Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841672 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #4680 on: August 31, 2015, 07:26:53 PM »
The point is the cadaver dog trainer/handler does not give any of these spurious possibilities a single mention..sweat and skin cells! . If they were possibilities he would IMHO, but on the whole would make the whole science of using cadaver detection dogs a mockery and a waste of police time energy and money. Also he has never said the cadaver dog will react to remant scent of blood, saliva, scent, teeth...etc etc

Ps Never smelt a broken limb in a cast, so cannot comment, and never heard of dogs used or trained to detect the misfortunes....or reported to have alerted to them

@)(++(*

as I have said Eddie wasn't a properly trained cadaver dog because he had been trained to react to blood too

Offline Carew

« Reply #4681 on: August 31, 2015, 07:31:16 PM »
That would be true of course, Mercury. I do believe however that the dog has to be commanded to start working/searching.
Looking at the films MG would clap his hands or say "Find".

So after the command to start working has been issued, what stops Eddie alerting to the shed skin cells which would still be on site?

In work mode or not, those apparent alert trigger contaminants would still be present.

Offline mercury

« Reply #4682 on: August 31, 2015, 07:35:56 PM »
as I have said Eddie wasn't a properly trained cadaver dog because he had been trained to react to blood too

he was a very well trained EVRD, one EVRD among a few

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7263355.stm

Of  course you will have a cite that shows no properly trained cadaver dog reacts to blood or is also trained to do so, won't you?

Offline Anna

« Reply #4683 on: August 31, 2015, 07:41:50 PM »
So after the command to start working has been issued, what stops Eddie alerting to the shed skin cells which would still be on site?

In work mode or not, those apparent alert trigger contaminants would still be present.

I was not referring to skin cells etc as I have no idea if he alerts to them.

I was talking about his general training, re: blood,cadaver and cadaver odour. He would have to know whether or not he was in work mode. Otherwise he would be constantly looking for the items he is trained to find. Sorry if I didn't make myself very clear.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4684 on: August 31, 2015, 07:42:42 PM »
he was a very well trained EVRD, one EVRD among a few

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7263355.stm

Of  course you will have a cite that shows no properly trained cadaver dog reacts to blood or is also trained to do so, won't you?

I've read that best practice is that cadaver dog's should not alert to blood...the cite is somewhere on this thread...Morse, Grimes latest dog does not alert to blood. if you think about it , it makes perfect sense.

Offline Anna

« Reply #4685 on: August 31, 2015, 07:46:50 PM »
Search Asset Profile

'Eddie' The Enhanced Victim Recovery Dog (E.V.RD.) will search for and locate human remains and body fluids including blood to very small samples in any environment or terrain. The initial training of the asset is conducted using pig as the subject matter for solid hides and human blood for fluid. The use of human remains for the purpose of training dogs in the U.K. is not acceptable at this point in time.
http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic35.html
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4686 on: August 31, 2015, 07:48:17 PM »
It's not obvious to me . It's not obvious to Kate McCann either. When presented with the alerts on Cuddle Cat she immediately explained it  away by stating that she had previously taken  the child's toy to work with her and that it could have been contaminated there. I think to make such a statement (  which IMO is highly improbable )  she must have felt the dogs were on to something n'est-ce-pas?

I'm not going to bother asking you to waste your time looking for a cite to prove that ... for the simple reason there isn't one.  Dr Kate McCann neither said that she took CuddleCat to work ... nor did she say she had been in contact with six dead bodies at her work.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #4687 on: August 31, 2015, 07:51:26 PM »
I've read that best practice is that cadaver dog's should not alert to blood...the cite is somewhere on this thread...Morse, Grimes latest dog does not alert to blood. if you think about it , it makes perfect sense.

If a blood dog is used in tandem maybe it does, as it would remove any doubt for some of the alerts, but not all, and may have been more helpful in Portugal overall.

You have alerts given by Eddie where no blood was there....they have yet to be explained away

Offline mercury

« Reply #4688 on: August 31, 2015, 07:54:31 PM »
I'm not going to bother asking you to waste your time looking for a cite to prove that ... for the simple reason there isn't one.  Dr Kate McCann neither said that she took CuddleCat to work ... nor did she say she had been in contact with six dead bodies at her work.
And you know this how?
Unless you thnk/know the author of the Star of Madeleine (IIRC) completely fabricated this in his book?
Just asking so that we can tick another myth off with proof it was a myth iyswim

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4689 on: August 31, 2015, 07:57:14 PM »
If a blood dog is used in tandem maybe it does, as it would remove any doubt for some of the alerts, but not all, and may have been more helpful in Portugal overall.

You have alerts given by Eddie where no blood was there....they have yet to be explained away

they don't have to be explained away...they have to be confirmed...as Morse...Grime's new dog is not trained on blood it seems Grime agrees with me

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4690 on: August 31, 2015, 07:58:48 PM »

if Eddie alerts to remnant scent of blood then he would alert and keela would not

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4691 on: August 31, 2015, 07:59:00 PM »
And you know this how?
Unless you thnk/know the author of the Star of Madeleine (IIRC) completely fabricated this in his book?
Just asking so that we can tick another myth off with proof it was a myth iyswim

It's a Myth.  Fabricated by Cristovao.

ferryman

« Reply #4692 on: August 31, 2015, 08:00:01 PM »

Not explained away but explained.

Cuddle-cat: an error of omission, or commission?

Clothing not alerted to in the villa, transported in bog-standard cardboard boxes to a gym and apparently alerted to.

Which was right?

No alert in the villa?

Or alert in the gym?

Should police dogs attending a crime scene both trample all over stuff they are tasked to inspect and (one dog) pick stuff up in its mouth?

I'd be amazed if that is best practise ...

Offline mercury

« Reply #4693 on: August 31, 2015, 08:06:49 PM »
they don't have to be explained away...they have to be confirmed...as Morse...Grime's new dog is not trained on blood it seems Grime agrees with me

Technically for a court of law as evidence they have to be confirmed somehow, but as I have said a million times, there is no confirmation for remnant cadaver scent
Unconfirmed indications remain intelligence, as per Harrison's words

Grime does not agree with you unless you speak to him.....and you report back

Offline mercury

« Reply #4694 on: August 31, 2015, 08:11:19 PM »
if Eddie alerts to remnant scent of blood then he would alert and keela would not

But you don't think he does, so pointless post?
And no, MG has never said he does either