Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 841663 times)

Offline carlymichelle

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #6015 on: September 19, 2015, 11:32:46 AM »
No, wrong again.

The dogs alerts in 2007 didn't confirm one way or the other.

Try to be accurate.

Likewise, another forum myth, that Madeleine was not extensively searched for.

She was.

if the dog  findings had not been mad epublic would  the supporters still be  as upset about it  8 years later??  clearly the dog  findings worry them more then they are prepared to let on  imo

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #6016 on: September 19, 2015, 11:43:59 AM »
if the dog  findings had not been mad epublic would  the supporters still be  as upset about it  8 years later??  clearly the dog  findings worry them more then they are prepared to let on  imo

and we all know what opinions are worth ...nothing

Offline Brietta

« Reply #6017 on: September 19, 2015, 11:47:02 AM »
No, wrong again.

The dogs alerts in 2007 didn't confirm one way or the other.

Try to be accurate.

Likewise, another forum myth, that Madeleine was not extensively searched for.

She was.

My post says that ...  "The 2007 dogs visit confirmed that Madeleine McCann's remains were not in any of the places they searched." and I think that is as accurate as one can be.

In what way did making Madeleine McCann's parents arguidos advance the search for her?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #6018 on: September 19, 2015, 11:48:13 AM »
My post says that ...  "The 2007 dogs visit confirmed that Madeleine McCann's remains were not in any of the places they searched." and I think that is as accurate as one can be.

In what way did making Madeleine McCann's parents arguidos advance the search for her?

In missing children s cases, parents are investigated.

It's a matter of course.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 11:58:17 AM by Eleanor »

Offline Carana

« Reply #6019 on: September 19, 2015, 11:48:22 AM »
Thank you so much for that.  I now feel vaguely able to explain this to someone else.

But how many Markers does any one person's DNA actually have?  Or can it vary?

If you mean bits of genetic code, rather a lot...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_genome

I didn't understand the Lowe report, either, when I first read it. Lowe actually talks about "components", which are the alleles.

I'm not a scientist, but I was intrigued enough to try to discover what people were talking about. It was obvious that they were getting muddled, but I wasn't sure why.

Anyway, that is just my understanding of the difference between alleles and markers in the context of the forensic nuclear DNA tests.

To understand bootgate, perhaps the easiest thing is to think of a Venn diagram, something like this:

That only has 3 circles (DNA contributors), and the actual sample was between 3 and 5 contributors.

For the sake of simplicity, let's assume that there were 3.

The central area where all 3 overlap is where Madeleine's components (alleles) were found. However, because it is where the circles overlap, the content is also shared by other circles / contributors. There is therefore no way of knowing whether the shared alleles were actually from Madeleine herself (an invisible extra circle) or simply the combination of those she shared with the others.

stephen25000

« Reply #6020 on: September 19, 2015, 11:50:12 AM »

I didn't understand the Lowe report, either, when I first read it. Lowe actually talks about "components", which are the alleles.

I'm not a scientist, but I was intrigued enough to try to discover what people were talking about. It was obvious that they were getting muddled, but I wasn't sure why.

Anyway, that is just my understanding of the difference between alleles and markers in the context of the forensic nuclear DNA tests.

To understand bootgate, perhaps the easiest thing is to think of a Venn diagram, something like this:

That only has 3 circles (DNA contributors), and the actual sample was between 3 and 5 contributors.

The central area where all 3 overlap is where Madeleine's components (alleles) were found. However, because it is where the circles overlap, the content is also shared by other circles / contributors. There is therefore no way of knowing whether the shared alleles were actually from Madeleine herself (an invisible extra circle) or simply the combination of those she shared with the others.

Great, now we have Venn diagrams as well.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #6021 on: September 19, 2015, 11:56:52 AM »

In missing children s cases, parents are investigated.

It's a matter of course.

especally   when the parents are the last to see them  ie  kate mcann
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 11:59:47 AM by Eleanor »

Offline Carana

« Reply #6022 on: September 19, 2015, 11:57:45 AM »
Great, now we have Venn diagrams as well.

Is that an issue?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #6023 on: September 19, 2015, 12:00:51 PM »
especally   when the parents are the last to see them  ie  kate mcann

I hope that isn't an accusation.  Please have a care.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #6024 on: September 19, 2015, 12:02:56 PM »

a very elegant way to describe the situation

stephen25000

« Reply #6025 on: September 19, 2015, 12:05:03 PM »
Is that an issue?

Well, what exactly do you intend to achieve with these ?

Perhaps P( A ∩ B ∩ C )  ???

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #6026 on: September 19, 2015, 12:07:34 PM »
Well, what exactly do you intend to achieve with these ?

Perhaps P( A ∩ B ∩ C )  ???

its very clear what Carana has achieved by her post..I'm surprised you cannot understand it

stephen25000

« Reply #6027 on: September 19, 2015, 12:09:22 PM »
its very clear what Carana has achieved by her post..I'm surprised you cannot understand it

Oh dave.

Wrong again. 8)--))

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #6028 on: September 19, 2015, 12:10:22 PM »

Oh dave.

Wrong again. 8)--))

8)-))) im sensing  a bit of tension on here today are   you??

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #6029 on: September 19, 2015, 12:11:02 PM »

Oh dave.

Wrong again. 8)--))

if you understood it you would see what she has achieved