Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841657 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #4755 on: September 01, 2015, 10:48:18 AM »
Now if not from the Mccanns or their 'sources', where would the claim of Kate Mccann seeing 6 bodies come from ?

Cristovao's money making book.  He made it up.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4756 on: September 01, 2015, 10:49:52 AM »
He stated that his sources were conversations with police officers and the media. Some aspects do correspond to the general thinking of Amaral & co., and some more or less accurate details, but others must be gleaned from mangled tabloid reports of half-truths, in themselves largely initially leaked by the PJ anyway.

Did he make any money from this book?

Offline Benice

« Reply #4757 on: September 01, 2015, 10:59:07 AM »
Now if not from the Mccanns or their 'sources', where would the claim of Kate Mccann seeing 6 bodies come from ?

Where is your evidence that a claim regarding ''six bodies'' was ever made by the McCanns or their 'sources'?

If Kate had been in contact with 6 cadavers as a GP then that would be easy for the police to substantiate.  They could simply look at her work records.     Therefore nothing to by gain by the McCanns by claiming she did - if she didn't.

If the McCanns did make that claim to the PJ - then it undoubtedly would have been recorded in the files.  The fact that AFAIK it doesn't even get a mention says it all IMO.

Why wasn't it one of the 48 questions?

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #4758 on: September 01, 2015, 11:08:17 AM »
Where is your evidence that a claim regarding ''six bodies'' was ever made by the McCanns or their 'sources'?

If Kate had been in contact with 6 cadavers as a GP then that would be easy for the police to substantiate.  They could simply look at her work records.     Therefore nothing to by gain by the McCanns by claiming she did - if she didn't.

If the McCanns did make that claim to the PJ - then it undoubtedly would have been recorded in the files.  The fact that AFAIK it doesn't even get a mention says it all IMO.

Why wasn't it one of the 48 questions?

Why would anyone who didn't believe the mccanns make that story up, which has been around since early on ?

( To Eleanor )How do we know Christavo made that claim up ?

and why would he need to ?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 11:14:38 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline sadie

« Reply #4759 on: September 01, 2015, 11:13:05 AM »

Why would anyone who didn't believe the mccanns make that story up, which has been around since early on.

Bit of gossip intended to "rev up" his book and help sell it?  Money ?.

Also a bit of Mccann smacking and obfuscation if untrue.   To help his old mate Amaral ?

stephen25000

« Reply #4760 on: September 01, 2015, 11:18:12 AM »
Bit of gossip intended to "rev up" his book and help sell it?  Money ?.

Also a bit of Mccann smacking and obfuscation if untrue.   To help his old mate Amaral ?

Where is the proof it came from him ?

It would go against the theory of parental involvement.

Also, the sheer likelihood of any Doctor, bar in an emergency confirming 6 dead bodies in two weeks, doesn't add up.

Offline LagosBen

« Reply #4761 on: September 01, 2015, 11:20:28 AM »
May I ask you if you were in the area at the time Madeleine disappeared?  I can appreciate that a 'local' would be getting a bit fed up by now, so I am curious.

No I wasn't there that night. 8(>((

Looking at the pages since I first posted again, just proves to me my thoughts. Whilst dogs can, and are very useful tools, in this case they proved zero.

And as usual most of the posts/claims here are based around the BS that appeared first in PT "Newspapers" then UK "Newspapers" therefore I'm outta here again.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4762 on: September 01, 2015, 11:22:52 AM »

Why would anyone who didn't believe the mccanns make that story up, which has been around since early on.

He wasn't present at any of the interviews, and nowhere is it mentioned in The Files, which incidentally, hadn't even been released at the time.
So did someone who was there tell him this, and if so, why is there no official record of this?

Why did he make it up?  To make money.  The man is a known liar and a thief, and is currently on trial for much more imaginative crimes.

stephen25000

« Reply #4763 on: September 01, 2015, 11:24:53 AM »
He wasn't present at any of the interviews, and nowhere is it mentioned in The Files, which incidentally, hadn't even been released at the time.
So did someone who was there tell him this, and if so, why is there no official record of this?

Why did he make it up?  To make money.  The man is a known liar and a thief, and is currently on trial for much more imaginative crimes.

How would it make him money ?

It would go against the case they were pursuing  ?

and more pertinently, this story originated somewhere.

Offline Carana

« Reply #4764 on: September 01, 2015, 11:28:36 AM »
Did he make any money from this book?

No idea. His previous book on the Cipriano case (published in September 2007), with a similar title, was No. 7 in the book charts... so I would imagine that it sold quite well.

http://www.presenca.pt/editorial/ingleses-so-prejudicaram/

Offline sadie

« Reply #4765 on: September 01, 2015, 11:29:44 AM »

It was an obfuscation seemingly stephen.

Get that message out and believed, then The Mccanns would possibly have to try and prove something they could not, cos it wasn't true.   It could make them LOOK liars .... just look liars

That is assuming that the six deaths wasn't true  ..... and it seems to have no source .... so it looks as tho it was indeed not true.

Obfuscation?  And sensationalist possibly, to make money?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4766 on: September 01, 2015, 11:30:17 AM »
Where is the proof it came from him ?

It would go against the theory of parental involvement.

Also, the sheer likelihood of any Doctor, bar in an emergency confirming 6 dead bodies in two weeks, doesn't add up.

No, it doesn't add up, Stephen.  And it would certainly be on record if Kate had confirmed the death of 6 dead bodies.  But hardly the place to take a child's soft toy.
Cristovao was just trying to enforce the theory that Kate was a liar.

Offline Carana

« Reply #4767 on: September 01, 2015, 11:41:07 AM »

Seemingly this detail came from CdM.

O Correio da Manhã titula "Mãe de Maddie apertada pela PJ".

O jornal diz que terá sido detectado sangue no carro do casal e adianta que Kate McCann terá justificado o odor de cadáver nas roupas e no peluche com o facto de ser médica e de ter estar em contacto com seis corpos antes das férias em Portugal.
http://www.zebananas.com/POR/Setembro7.htm

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4768 on: September 01, 2015, 11:42:12 AM »

He sold many copies of the book.  No, I don't know how many.

He wasn't involved in the case, so he was just trying to make Kate look ridiculous, and a desperate liar, since if untrue then Kate could never confirm it, ergo, she lied.  It's a sort of double negative.  Which you understand only too well.  And that is not a criticism, by the way.  More of a compliment actually.

A lot of very untrue rubbish was bandied about at the time, if of course anything is able to be Very Untrue.  Most of which found it's way into The Tabloids.

stephen25000

« Reply #4769 on: September 01, 2015, 11:45:33 AM »
Thank you Carana for that.

I've been googling,  @)(++(* , for any reference to the 6 bodies and found very little.I do recall there being more references in the past, but they seem to have evaporated into the ether.