Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 284919 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2016, 10:53:16 PM »
Private "Wur Doomed" Frazer rides again.
I don't see why the fuss about Trump wanting to pull out of TPP. No one has ratified it yet and it has mixed reviews from the experts.
There are also conflicting views why Japan became involved:
"Japan's main competition in the region is China, and the two nations have polar views on how the South-east Asia's economy should develop. Prior to the TPP Japan tried to take dominance by establishing the Asian Monetary Fund (AMF), which the U.S blocked. By 2011 Japan managed to establish a cooperative agreement with China and Korea called the "PRC–Japan–Republic of Korea Free trade agreement", also known as the CJK FTA, which did not include the U.S. Japan's intention with this was so that they could use the People's Republic of China card in order to gain U.S support in order to have backing within the TPP, and shift the negotiations toward Japan's agendas with support of the United States".
Then:
"Nobel Memorial Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman has said that "there isn't a compelling case for this deal, from either a global or a national point of view."

Some interesting thought provoking stuff in here if you can be arsed to wade your way through it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Pacific_Partnership
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2016, 02:57:23 PM »
According to a report on Sky News earlier, the Supreme Court appeal might not be the end of the road.

It could well go the European Court afterwards.

Now, wouldn't that be an irony.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 07:18:57 PM by stephen25000 »

stephen25000

« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2016, 04:45:34 PM »
I see the Daily Fascist, nee Mail, is now personally attacking the Supreme Court judges dealing with Brexit.

stephen25000

« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2016, 11:36:25 AM »
Gina Miller arrived at the Supreme Court with bodyguards. She revealed sh's had several death threats, her staff have been threatened, and there's a bounty on her head.

Simply staggering, and the Mail calls it 'The Battle of Britain'.

Strange isn't it, when Brexiters wanted the rule of UK  law, that when it is applied they don't want it, and out comes the threats and extremism.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2016, 05:06:24 PM »
Gina Miller arrived at the Supreme Court with bodyguards. She revealed sh's had several death threats, her staff have been threatened, and there's a bounty on her head.

Simply staggering, and the Mail calls it 'The Battle of Britain'.

Strange isn't it, when Brexiters wanted the rule of UK  law, that when it is applied they don't want it, and out comes the threats and extremism.

I agree it is rather strange.  I too had the impression those in favour of brexit wanted "their country back" and to re-establish the sovereignty of Parliament and the rule of law.  Which is exactly what the High Court ruled. 

Just shows how wrong you can be. 

Maybe someone could explain what the problem is. 

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2016, 05:28:02 PM »
I see the Daily Fascist, nee Mail, is now personally attacking the Supreme Court judges dealing with Brexit.

I took it to be they were informing the public about who will be judging, unfortunate they are all Remainer sympathisers.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2016, 05:40:14 PM »
I agree it is rather strange.  I too had the impression those in favour of brexit wanted "their country back" and to re-establish the sovereignty of Parliament and the rule of law.  Which is exactly what the High Court ruled. 

It really doesn't help when one group  begin to analyse an outcome by lobbing every brexit voter as being the great unwashed ,uneducated, racists. It also doesn't help that some unfortunates have not been educated to a level where they can understand the difference between Justice and law. They don't always go together.

It also doesn't help that not one of these left wing luvvie remainers took the Blair Governement to court to challenge the legality of a war AND still remain unhinged that Parliament and the people they represent was hood winked by a war monger. It doesn't help HE is back to try and remove more of our freedoms.

It just doesn't help that a wealthy foreigner feels she has a right on behalf other wealthy people  to try and thwart a very important phase in the Uk history by spitting a dummy out of a pram.

The mindless thugs who are threatening these Judges are doing so becuase they cannot afford to take their grievience to court...OH THE IRONY.  That makes them angry and dangerous. I will still say today what I said 10 years ago...We could still have a a civil war.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2016, 05:46:43 PM »
I took it to be they were informing the public about who will be judging, unfortunate they are all Remainer sympathisers.

Attorney General Jeremy Wright QC said the High Court made the 'wrong' decision because the EU vote was written off as 'legally irrelevant' even though it was set up with the 'universal expectation that the Government would implement its result'.

Happily, he does not have any power of direction over the courts.  His role is to serve as the chief legal adviser of the Crown and its government in England and Wales.

So I think in the words of Mandy Rice Davis "he would say that, wouldn't he".

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4001028/Remainer-Gina-Miller-arrives-Supreme-Court-latest-stage-Brexit-legal-battle-claiming-judges-unfairly-vilified-longer-travel-public-transport-abuse.html#ixzz4RzEUqcEx
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

stephen25000

« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2016, 06:41:56 PM »

Indeed JP, I would like the answer to that one.

Or is it democracy for the Brexitt supporters and no one else ?

« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2016, 08:23:36 PM »
Indeed JP, I would like the answer to that one.

Or is it democracy for the Brexitt supporters and no one else ?

I think it is democracy for those who have the money to pay for it, lobbyists, Oligarchs self intrest groups of many persuasions etc. Thinking it is anything else is pointless really. IMO 
This democracy  thingy, the EU one, which remainers want to keep what say you about unelected president and 'staff' having a say in what you say, what you think and still call it freedom of speech... &%+((£

stephen25000

« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2016, 08:50:09 PM »
I think it is democracy for those who have the money to pay for it, lobbyists, Oligarchs self intrest groups of many persuasions etc. Thinking it is anything else is pointless really. IMO 
This democracy  thingy, the EU one, which remainers want to keep what say you about unelected president and 'staff' having a say in what you say, what you think and still call it freedom of speech... &%+((£

You mean the millionaires and billionaires behind such newspapers such as the Mail, Telegraph, Sun, Express etc.

« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2016, 09:23:56 PM »
You mean the millionaires and billionaires behind such newspapers such as the Mail, Telegraph, Sun, Express etc.

Yeah, those come under 'self interest groups' as do energy companies, and all other companies now owned and run by non uk citizens.  8(0(*

stephen25000

« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2016, 09:25:48 PM »
Yeah, those come under 'self interest groups' as do energy companies, and all other companies now owned and run by non uk citizens.  8(0(*

These are the ones supporting Brexit. 8)-)))

« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2016, 09:32:44 PM »
These are the ones supporting Brexit. 8)-)))

'They' do not speak for me or my reasons for wanting to leave the EU. 'they' have an agenda as do the remainer millionaires, none of it for the benefit of the  people who live and work here legally.

stephen25000

« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2016, 09:48:52 PM »
'They' do not speak for me or my reasons for wanting to leave the EU. 'they' have an agenda as do the remainer millionaires, none of it for the benefit of the  people who live and work here legally.

The ones I am referring to are stirring up hatred, and a rather unpleasant attack on the legal system, which they puport to support.