Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1490355 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #5445 on: May 20, 2019, 07:11:04 PM »
Yes, the logic, or lack of it on display in your post did have me chortling, thanks!

I'm sorry,  care to explain what's so illogical about it then?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline The General

« Reply #5446 on: May 20, 2019, 07:12:14 PM »
Key point.

Even at the distance that Tannerman was away from 5A when Jane saw him, the small of his back must have been creaking.
I also noticed that by clasping his hands, his forearms turned in, thus making a sling, relying on grip as well as lower bicep.
I don't go around looking for blokes carrying kids by the way, but it struck me as unusual knowing the little I do about this case, so I thought I'd monitor his progress. Fair play to him, his biceps must have been on fire when he finally swapped position. The child woke up, which is probably what he was trying to prevent.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5447 on: May 20, 2019, 07:12:56 PM »
Have you got an cite showing where Jane Tanner talked to the press?

"If she felt SY were mistaken she would have said something by now"  Logically incorrect IMO.

She told the press in 2007 that she saw a man carrying a child, she thought it was an abduction.

She has since changed her mind, as is evidenced by the fact that SY have ruled her sighting out.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5448 on: May 20, 2019, 07:14:23 PM »
To me it is illogical as it is only one of many possible reasons for saying nothing further.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5449 on: May 20, 2019, 07:15:52 PM »
Your belief that Jane Tanner would go to the press to contradict Operation Grange, and your belief that because she didn’t do something it proves what is in her mind.  It’s illogical, twice.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5450 on: May 20, 2019, 07:18:44 PM »
To me it is illogical as it is only one of many possible reasons for saying nothing further.

What other reasons are there for her keeping silent?

If she feels her sighting was still relevant then she's doing a disservice to Maddie by keeping tight lipped about it.

Maybe she just doesn't care about her anymore.

Poor Maddie.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5451 on: May 20, 2019, 07:23:17 PM »
Your belief that Jane Tanner would go to the press to contradict Operation Grange, and your belief that because she didn’t do something it proves what is in her mind.  It’s illogical, twice.

She has previous for going to the press against police advice.

No reason to believe she wouldn't do it twice.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5452 on: May 20, 2019, 07:25:10 PM »
What other reasons are there for her keeping silent?

If she feels her sighting was still relevant then she's doing a disservice to Maddie by keeping tight lipped about it.

Maybe she just doesn't care about her anymore.

Poor Maddie.
Or maybe she never got the memo telling her she had to communicate with the police via the tabloids.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5453 on: May 20, 2019, 07:27:40 PM »

Miss Tanner, who has kept a silence since Madeleine went missing on May 3, said she had decided to tell her story to fight back against claims that she was a "liar and a fantasist."

She defied the Portuguese authorities who have told Mr and Mrs McCann - and those with them on the night Madeleine vanished - not to talk about the case.

Miss Tanner insisted that she saw a man in the street carrying a little girl 45 minutes before Madeleine disappeared but thought nothing of it until the girl's bed was found empty.

"I have not spoken because the Portuguese police told us not to talk about the case at all and from day one we have done everything we can to help them with the investigation," she told a BBC Television's Panorama programme.

"I think maybe I am talking now because I am being called a liar and a fantasist and I know what I saw. I think it is important that people know what I saw because I believe Madeleine was abducted."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1569668/McCann-friend-saw-Madeleines-abductor.html

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5454 on: May 20, 2019, 08:07:33 PM »
Miss Tanner, who has kept a silence since Madeleine went missing on May 3, said she had decided to tell her story to fight back against claims that she was a "liar and a fantasist."

She defied the Portuguese authorities who have told Mr and Mrs McCann - and those with them on the night Madeleine vanished - not to talk about the case.

Miss Tanner insisted that she saw a man in the street carrying a little girl 45 minutes before Madeleine disappeared but thought nothing of it until the girl's bed was found empty.

"I have not spoken because the Portuguese police told us not to talk about the case at all and from day one we have done everything we can to help them with the investigation," she told a BBC Television's Panorama programme.

"I think maybe I am talking now because I am being called a liar and a fantasist and I know what I saw. I think it is important that people know what I saw because I believe Madeleine was abducted."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1569668/McCann-friend-saw-Madeleines-abductor.html
And?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5455 on: May 20, 2019, 08:09:48 PM »

And....there's no reason to believe Jane Tanner would be keeping her trap shut if she believed SY had got it wrong.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5456 on: May 20, 2019, 08:21:25 PM »
And....there's no reason to believe Jane Tanner would be keeping her trap shut if she believed SY had got it wrong.
So she talked to the Telegraph once, means she must gush incontinently to the media at every opportunity?  I see.  Good logic.  Not.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5457 on: May 20, 2019, 08:26:47 PM »
So she talked to the Telegraph once, means she must gush incontinently to the media at every opportunity?  I see.  Good logic.  Not.

She spoke to BBC Panorama, then, in 2013 her sighting was ruled out by the worlds finest police force.

She has never complained about it since.

If she thought her sighting was still of relevance she's had plenty of time to protest as much.

She hasn't, because she's quite satisfied she was mistaken.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5458 on: May 20, 2019, 08:31:08 PM »
She spoke to BBC Panorama, then, in 2013 her sighting was ruled out by the worlds finest police force.

She has never complained about it since.

If she thought her sighting was still of relevance she's had plenty of time to protest as much.

She hasn't, because she's quite satisfied she was mistaken.
Just like Mr Smith then.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #5459 on: May 20, 2019, 08:31:16 PM »
She has previous for going to the press against police advice.

No reason to believe she wouldn't do it twice.

And lest we forget while the details she was gabbing about were still under judicial secrecy.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?