
The internet is not the be  all and end all.

Personally I prefer reading from books or the equivalent.

If I need other material , it is downloaded and printed as and when required.

so now you are talking about the net rather than just google...
the internet is an incredible tool. I buy a few books...subscribe to journals that are part of professional associations I belong to but the net is way...way ahead of anything else when it comes to acquiring new and up to date knowledge....I can now watch webinars from all over the world from the comfort of my home...there are hours and hours of recorded lectures that I can find using google...not only that I can discuss on fora ideas with fellow professionals from all over the world.....you really do sound like a dinosaur

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4473 on: August 29, 2015, 08:55:02 PM »
Enrichment is not the point.  The point of one-to-one dog-to-handler ratio at a single crime scene is bias.

The propensity to bias is less if each dog at the same crime scene has its own handler.

This is the second time you've avoided a question of mine today. Again have you any evidence MG was on holiday when in PDL and do you think he would be allowed to make money from two police dogs ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #4474 on: August 29, 2015, 08:55:21 PM »
Suits ties polished shoes and briefcases IIRC.
However I have seen a photo of the new SIO (on a different case) in forensic gear.

So not uniforms.

ferryman

« Reply #4475 on: August 29, 2015, 08:58:48 PM »
This is the second time you've avoided a question of mine today. Again have you any evidence MG was on holiday when in PDL and do you think he would be allowed to make money from two police dogs ?

Must have missed the first one, but I've certainly answered that.

Grime was given possession of both dogs when he retired.

Offline mercury

« Reply #4476 on: August 29, 2015, 09:00:19 PM »
That still doesn't appear to be entirely clear to me... I expect that there's an untaken leave issue that has created the technical ambiguity.

I agree with FM that giving his personal address seems a bit odd for someone still working for SYP.

Most people when writing a CV use their home address. Last time you wrote one, did you give your current employer's address?

I don't think anything wrong can be inferred from this, especially if Mr Grime had plans to go freelance in the near future. Much ado about nothng IMO.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4477 on: August 29, 2015, 09:01:19 PM »
Must have missed the first one, but I've certainly answered that.

Grime was given possession of both dogs when he retired.

Bug he wasn't retired when in PDL and you still haven't provided evidence that he was even on holiday.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

ferryman

« Reply #4478 on: August 29, 2015, 09:03:24 PM »
Bug he wasn't retired when in PDL and you still haven't provided evidence that he was even on holiday.

He never wore his police uniform and he wrote his (undated) profile from the address of his private address in Oxford.

Harrison wrote his report from the business address of the NPIA.

Offline mercury

« Reply #4479 on: August 29, 2015, 09:05:29 PM »
Grime's profile is undated.

SYP would not have deployed two dogs and one handler ....

And you know this how? Do you have evidence that SYP who used Mr Grime for years, with the dogs Frankie, Eddie, Keela and Morse at different times,  always sent out two handlers in the past? When they used at least two dogs?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4480 on: August 29, 2015, 09:09:44 PM »
He never wore his police uniform and he wrote his (undated) profile from the address of his private address in Oxford.

Harrison wrote his report from the business address of the NPIA.

Have you any concrete, written verification that he wasn't still fully-employed as a police officer ?

ferryman

« Reply #4481 on: August 29, 2015, 09:10:47 PM »
And you know this how? Do you have evidence that SYP who used Mr Grime for years, with the dogs Frankie, Eddie, Keela and Morse at different times,  always sent out two handlers in the past? When they used at least two dogs?

I presume it is the second point you are querying?

It's to do with bias.

UK and (mainstream) US policing the same.  One handler may handle only one dog at a given crime-scene.

In this second enquiry we've seen that, two dogs deployed and two handlers (one a woman, not that that's relevant).

stephen25000

« Reply #4482 on: August 29, 2015, 09:13:56 PM »
I presume it is the second point you are querying?

It's to do with bias.

UK and (mainstream) US policing the same.  One handler may handle only one dog at a given crime-scene.

In this second enquiry we've seen that, two dogs deployed and two handlers (one a woman, not that that's relevant).

and what did the foray into Portugal reveal last year ??

Two letters of the alphabet reveal the answer. 8((()*/

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4483 on: August 29, 2015, 09:15:42 PM »
and what did the foray into Portugal reveal last year ??

Two letters of the alphabet reveal the answer. 8((()*/

are these the same two letters that describe what the alerts tell us

stephen25000

« Reply #4484 on: August 29, 2015, 09:16:51 PM »
are these the same two letters that describe what the alerts tell us

Well Grimes dogs did alert and last year..... ?>)()<