Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 284922 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #600 on: January 24, 2019, 05:49:16 PM »
One of the brexit ministers (can't remember his name) said as he resigned that he had not had any input in the decision making nor discussions whilst in post.   David Davis also said he hadn't even seen the Checkers proposal until it was unveiled and that was why he resigned.

That makes it a mockery to employ Brexit believing ministers in that post if they are not allowed to be part of the discussions. 

All IMO

Don't you wonder why there have been so many ministers resign? I don't.

Hmm. How could he not have seen the Chequers plan if he was in charge of UK negotiations?

IMO, they all had different ideas of what Brexit meant, didn't have a clue how complex it was going to be, and believe(d) that the UK was going to be able to dictate all the terms.

It took ages for it to even sink in that the divorce agreement and trade deals were different phases...

A bit like Flat-Earthers going on a world conference cruise and never stopping to wonder how ships actually navigate.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #601 on: January 24, 2019, 06:12:53 PM »
If by hard Bresit you mrean leaving the EU then that's what they voted for.
Er, not that’s not what I mean.  Brexit means leaving the EU, now did they vote for a hard one or a soft one?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Carana

« Reply #602 on: January 24, 2019, 06:34:12 PM »
I have never had confidence in their capabilities, so no surprises there.

Thank you for the gopd wishes. It's a farly simple procedure done in the day clinic so it should be fine.

Wishing you the best for your op as well, G-Unit. I'll have to have the same done at some point, as most of us will.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #603 on: January 24, 2019, 08:39:40 PM »
Er, not that’s not what I mean.  Brexit means leaving the EU, now did they vote for a hard one or a soft one?

As I understand it a soft Brexit involves keeping one or two feet inside the EU. That's not what I see as leaving.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

« Reply #604 on: January 24, 2019, 08:45:11 PM »
As I understand it a soft Brexit involves keeping one or two feet inside the EU. That's not what I see as leaving.

That may not be your view, but what about those who may have believed that everything would have carried on much  as before, minus a few tweaks?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #605 on: January 24, 2019, 08:52:05 PM »
I liked this comment on question time.. Angela Merkel needs to sell 850,000 cars to this country... There are 2 million German jobs at stake... After no deal that phone is going to be ringing pretty quickly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #606 on: January 24, 2019, 09:05:40 PM »
That may not be your view, but what about those who may have believed that everything would have carried on much  as before, minus a few tweaks?

What about them? If they don't understand the word 'leave' they could be beyond help imo. I include some politicians in that too.  @)(++(*
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #607 on: January 24, 2019, 09:48:11 PM »
Did you understand that by leaving there would be no free trade deal with the EU?  Is that what you voted for?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #608 on: January 24, 2019, 10:00:04 PM »
Did you understand that by leaving there would be no free trade deal with the EU?  Is that what you voted for?

I didn't vote for anything, but I understood what leave meant. Terminate, withdraw, depart.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #609 on: January 24, 2019, 10:03:49 PM »
I didn't vote for anything, but I understood what leave meant. Terminate, withdraw, depart.
You didn’t vote at all??   And yet you seem so sure of what you think is right. 

Offline Carana

« Reply #610 on: January 24, 2019, 11:01:39 PM »
If a small majority of people had agreed to drink Kool-Aid with the promise of sunlight uplands on Planet Zeta, then discovered that maybe Planet Zeta was unlikely to offer what they had been told, does everyone still have to drink it?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #611 on: January 25, 2019, 06:04:01 AM »
You didn’t vote at all??   And yet you seem so sure of what you think is right.

I know what leave means and I know what the result of the referendum vote was; it's not rocket science. I also understand what democracy is, which a lot of people appear to be struggling wth.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #612 on: January 25, 2019, 07:13:41 AM »
I know what leave means and I know what the result of the referendum vote was; it's not rocket science. I also understand what democracy is, which a lot of people appear to be struggling wth.
A process which you declined to take part in, I find that odd considering your strong views on the matter.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #613 on: January 25, 2019, 09:23:00 AM »
A process which you declined to take part in, I find that odd considering your strong views on the matter.

I have strong views on democracy, but not on Brexit as such. I didn't actually care whether the UK remained in the EU or not. If the vote had been a victory for remain and politicians had tried to circumvent that result I would have been just as scathing.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #614 on: January 25, 2019, 09:32:48 AM »

From what I have gathered Britain handed over all of its Right to The EU, and now The EU is refusing to give some of them back.

But I no longer care of what they do.  France has been very good to me.  So I won't be going anywhere any time soon.