Author Topic: Assistance from Avon Fire and Rescue Service  (Read 13167 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Assistance from Avon Fire and Rescue Service
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2017, 06:44:58 PM »
Thank you for your input, Eleanor. 

I did write to the Avon Fire and Rescue Service recently, and they were good enough to reply, although they didn't add anything new!  I blatantly asked them why so many vehicles, personnel and equipment had been needed to recover one body. They said they were "assisting the police"  !!  Fair enough---I suppose they are not allowed to give out information to any old Tom, Dick or Harry, and they don't know me from Adam!

I have been looking through various media reports: some say Joanna's body was found in a ditch, some say on a verge-----so none the wiser!

As far as I was able to see, there was deeper water just beyond the ditch, and certainly the body would have been harder to see if it had been dumped a bit further from the road.

I assumed that it was heavy, and so it dropped a bit too close.

Not that this has much to do with anything.  There was more to do with what Vincent Tabak was up to at the time.

He certainly didn't go across The Clifton Bridge, but there is another bridge closer to where the body was found, and closer to where they know he was at the time.

Offline Leonora

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2017, 11:44:35 AM »
In the Wikipedia article about the case, ref. 164 is a police link to a live map, dating from shortly after the discovery of the body, showing (in blue) the position of each of the key locations in the case:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?t=h&f=q&oe=UTF8&geocode&hq&msa=0&source=embed&ie=UTF8&hnear=Longwood%20Ln%2C%20Failand%2C%20Bristol%2C%20Avon%20BS8%203TQ%2C%20United%20Kingdom&mid=1hHOmq1r2FiwLoHSQ8ioerpSlwJc&ll=51.448780243465905%2C-2.634984499999973&z=14

The blue balloon showing the position where they claimed the body was found, however, is at a significantly different position from later sources.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 11:47:00 AM by Leonora »

Offline John

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2017, 05:59:00 PM »
There does appear to be some confusion within the press and media as to where exactly the body was found but I believe the two photos below depict correctly where Joanna was found.

Beyond the wall is a steep drop to the quarry so undoubtedly the police had some difficulty in their search for clues because of the difficult conditions and the terrain. 

The same location photgraphed more recently.

https://goo.gl/maps/oDMHjLwGwdC2
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 03:05:48 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Leonora

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2017, 07:05:01 PM »
There does appear to be some confusion within the press and media as to where exactly the body was found but I believe the photo below is accurate.

Beyond the wall is a steep drop to the quarry so undoubtedly the police had some difficulty in their search for clues because of the difficult conditions and the terrain.
That is a very good photo, as it gives a good perspective of the sloping verge. The grass beside the roadway has been trampled, but you can see that the verge slopes down towards the tarmac, so that a body would have to be deposited on to it with some care to prevent it from rolling down into the path of the traffic. However, the people who placed their tributes obviously had other thoughts in their minds.

I suppose the spot much further along the Lane (in the direction shown in this photo) whose co-ordinates the police originally published on their website was false information intended to mislead the perpetrator. A yellow mark was eventually painted on the road to mark the spot, some time after this photo was taken, but I don't really believe that this was really where Joanna was found either. No crane, nor fire engines, would have been needed to recover her body, if it really had been dumped here - and anyway, Roxy the Labrador would have nosed her out long before Christmas day.

It is only speculation that the police looked for clues on the other side of the wall. No such clues were ever reported at the trial.

Offline nina

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2017, 05:32:27 PM »
For heavens sake Nine, Jo was not in plain view on a verge. Towards the end of Longwood Lane (the Clarken Coombe end) the wall starts to curve to the right the grass verge goes straight on. There is a ditch which used to have a wooden fence in front of it, Jo was I believe over the fence and in the ditch by the wall. Not in plain view.

Unfortunately she would have been spotted but it snowed around 2.30am, this is why it took eight days to find her.

Offline [...]

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2017, 05:46:23 PM »
For heavens sake Nine, Jo was not in plain view on a verge. Towards the end of Longwood Lane (the Clarken Coombe end) the wall starts to curve to the right the grass verge goes straight on. There is a ditch which used to have a wooden fence in front of it, Jo was I believe over the fence and in the ditch by the wall. Not in plain view.

Unfortunately she would have been spotted but it snowed around 2.30am, this is why it took eight days to find her.

Welcome Nina....

Have you a picture of the fence where she was placed over... because I would love to see it....

The fence is never mentioned in trial as far as I am aware... there are differing opinions as to where her body actually was... And it wasn't under the Forensic tents!

Andrew Mott never mentions getting his leg over any fence whilst his unwieldly broom handle could have made contact with the body of Joanna Yeates, therefore possibly transferring evidence onto the wall behind her...

The picture I have attached has as far as I know been the Offical line as to where her body lain....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2017, 05:53:38 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8826662/Joanna-Yeates-trial-snow-covered-body-found-by-dog-walker.html
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2017, 07:29:29 PM »

Hi Nina

Thank you for your post---I don't know the area, and haven't heard that before-----some of the papers mention a verge, and some a ditch!

Perhaps you are the right person to explain to us all why so many fire engines, and personnel, and so much equipment was used to recover the body.

Offline nina

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2017, 07:35:58 PM »
mrswah all I can tell you about that is that in Bristol if someone jumps from the bridge all emergency services are called out. This also goes for retrieving things and people.

You have maybe heard of the young men found dead in the rivers in Bristol and Bath, well I don't know about Bath but Bristol has all services responding to retrieving these bodies, so quite honestly I see nothing weird about them all being at L/Lane, including the boat you say was there!

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2017, 07:57:46 PM »
mrswah all I can tell you about that is that in Bristol if someone jumps from the bridge all emergency services are called out. This also goes for retrieving things and people.

You have maybe heard of the young men found dead in the rivers in Bristol and Bath, well I don't know about Bath but Bristol has all services responding to retrieving these bodies, so quite honestly I see nothing weird about them all being at L/Lane, including the boat you say was there!

The boat the Avon Fire and Rescue Service says was there!  Perhaps the fire engines just carry them automatically---I just don't know.

But Joanna was not found in water, was she?

Offline nina

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2017, 08:03:16 PM »
You're right there is usually one fire engine that has it permanently on board. I suppose they don't know where they will be called to next.

Living in Clifton I may just be able to help with the timings.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 03:01:39 PM by John »

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2017, 08:16:52 PM »
You're right there is usually one fire engine that has it permanently on board. I suppose they don't know where they will be called to next.

Living in Clifton I may just be able to help with the timings.

Thanks Nina!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 04:57:27 PM by John »

Offline [...]

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2017, 03:53:56 PM »
Just thought I'd add this image to this topic as people may skim the threads...

This is an image of a Fire Serviceman wearing A Rope Access harness...  If they were recovering her from the verge on the side of the road... why on earth would the Fire Service need Rope Access Harness ???

She had to be inaccessible... Period!

I've attached 2 screenshots from the PDF that mrswah posted... makes a little more sense now.....

It says they help in the recovery of a body and also that 2 harnesses were used....  Up until now I assumed because there was no other way to prove differently... That the information about straps and harness related to the straps they said they used to lift her from the verge...

But since I discovered the image of the Fireman wearing his rope access harness.. I am now of the opinion that there must have been at least 2 Fire Service personel who adorned this equipment...

The question is why.... Why would you need 2 Fire Service personel wearing Rope Access Harness's to recover Joanna Yeates from a Grass Verge????

The only reason for the use of such equipment is that she was located over the wall down into the quarry... Or there was something else over the wall they needed to recover...

They may list it as Animal harness's ... but we can clearly see that it is not!!!

Why is the Incident Catergory Classed as "Special Service" ????

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8188.msg404562#msg404562

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2017, 04:06:37 PM »
Hm.

That is all I can say-----------Hm !!!

Offline [...]

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2017, 04:11:25 PM »
Hm.

That is all I can say-----------Hm !!!

It's starting to show through mrswah.... The Fire Services involvement was far more significant than they have lead the PUBLIC to believe...

The images comes from a News Agency... It's a screen shot of one of their reports at the time... It may have even been screened live at the time ??

Now you know why you can't find any pictures of The Fire Service and what they were doing.... You never know what you may find!!!