Author Topic: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.  (Read 124515 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 09:51:01 AM »
cameron said he would trigger article 50 immediately....whoever takes over has made no such promise

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 09:53:43 AM »
Well, I just saw that too.

Perhaps Boris and his cronies, shouldn't have told all the lies they did in the prelude to the referendum.

I've wanted out since about 1994, I doubt I'm the only one who made their mind up long before the electioneering began.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 09:58:23 AM »
cameron said he would trigger article 50 immediately....whoever takes over has made no such promise

Which is why he had to go.

The person in the best position is the one who started it all; Farage. He can trot about going 'Hurrah!, he can criticise those who delay/negotiate and continue to cause problems without having to actually do anything concrete.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 09:59:39 AM »
i'm all for brexit as the Eu is on a self destruct course......however voting out is one thing and getting out is another.
Around two thirds of MPs support remain and they are teh ones who are going to have to vote for the laws for the exit

All the more reason why we should have a general election as soon as possible.  We need MP's and a government in office who can represent the peoples best interests going forward.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 10:08:46 AM »
All the more reason why we should have a general election as soon as possible.  We need MP's and a government in office who can represent the peoples best interests going forward.
absolutely agree...we need stability asap...and we need MPs who are going to carry out the wishes of the people.
The problem then is that MPs will be elected on a constituency basis may not represent the views of the country as a whole

stephen25000

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 10:10:23 AM »

Whose best interests would that be ?

Some have suggested Theresa May as a new PM, as the alternatives such as Gove and Johnson would be derided.

It is clear Labour voters who voted for leaving en masse , could be viewed as the Turkeys voting for Christmas, once they realize that EU laws protecting their employment rights will be removed.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 10:27:33 AM »
Stewart Lee on UKIP.

It's an old clip, but one of my favourites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HMhWB95ldQ

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 10:52:21 AM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 10:33:47 AM »

Some have suggested Theresa May as a new PM, as the alternatives such as Gove and Johnson would be derided.

It is clear Labour voters who voted for leaving en masse , could be viewed as the Turkeys voting for Christmas, once they realize that EU laws protecting their employment rights will be removed.
you are very insulting to labour voters

stephen25000

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2016, 10:43:53 AM »
you are very insulting to labour voters

That is a matter of opinion,as that is a well worn expression.

In my view, people have been conned by the Cons in the referendum, and I really have very little sympathy for them.

Offline John

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 10:44:28 AM »
I think G-Unit he passed the buck to his successor, as he was not prepared to be the P.M. to trigger Article 50, which he knows will have it's consequences.

From the 'Sun'

'More than £100 billion was wiped off the FTSE 100 as the index fell more than 7%, while the pound also crashed 8% against the US dollar.'

Just the beginning.

A great opportunity to pick up some cheap stocks.   8((()*/
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2016, 10:46:56 AM »
Brexit won because every vote counted. In General Elections they don't. Perhaps we would have very different governments if our General Elections were more reflective of majority votes, rather than majority constituencies.

General Election: Votes v Seats

Green 1.2M votes, 1 seat

Ukip 3.8M votes, 1 seat.

Lib Dems 2.4M votes, eight seats.

SNP 1.5M votes, 56 seats.

Labour 9.2M votes, 229 seats

Conservatives 11.M votes 325 seats

If you take out every voter who don't even live in the UK and the nationalists with their own agenda in N Ireland and Scotland then the victory is even more sweeter.  Farage thought he had lost as did Johnson even before the first vote was counted.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 10:54:52 AM by John »

stephen25000

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2016, 10:54:00 AM »
It is an irony now that the chief leaders of Brexit will have to live up to their promises.

Offline John

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2016, 10:56:57 AM »
 ?>)()<

Not at all Stephen.  Jeremy Corbin should resign too now if he has any sense.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2016, 10:57:21 AM »
That is a matter of opinion,as that is a well worn expression.

In my view, people have been conned by the Cons in the referendum, and I really have very little sympathy for them.

others will say they have made the right decision to protect their future and their childrens future

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2016, 11:00:13 AM »
Brexit: Petition for second EU referendum so popular the government site's crashing

It cites the result as too close given the turnout

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/brexit-petition-for-second-eu-referendum-so-popular-the-government-sites-crashing-a7099996.html

Please can we move the goal posts, it's not fair, I want my mummy  8)><( 8)><(