Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841495 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #5895 on: September 17, 2015, 05:27:50 PM »
so you believe it as well...great...two sceptics who are wrong...

so what does it mean in English...the dog alerted to cadaver...what does that actually mean because it makes no sense
Where did I say that?
Do you understands what a question mark is customarily used for ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5896 on: September 17, 2015, 05:29:04 PM »
Where did I say that?

so you don't believe it

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #5897 on: September 17, 2015, 05:29:43 PM »
so what does alinea AS and Alinea AR signify

Alinea means subheading or paragraph
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5898 on: September 17, 2015, 05:32:16 PM »
Alinea means subheading or paragraph

so what does it say in the sub headings..AS and AR...
Perhaps that might explain these statements in their true context

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5899 on: September 17, 2015, 05:34:28 PM »
Oxford Bloo noted....."Dogs of the British police "Eddie" and "Keela" detected brands odor of human blood and body in apartment 5a of the Ocean Club [point AR) of undisputed]. 7.Dogs of the British police "Eddie" and "Keela" detected odors of human blood and body in a vehicle rented by the authors Kate McCann and Gerald McCann after the disappearance of Madeleine"

A more nuanced reading shows that these are not "Proven Facts" in themselves, but the "Proven Fact" is that these statements were made in the previous reports rather than it was a proven fact that they were true. The court accepts that it is a fact that these statements occurin legal documents. Amaral needed this to claim that his book was based on what someone else had written.

So we will have another myth growing up that the Judge in this case accepted that Eddie and Keela reacted, that the McCanns hid the body, yet still found against the McCanns, when all the judge has found is that those statements occurred in another document.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5900 on: September 17, 2015, 05:35:30 PM »
Where did I say that?

I stopped using question marks here when posters failed to answer questions

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #5901 on: September 17, 2015, 05:37:36 PM »
What do "alinea AR" and "alinea AS" actually state?

I don't know!
Whatever it states the author of the judgement thought it was an undisputed fact otherwise why list it as such?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5902 on: September 17, 2015, 05:41:23 PM »
I don't know!
Whatever it states the author of the judgement thought it was an undisputed fact otherwise why list it as such?

the statement is qualified by the paragraph AR...perhaps therein lies the answer..what we do know is that the statement is untrue..it's a lie believed by the sceptic movement..all two of you
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 05:46:27 PM by davel »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #5903 on: September 17, 2015, 05:41:41 PM »
so you don't believe it
I didn't say that either.
Try again.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5904 on: September 17, 2015, 05:47:56 PM »
I didn't say that either.
Try again.

so you are not sure what you believe

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #5905 on: September 17, 2015, 05:49:19 PM »
the statement is qualifies by the paragraph AR...perhaps therein lies the answer..what we do know is that the statement is untrue..it's a lie believed by the sceptic movement..all two of you

Two are not a movement. According "Alice's Restaurant Massacree".
One is sick.
Two is a pair of  (can't say now cos it's non pc)
Three is an organization.
Fifty is a movement.

Well I am sure someone can dig out the document then we will know for sure and not have to guess. Your guess being no better than anyone elses.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #5906 on: September 17, 2015, 06:02:03 PM »
Oxford Bloo noted....."Dogs of the British police "Eddie" and "Keela" detected brands odor of human blood and body in apartment 5a of the Ocean Club [point AR) of undisputed]. 7.Dogs of the British police "Eddie" and "Keela" detected odors of human blood and body in a vehicle rented by the authors Kate McCann and Gerald McCann after the disappearance of Madeleine"

A more nuanced reading shows that these are not "Proven Facts" in themselves, but the "Proven Fact" is that these statements were made in the previous reports rather than it was a proven fact that they were true. The court accepts that it is a fact that these statements occurin legal documents. Amaral needed this to claim that his book was based on what someone else had written.

So we will have another myth growing up that the Judge in this case accepted that Eddie and Keela reacted, that the McCanns hid the body, yet still found against the McCanns, when all the judge has found is that those statements occurred in another document.
Correct.  It's bloody Groundhog Day here every day. 

Offline Carana

« Reply #5907 on: September 17, 2015, 06:45:08 PM »

Do these Alinea AR / AS, whatever, relate to the original documents submitted for the injunction trial? If so, it may just be the judge acknowledging documents from those files all over again.

Offline mercury

« Reply #5908 on: September 17, 2015, 11:29:34 PM »
There's a thread on the DNA "misunderstanding" somewhere, which I can't find for the moment. In the meantime...

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=5498.100
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2123.50
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2123.25

Thanks Carana, I haven't the time to read through loads of threads right now, can't you just describe what is the difference between alleles and markers?
I imagine most people have no idea, and unfortunately scientific explanations don't always help.

Offline mercury

« Reply #5909 on: September 18, 2015, 12:24:23 AM »
Thought this was interesting although the dogs used in the study were 'civilians' ... but I think it illustrates that dogs use many more senses than humans are aware of.
Just Martin Grime's opinion of Eddie's behaviour might have been sufficient to communicate itself to the dog which was probably as adept at reading 'body language' as he was at everything else.

Why a dog's sense of smell is overrated: Canines use their MEMORY to find buried bones rather than following their nose
  • Scientists played a version of the cup and ball game with 500 pet dogs
  • The animals were asked to find a treat they had seen hidden in a cup
  • Most failed to find the snack as they used memories instead of their nose
  • It suggests dogs do not rely on sense of smell as much as was thought

By FIONA MACRAE, SCIENCE EDITOR FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHED: 19:09, 16 September 2015 | UPDATED: 21:23, 16 September 2015

You may think Fido would use his acute sense of smell to sniff out a long-buried bone.
In fact, a dog relies on its memory more than its nose to find hidden treats, according to new research.
The discovery was made by US scientists who analysed the results of a game played by 500 pet dogs from around the world.

Each dog watched as its owner placed two cup upside down in front of them, then placed a treat under one of the cups.

The dog's eyes were then covered and the food moved to the second cup.

When the dog was able to see again, it was called over by its owner.
If the pooch was using their sense of smell to find the food, it should have headed for the correct cup.

However, most got it wrong, simply running towards where they had last seen the food.
Researcher Evan MacLean, of Duke University in North Carolina, said: 'Most people think dogs use their sense of smell for everything.

'But actually dogs use a whole range of senses when solving problems.'

Dr MacLean, who studies almost all animals other than cats, said: 'It is hard for me to think of a situation where having a good memory would not be an advantage.
'Memory is important for any sort of planning and understanding patterns and for making predictions about the world.
'Memory is crucial for all of that for any animal.'

The study, which used the internet to recruit and test dogs in their own homes, also investigated the phenomenon of contagious yawning.
Some research has shown that just as one person often seems to yawn after someone else yawns, a dog can 'catch' its owner's yawns.
Dr MacLean said: 'The idea is that it is a very primitive form of empathy.
'The dog is not necessarily feeling bad because its owner is feeling bad but it is tuning into their emotional state in its own way.'

Dr MacLean's study, published in the journal Public Library of Science One, did not find any evidence of the phenomenon.
But it did find that different dogs have different strengths.

Some dogs had a better memory, others were better at taking their master's perspective or at communicating.

Co-researcher Brian Hare said: 'Most people think of intelligence as a glass that is more or less full.
'But intelligence is more like ice cream. Everybody has different flavours.
'Being good at one thing doesn't mean you'll be good at everything else.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3237289/Why-dog-s-sense-smell-overrated-Canines-use-MEMORY-buried-bones-following-nose.html#ixzz3lzlFDRiz

8)><( *&*%£

How do pooches with a good memory when trained and worked as cadaver dogs do  remembering remnant scent of saliva, clipped toenails, and bad breath? Sheesh, I expect the whole population of any country would not want cadaver dogs entering their homes....! quick, hide the pork chops, empty the bins, the bacons in there, and the smelly old socks!! Hoover up the nails (though I'm sure some here will argue Eddie could have smelt through a Henry Hoover bag's contents). My list is growing longer, I've just read cadaver dogs alert to freshly mown lawns or some insanity like that, not to mention the other day two kids were fighting and one pulled the others hair out... I am waiting for the dust mites to hit the stage any time soon.Carry on though. It's very entertaining as well as being so bloody pathetic it's unreal.