Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841672 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #5955 on: September 18, 2015, 04:29:47 PM »
It only happens if you've sprinkled your lawn with peat-based MiracleGro.

Not bonemeal?  8(0(*
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

stephen25000

« Reply #5956 on: September 18, 2015, 04:46:47 PM »

Online misty

« Reply #5957 on: September 18, 2015, 04:59:55 PM »
Not bonemeal?  8(0(*

I don't believe the cadaver dogs alert to the remnants of other animals, bar piglets. There are no human remains in bonemeal.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #5958 on: September 18, 2015, 05:02:59 PM »
It is the point that the substances mentioned replicate the components of the "scent of death" to which cadaver dogs are trained to respond.

"In the first few days the body is going through a process of autolysis, which is basically the self-digestion of cells."
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/national/13651311.Decomposing_bodies_have_cut_grass_accent/

Do we know if the process of autolysis described by Dr Anna Williams was part of Eddie's trained response?

It would seem probable it was. Unless someone has incontrovertible evidence that it didn't ie proof that all the
piggy bits that were ever used in his training were older than a few days.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Carana

« Reply #5959 on: September 18, 2015, 06:32:37 PM »
It would seem probable it was. Unless someone has incontrovertible evidence that it didn't ie proof that all the
piggy bits that were ever used in his training were older than a few days.

As far as I iknow, the medical and legal procedures involved (and therefore time) would differ between a still-born piglet and anyone's nearest and dearest OH or relative.

Online misty

« Reply #5960 on: September 18, 2015, 08:47:34 PM »

I don't think anyone is questioning Keela's alerts as they were all corroborated.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 09:45:26 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5961 on: September 18, 2015, 08:49:48 PM »

I think by now you should understand my position on the alerts
I don't believe there was a cadaver on 5a
The alert to blood was obviously correct
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 09:46:10 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #5962 on: September 18, 2015, 08:57:25 PM »
I think by now you should understand my position on the alerts
I don't believe there was a cadaver on 5a
The alert to blood was obviously correct

So by your own admission the alerts were not total BS?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5963 on: September 18, 2015, 09:02:19 PM »
So by your own admission the alerts were not total BS?

As we have been discussing the cadaver alerts all day some might have the intelligence to see my post in context

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5964 on: September 18, 2015, 09:50:52 PM »
Thank you

Offline mercury

« Reply #5965 on: September 18, 2015, 10:07:54 PM »

I don't think anyone is questioning Keela's alerts as they were all corroborated.
Eddies couldn't be, doesn't mean they were wrong, another fact which some people won't accept as a possibility, that he DID react to remnant scent of a dead body... He wasn't trained sniffing lawns or live humans sweat or bad breath or whatever else s going to come out as a pathetic possiblity...sheesh

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5966 on: September 18, 2015, 10:09:49 PM »
Eddies couldn't be, doesn't mean they were wrong, another fact which some people won't accept as a possibility, that he DID react to remnant scent of a dead body... He wasn't trained sniffing lawns or live humans sweat or bad breath or whatever else s going to come out as a pathetic possiblity...sheesh

grime never discusses the alerts as to being due to the remnant scent of a body...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5967 on: September 18, 2015, 10:14:14 PM »
the very fact that SY believe Maddie may still be alive is proof they do not believe eddie alerted to the remnant scent from a cadaver in 5a

Offline mercury

« Reply #5968 on: September 18, 2015, 10:23:48 PM »
grime says the alerts have no intelligence reliability so your claim they are intelligence is wrong. I call them BS because they tell us nothing...perhaps you could tell us what the alerts actually tell us that we do not already know

a cadaver trained dog alerting does tell us something...not nothing!

As for YOUR claim that Grime says the alerts are not intelligence, that is untrue, he said they have no reliability if uncorroborated.....and as we know they can't be corroborated unless by other evidence...forensics from blood found by the blood dog or other investigative findings forensically or otherwise...to say dog alerts mean nothing and are BS is a little childish...no police force would utilise them in search of remnant death scent if they couldn't alert to it

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5969 on: September 18, 2015, 10:26:03 PM »
no answer to my specific questions? Oh well, never mind Brie, guess you can't manage to find a sensible one to any?

Your specific questions have been addressed ad nauseam in this dog thread and on every dog thread on the forum.

Your post ridiculing the study which has found that newly cut grass emits hexanol which is also one of the VOCs emitted by early decomposing human remains is the originator of the recent posts I have made on the subject of the dogs and Mr Amaral's misinterpretation of their significance.

If you wish to continue the discussion it might be useful to draw a line through groundhog day and move to where the scientific evidence has taken us in 2015.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....