Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841498 times)

Offline mercury

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #4485 on: August 29, 2015, 09:18:29 PM »
I presume it is the second point you are querying?

It's to do with bias.

UK and (mainstream) US policing the same.  One handler may handle only one dog at a given crime-scene.

In this second enquiry we've seen that, two dogs deployed and two handlers (one a woman, not that that's relevant).

I don't profess to know the rules, what I do know is that Mr Grime has been used before PDL in other cases with two dogs, and no other handler, so therefore that puts your claim that SYP wouldn't do this in question.

It is not as if in PDL Mr Grime used both dogs at the same tme, hence, it was always one handler one dog at any given time, don't really see the problem ....but of course in your mind it's bias, profit, conscious cueing, lying in his CV, getting people in personnel to doctor his credentials, and all sorts...please yourself

ferryman

« Reply #4486 on: August 29, 2015, 09:31:14 PM »
I don't profess to know the rules, what I do know is that Mr Grime has been used before PDL in other cases with two dogs, and no other handler, so therefore that puts your claim that SYP wouldn't do this in question.

It is not as if in PDL Mr Grime used both dogs at the same tme, hence, it was always one handler one dog at any given time, don't really see the problem ....but of course in your mind it's bias, profit, conscious cueing, lying in his CV, getting people in personnel to doctor his credentials, and all sorts...please yourself

I think you'll find Grime was deployed alone with Eddie or with another handler (Ellis) and another dog (Frankie).

Not sure Keela and Eddie were ever deployed together on the same assignment before PdL
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 09:35:37 PM by ferryman »

stephen25000

« Reply #4487 on: August 29, 2015, 09:32:41 PM »
I think you'll find Grime was deployed alone with Eddie or with another handler (Ellis) and another dog (Frankie).

Not sure Keela and Eddie were ever deployed together on the same assignment.

??

ferryman

« Reply #4488 on: August 29, 2015, 09:34:24 PM »
??

From an FOI answer which (I believe) Carana has, but I don't.

Offline mercury

« Reply #4489 on: August 29, 2015, 09:35:48 PM »

Not sure Keela and Eddie were ever deployed together on the same assignment.

So basically, it boils down go you have no clue. Not a great position to come from when asserting this that and the other.

ferryman

« Reply #4490 on: August 29, 2015, 09:36:56 PM »
So basically, it boils down go you have no clue. Not a great position to come from when asserting this that and the other.

I appear to have more of a clue than you.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4491 on: August 29, 2015, 09:40:18 PM »

doesn't matter...the alerts have no evidential value or reliability ...basically BS.

Now if you want to discuss at length how this BS was arrived at ..it's up to you...but it's still BS

Offline mercury

« Reply #4492 on: August 29, 2015, 09:45:10 PM »
I appear to have more of a clue than you.

No need to get personal, your last post was decidedly unsure in the second part and assertive in the first but with no back up, and seeing as you frequently state things which later are proven false, it really would be in your best interest to back up any claim you make

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4493 on: August 29, 2015, 09:47:18 PM »
No need to get personal, your last post was decidedly unsure in the second part and assertive in the first but with no back up, and seeing as you frequently state things which later are proven false, it really would be in your best interest to back up any claim you make

can you back up your claim that Grime said the dogs alerted to cadaver odour

ferryman

« Reply #4494 on: August 29, 2015, 09:47:47 PM »

If you didn't know that it is standard policy to deploy dogs and handlers in one-to-one ratios, then I have informed you of something.

That's not personal.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #4495 on: August 29, 2015, 09:48:07 PM »
No-one has noticed a problem re of one of Amaral's ideas Why would anyone put anything in a cupboard that doesn't belong there and then take it out again. What's the point. It achieves absolutely nothing.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 09:50:55 PM by pegasus »

Offline mercury

« Reply #4496 on: August 29, 2015, 09:51:30 PM »
can you back up your claim that Grime said the dogs alerted to cadaver odour

I already gave it yesterday, don't you remember?

In Grime's professional opinion the EVRD dog alerts were suggestive of cadaver scent contaminant...except for his opinion after the garage searches where it was his opinion the alerts suggested cadaver scent contaminant or blood

!

AS anyone would expect from a cadaver dog giving alerts!

Cue nitpicking claptrap

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4497 on: August 29, 2015, 09:53:49 PM »
I already gave it yesterday, don't you remember?

In Grime's professional opinion the EVRD dog alerts were suggestive of cadaver scent contaminant...except for his opinion after the garage searches where it was his opinion the alerts suggested cadaver scent contaminant or blood

!

AS anyone would expect from a cadaver dog giving alerts!

Cue nitpicking claptrap

so you cannot back up your claim as I pointed out..

Offline mercury

« Reply #4498 on: August 29, 2015, 09:57:04 PM »
If you didn't know that it is standard policy to deploy dogs and handlers in one-to-one ratios, then I have informed you of something.

That's not personal.

One to one it was, Grime worked with one dog at a time
You haven't provided evidence any other handler was with Grime on searches previous to PDL and that SYP would never have sent one handler out with two dogs, but never mind, I'm not going to lose sleep over it

ferryman

« Reply #4499 on: August 29, 2015, 10:03:35 PM »
One to one it was, Grime worked with one dog at a time
You haven't provided evidence any other handler was with Grime on searches previous to PDL and that SYP would never have sent one handler out with two dogs, but never mind, I'm not going to lose sleep over it

By one-to-one I mean a ratio of one dog to one handler.

In his SYP days, Grime would either operate alone with Eddie or he would operate in tandem with another dog, Frankie and his handler Ellis.

But Grime would never operate two dogs at the same crime scene (neither would any other handler).

As I say, I believe Carana has the FOI answer that substantiates that.