Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841509 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #5460 on: September 12, 2015, 03:44:24 PM »
Luminol etc also is not a good idea if DNA analysis of samples is going to be done.
This is why, in early Aug 2007, no chemicals were used by PJ forensics to locate samples on the lounge floor and wall behind the sofa, just special lights.

I'm referring to the initial forensics which were carried out by the Portuguese team in May and later by a British team.

I can find no reference in the files ... but there are newspaper reports from the time that luminol was used ... in particular the blood from the Northern European male was allegedly discovered using this technique.

The semen sample which turned out to be saliva was found using lights.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #5461 on: September 12, 2015, 03:48:00 PM »
It's sits very well with the supporters. The FSS said the sample could have come from just about anyone so could not exclude maddie...plus...so what if Maddie's dna was found in the car...what would that tell us...nothing again.
What we have on the net is non scientists trying to interpret scientific results. The LCN technique has never been questioned...it's the interpretation of the results that is questionable.
Using lcn dna my dna could be found in hundreds of places I had never been...do posters understand that

Regina v Hoey ? which was running at the time and caused the suspension of LCN techniques until an investigation was carried out.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5462 on: September 12, 2015, 03:50:27 PM »
Regina v Hoey ? which was running at the time and caused the suspension of LCN techniques until an investigation was carried out.

caused the suspension of lcn being used as evidence....nothing wrong with lcn analysis...its the interpretation of the results that's the problem

Offline pegasus

« Reply #5463 on: September 12, 2015, 03:53:01 PM »
Don't you think the parents will have already agonised over just that, Pegasus?  The anguish they must have felt when Tito and Muzzy were searching the mound must have been unbearable.
Their questioning and any feelings they may have expressed will have been done privately and discretely.
Looking at debate on this forum i've never seen any supporter suggest the "Eddie was right and it was a third party who entered the apartment and did it and both parents are completely innocent" theory. Mr Redwood was obviously considering it IMO. It's not anti-parent at all. So why do no supporters consider it? It could explain the bedroom lounge and garden alerts (and the clothing and vehicle alerts by transference onto clothes that were laying around in apartment that night).

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #5464 on: September 12, 2015, 03:54:40 PM »
caused the suspension of lcn being used as evidence....nothing wrong with lcn analysis...its the interpretation of the results that's the problem

That is not quite what the judge said.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5465 on: September 12, 2015, 04:00:44 PM »
That is not quite what the judge said.

the judge was imprecise....LCN DNA is accepted as being accurate so why did the case collapse...it collapsed because even if the match was 100% accurate it could not be proved that the dna present was due to direct contact due to the small amounts involved in lcn analysis

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #5466 on: September 12, 2015, 04:24:03 PM »
the judge was imprecise....LCN DNA is accepted as being accurate so why did the case collapse...it collapsed because even if the match was 100% accurate it could not be proved that the dna present was due to direct contact due to the small amounts involved in lcn analysis

Well he would be wouldn't he  @)(++(*

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5467 on: September 12, 2015, 04:27:59 PM »
Looking at debate on this forum i've never seen any supporter suggest the "Eddie was right and it was a third party who entered the apartment and did it and both parents are completely innocent" theory. Mr Redwood was obviously considering it IMO. It's not anti-parent at all. So why do no supporters consider it? It could explain the bedroom lounge and garden alerts (and the clothing and vehicle alerts by transference onto clothes that were laying around in apartment that night).

If Madeleine was lifted by a predator it was done within a very tight time frame ... a very few minutes.  There simply was no time for anyone to hang around with a body and there would have been many more areas of contamination to cause 'alerts'.
Did Eddie once even cast a glance at a door handle?
I firmly believe madeleine was alive when she left the apartment.

With reference to the DCI and his thoughts ... it is my opinion that the investigation latterly came into possession of intelligence which suggested the worst case scenario that Madeleine was dead.  This had to be checked out ... and I believe that is why Tito and Muzzy checked out the mound area.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Anna

« Reply #5468 on: September 12, 2015, 04:31:47 PM »

Sorry, Pegasus. You have lost me.

Do you believe that a third person entered the apartment and killed the child and then left her to develop VOCs and then came back and took her?

Or do you believe that it was a death scent brought in by scenes of crime, police, or pig butcher/farmer?

Or maybe a zombie or funeral home worker abducted her?

Help us out please and tell us to what you are referring.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline pegasus

« Reply #5469 on: September 12, 2015, 04:36:44 PM »
If Madeleine was lifted by a predator it was done within a very tight time frame ... a very few minutes.  There simply was no time for anyone to hang around with a body and there would have been many more areas of contamination to cause 'alerts'.
Did Eddie once even cast a glance at a door handle?
I firmly believe madeleine was alive when she left the apartment.

With reference to the DCI and his thoughts ... it is my opinion that the investigation latterly came into possession of intelligence which suggested the worst case scenario that Madeleine was dead.  This had to be checked out ... and I believe that is why Tito and Muzzy checked out the mound area.
The very tight time frame could be solved if a hypothetical third party perp reenters the apartment to retreive something, long after the alarm. Anyone could walk in and out.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #5470 on: September 12, 2015, 05:54:36 PM »
14 minutes in total for all the other apartments, and just short of an hour for apartment 5a

Doubtless that was the dogs' fault ....
I had no idea there was such a huge discrepancy in the time spent on the apartment searches (of course a similar discrepancy on the car searches is obvious from watching the video).  No doubt the dog apologists will have a good reason for this. 

stephen25000

« Reply #5471 on: September 12, 2015, 05:55:21 PM »
I had no idea there was such a huge discrepancy in the time spent on the apartment searches (of course a similar discrepancy on the car searches is obvious from watching the video).  No doubt the dog apologists will have a good reason for this.

Have you seen the unedited videos  ?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #5472 on: September 12, 2015, 05:57:19 PM »
Have you seen the unedited videos  ?
I've seen the long version of the car search, and no video whatsoever of the non-5a apartment searches.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #5473 on: September 12, 2015, 06:05:24 PM »
Eddie was in 5A longer because of the large amount of interest he showed from the moment of reaching the front door.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #5474 on: September 12, 2015, 06:10:11 PM »
Eddie was in 5A longer because of the large amount of interest he showed from the moment of reaching the front door.
It would be interesting to compare his behaviour on entering 5a with his behaviour on entering one of the other apartments - why are those videos not available?  Were those searches actually video'ed at all?