Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841593 times)

ferryman

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #5865 on: September 17, 2015, 09:32:31 AM »
BACK UP YOUR CLAIM OR WITHDRAW IT.

However, first read the court judgement.

You back up yours.

Where, in the files (apart from Almeida) is there an assertion of "proven" cadaver scent.

Where does Grime say anything about "proven" cadaver scent?

stephen25000

« Reply #5866 on: September 17, 2015, 09:34:55 AM »
You back up yours.

Where, in the files (apart from Almeida) is there an assertion of "proven" cadaver scent.

Where does Grime say anything about "proven" cadaver scent?

I don't need to ferryman.

What counts in law, is the court judgement.

NOTHING ELSE.

ferryman

« Reply #5867 on: September 17, 2015, 09:35:30 AM »
I don't need to ferryman.

What counts in law, is the court judgement.

NOTHING ELSE.

No it's not.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5868 on: September 17, 2015, 09:39:01 AM »

Okay.  That's enough.  All future posts in this vein will be deleted.

Offline Anna

« Reply #5869 on: September 17, 2015, 09:39:48 AM »
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Anna

« Reply #5870 on: September 17, 2015, 09:44:35 AM »
Okay.  That's enough.  All future posts in this vein will be deleted.

Sorry, Eleanor. You were quicker than me and I missed your post. Please delete my post if you wish.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5871 on: September 17, 2015, 09:53:53 AM »
Sorry, Eleanor. You were quicker than me and I missed your post. Please delete my post if you wish.

No, I think that rounds it off more than adequately, Anna.

Offline Benice

« Reply #5872 on: September 17, 2015, 10:17:00 AM »
Page 08
(snipped)

6. The British police dogs “Eddie” and “Keela” detected human blood and cadaver in the apartment 5A, Ocean Club [alínea AR) of the undisputed facts].

7. The British police dogs “Eddie” and “Keela” detected human blood and cadaver in a vehicle rented by the claimants after the disappearance of MMC [alínea AS) of the undisputed facts].

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/v01.htm

I presume they are referring to the 2 occasions when both dogs alerted in the same place and swabs were obtained  -  (the key fob in the car and behind the settee in 5a)

Didn't they know that like Keela -  Eddie would also alert to blood?   IIRC on both occasions it was concluded that it was blood that both dogs had alerted to. 

Why didn't they claim that Eddie had alerted to 'cadaver' in all the other places where he barked as 'indisputed facts'?

IMO they appear to have interpreted the alerts which they do mention -  as being alerts by Eddie to a dead body - which were then confirmed by Keela's alert to blood at the same place.      As we know because Eddie also alerted to blood - that interpretation (if that is what it was) cannot be claimed as a fact.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #5873 on: September 17, 2015, 10:22:57 AM »
I presume they are referring to the 2 occasions when both dogs alerted in the same place and swabs were obtained  -  (the key fob in the car and behind the settee in 5a)

Didn't they know that like Keela -  Eddie would also alert to blood?   IIRC on both occasions it was concluded that it was blood that both dogs had alerted to. 

Why didn't they claim that Eddie had alerted to 'cadaver' in all the other places where he barked as 'indisputed facts'?

IMO they appear to have interpreted the alerts which they do mention -  as being alerts by Eddie to a dead body - which were then confirmed by Keela's alert to blood at the same place.      As we know because Eddie also alerted to blood - that interpretation (if that is what it was) cannot be claimed as a fact.

I am sorry Benice, but your opinion is not relevant.

Have you read through the entirety of the court judgement from Portugal ?

Offline Carana

« Reply #5874 on: September 17, 2015, 10:25:26 AM »
Did you manage to figure it out? Do share if you have, if not, perhaps Carana can.

There's a thread on the DNA "misunderstanding" somewhere, which I can't find for the moment. In the meantime...

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=5498.100
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2123.50
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2123.25
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 10:28:11 AM by Carana »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5875 on: September 17, 2015, 10:30:15 AM »
I am sorry Benice, but your opinion is not relevant.

Have you read through the entirety of the court judgement from Portugal ?

the entire judgement is not available...what you are quoting is out of context and does not mean what you think...you have been duped...back later

stephen25000

« Reply #5876 on: September 17, 2015, 10:36:43 AM »
the entire judgement is not available...what you are quoting is out of context and does not mean what you think...you have been duped...back later

Incorrect.

Read all the judgement.

Offline Carana

« Reply #5877 on: September 17, 2015, 10:37:03 AM »
As a reminder.........

6. The British police dogs “Eddie” and “Keela” detected human blood and cadaver in the apartment 5A, Ocean Club [alínea AR) of the undisputed facts].

7. The British police dogs “Eddie” and “Keela” detected human blood and cadaver in a vehicle rented by the claimants after the disappearance of MMC [alínea AS) of the undisputed facts].

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/v01.htm

UNDISPUTED FACTS.

I think I see what the issue is...

"Undisputed facts" in the judgement refers to untested statements of fact that can be found in the police files in some form or other. The judge's job was not to judge what the dogs were actually alerting to (the remit of a criminal court if the McCanns had been charged), but to ascertain the degree to which Amaral had sourced his material from the files.

stephen25000

« Reply #5878 on: September 17, 2015, 10:43:18 AM »
I think I see what the issue is...

"Undisputed facts" in the judgement refers to untested statements of fact that can be found in the police files in some form or other. The judge's job was not to judge what the dogs were actually alerting to (the remit of a criminal court if the McCanns had been charged), but to ascertain the degree to which Amaral had sourced his material from the files.

Read page 8 of the judgement.

Offline Carana

« Reply #5879 on: September 17, 2015, 10:46:17 AM »
@ Stephen

if I had given a statement to the police that you microwaved puppies for breakfast and "Expert A" wrote a book drawing on that statement, the judge would still have listed that as an "undisputed fact" for the purposes of the civil trial.

It doesn't mean that you do actually engage in such practices, just that an untested statement in the police files to that effect does in fact exist.