Author Topic: 'Clear The Ground Beneath Your Feet'...  (Read 4651 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: 'Clear The Ground Beneath Your Feet'...
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2019, 08:32:49 PM »
On Saturday 5th there were house to house visits by the PJ and OC employees. I assume that either Mrs Fenn was out or she said she had nothing to say.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/EXTERNAL.htm

Apartment 606 was used by the PJ as a base where people could go and speak to them. I assume Mrs Fenn didn't feel the need.

There appeared to be a guard on 5A for a while after the disappearance. I expect he would have been able to direct Mrs Fenn to 606 had she approached him. I assume she didn't.

Thanks.  I'll read thoroughly but off the top of my head I wonder if PF slipped through the net somewhat being the only full-time resident?  Ie her name would not have appeared on the various lists produced by OC/tour companies/passport control etc. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2019, 08:34:18 PM »
Perhaps she considered it of no relevance.

Yes maybe.  Some people go into great detail others not.  But why even mention a visit in the morning?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2019, 09:07:48 PM »
PF's wit stat gives the impression her niece paid a flying visit morning of 3rd May but the niece's wit stat gives the impression it was a long drawn out affair involving her husband, morning coffee at PF's followed by lunch at nearby Lagos, then back to PF's for afternoon tea and something to eat before departing around 6 pm/6.30 pm.

Are the different accounts significant or just a case of one providing more detail than another? 

Offline Brietta

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2019, 09:07:59 PM »
Thanks.  I'll read thoroughly but off the top of my head I wonder if PF slipped through the net somewhat being the only full-time resident?  Ie her name would not have appeared on the various lists produced by OC/tour companies/passport control etc.

The net must have had some very large holes in it to have allowed Mrs Fenn and Mr and Mrs Moyes to slip through ... all of whom were in residence on 3rd May in apartments directly above the McCanns but who were not located by the police.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2019, 09:09:50 PM »
The net must have had some very large holes in it to have allowed Mrs Fenn and Mr and Mrs Moyes to slip through ... all of whom were in residence on 3rd May in apartments directly above the McCanns but who were not located by the police.

I don't think there's anything in PJ files from the Moyes?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2019, 09:14:24 PM »
PF's wit stat gives the impression her niece paid a flying visit morning of 3rd May but the niece's wit stat gives the impression it was a long drawn out affair involving her husband, morning coffee at PF's followed by lunch at nearby Lagos, then back to PF's for afternoon tea and something to eat before departing around 6 pm/6.30 pm.

Are the different accounts significant or just a case of one providing more detail than another?

We have no idea what questions if any Mrs Fenn was asked.  What we do know is that by the time her witness statement was taken police priorities concerning Kate and Gerry had taken a particular turn.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2019, 09:15:00 PM »
I don't think there's anything in PJ files from the Moyes?

Quite.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2019, 09:18:24 PM »
I'm reading the niece's wit stat and it appears she and her husband arrived in Quarteria on 28th Apr for a weeks hol with the objective of looking for a property to purchase in Eastern Algarve.  The most direct route from Quarteria to PDL takes around 1 hour.  The niece claims the drive TO PDL on 3rd May took about one hour but the return journey took about two hours.  She does not offer up any explanation for the time difference.  Is this significant?

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CAROL_TRANMER.htm

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2019, 09:22:53 PM »
The niece claims she and her husband were looking to purchase property in Eastern Algarve hence they stayed in Quarteria but on Fri 4th May they passed through PDL to view properties but didn't visit any estate agents?  Is this significant?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2019, 09:27:09 PM »
The niece claims she visited her aunt regularly but when asked how many times she had visited PDL it amounted to a total of 3.  PF moved to PDL in 2003.  Is this significant? 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2019, 09:30:29 PM »
The niece claimed it was too much for PF to put up her and her husband.  As such when they visited they stayed somewhere local and yet when they visited in 2007 they were staying in Quarteria which is an hours drive away.  Is this significant?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2019, 09:36:08 PM »
The niece was asked to describe the view from PF's balcony which she describes as follows:

We are turned to a beautiful view of the ocean and all the clay roofs of the village, where one can see the pool, the reception area, the pool zone, the tennis courts, and one could see the roof of the Tapas bar. There are trees and bushes between all of this, so when one looks out, there are only roof tops, the small homes and other villas. It is an incredible view.

And when asked if she visited the tapas bar with her aunt she replied as follows:

No, no, no it was not there when I visited the last time, and it is something very recent; I believe that it was built about a year ago and I was there before the Tapas Bar was constructed. I think it was a part of the reception or something similar. We were not there before. It is very new.

Is this significant?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2019, 09:57:22 PM »
The niece claims when she was on PF's balcony 3rd May she observed a suspicious looking man hanging around what appears to have been the gate to 5B.  She claims she learned of MM's disappearance via The Sunday Times (6th May) and remembering the suspicious man she contacted her cousin and second cousin, a colonel at Sandhurst, to discuss whether or not she should contact the police which she did.  It doesn't appear during these discussions with her relatives and police that she mentions PF had very recently been the victim of an attempted burglary which she might have done eg 'Well it's probably unrelated to MM's disappearance and may well have been a man carrying out or planning a burglary'.  Perhaps PF did not want to worry her niece and family and didn't mention the attempted burglary?

Is any of this significant?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2019, 11:24:10 PM »
As was usual the detective who interviewed the niece dug out her first statement, which doesn't appear to have been given to the PJ. It seems he didn't locate the efit she made at the time however. There was some confusion because the PJ had sent Tasmin S's efit with their rogatory request and asked if the man she saw resembled him. Even when he was told that wasn't her efit, hers wasn't enclosed with her rog statement when it was sent to the PJ.

In the Netflix documentary, Summers and Swan saw Mrs Tranmer's sighting as significant, but why? She saw a man who fits the description of Matt Oldfield leaving the gate to 5B and closing it quietly. Whoever he was he showed no interest in 5A.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8672380/praia-de-luz-holidaymaker-who-stayed-in-flat-above-the-mccanns-saw-prowler-open-gate-hours-before-maddie-was-snatched/
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2019, 08:45:53 AM »
As was usual the detective who interviewed the niece dug out her first statement, which doesn't appear to have been given to the PJ. It seems he didn't locate the efit she made at the time however. There was some confusion because the PJ had sent Tasmin S's efit with their rogatory request and asked if the man she saw resembled him. Even when he was told that wasn't her efit, hers wasn't enclosed with her rog statement when it was sent to the PJ.

In the Netflix documentary, Summers and Swan saw Mrs Tranmer's sighting as significant, but why? She saw a man who fits the description of Matt Oldfield leaving the gate to 5B and closing it quietly. Whoever he was he showed no interest in 5A.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8672380/praia-de-luz-holidaymaker-who-stayed-in-flat-above-the-mccanns-saw-prowler-open-gate-hours-before-maddie-was-snatched/

Yes I appreciate the niece's wit stat may not have been passed to PJ but this didn't prevent PJ from 'clearing the ground beneath its feet' and seeking out PF.  Had PJ sought out PF they might then have discovered the visit from the niece and her revelations about the 'suspicious man'.  The niece certainly would not have appeared on any records as according to her rog she was staying in Quarteria and simply visiting her aunt.  In any event when PJ eventually asked PF for a wit stat on 20th Aug '07 she refers to her niece and the efit produced hence the niece was asked to attend for a rog.

The niece claimed she observed a 'suspicious man' acting furtive whilst sitting on PF's balcony.  From her description this appears to have been around the gate to 5B.  She claimed she alerted her husband and PF to this sighting but they were too engrossed in conversation to hear.  I find this interesting for a number of reasons:

- PF was victim of an attempted burglary days before the McCanns arrived.  Assuming PF shared this info with her niece I would have thought the niece would have made sure PF heard as it may have been connected to the attempted burglary!

- The niece claims that when she arrived back in the UK and learned of MM's disappearance she contacted her cousin and second cousin, who at the time was a colonel at Sandhurst, to seek their opinion about the 'suspicious man' and what action, if any, she should take.  She does not appear to mention that it may have been connected to PF's attempted burglary as opposed to MM's disappearance.

- Again as above does not mention in her police rog that PF had recently been the victim of an attempted burglary and the 'suspicious man' may have been connected to this as opposed MM's disappearance.

I have not watched the Netflix vid only the trailer which included input from S&S.  Yes I agree in all probability the niece's sighting of the 'suspicious man' may well have been MO closing the gate to 5B quietly at a time GO was put down for a midday nap.  But according to the niece's rog she left PF's (5G) along with her husband and PF before midday for a fish restaurant in nearby Lagos. 

The niece claimed in her rog she was not aware the McCanns were staying in 5A directly below PF's apartment.  Maybe PF did not discuss with her niece the crying incident. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 08:54:26 AM by Holly Goodhead »