Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 284919 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #750 on: January 29, 2019, 07:14:58 AM »
BREXIT won't be sorted overnight, it will take years to get everything into place so best to leave the EU on the 29 March and do the horse trading afterwards.
I don’t think the British Public has the stomach for months / years of chaos and food shortages.  But we shall see soon enough...
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #751 on: January 29, 2019, 07:49:01 AM »
BREXIT won't be sorted overnight, it will take years to get everything into place so best to leave the EU on the 29 March and do the horse trading afterwards.

What a good idea.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #752 on: January 29, 2019, 09:30:45 AM »
OMG! A shortage of lettuce! How will we survive?  @)(++(*
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

« Reply #753 on: January 29, 2019, 01:16:34 PM »

Offline Carana

« Reply #754 on: January 29, 2019, 01:28:12 PM »

The retailer consortium seems to be a little more concerned...

And Andrew Bridgen repeats the myth (first propagated by JRM, IIRC) that the UK will have tariff-free trade for 10 years under WTO's GATT Article XXIV while they thrash out an FTA. Spoiler: no it won't.
https://www.channel4.com/news/conservative-mp-andrew-bridgen-eu-will-blink-and-offer-us-better-terms

Offline Carana

« Reply #755 on: January 29, 2019, 03:39:26 PM »

If you mean leave with no deal, the UK will be a half-dead nag, and the vultures will be swirling.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #756 on: January 29, 2019, 04:21:19 PM »

I haven't heard of anyone being worried about a shortage of lettuce but some seem to be anxious about vital medicines.
Whether they are correct to be anxious, I have no idea.

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #757 on: January 29, 2019, 04:26:18 PM »
On a lighter note.  Been to the Banque Alimentair again today.  Really good, as ever.  And funded by The EU as well as food donated by local Supermarkets, only some of which is Sell by Date.

No one is ever made to feel belittled.

This for me is authorised by the local Mairie due to my appalling British State Pension which the whole of France thinks is a joke.

I have a lot to be thankful for.

My son tells me that Food Banks in Britain are also funded by The EU, so I am hard pushed to understand why Food Bank recipients in Britain are so despised.  Presumably this funding will stop if Britain leaves The EU.

No, I am not advocating Remain.  Probably the best that can be said is that France manages waste so much better than Britain, and has been doing so for more than Thirty years.

Offline Carana

« Reply #758 on: January 29, 2019, 05:14:09 PM »
On a lighter note.  Been to the Banque Alimentair again today.  Really good, as ever.  And funded by The EU as well as food donated by local Supermarkets, only some of which is Sell by Date.

This for me is authorised by the local Mairie due to my appalling British State Pension which the whole of France thinks is a joke.

My son tells me that Food Banks in Britain are also funded by The EU, so I am hard pushed to understand why Food Bank recipients in Britain are so despised.  Presumably this funding will stop if Britain leaves The EU.

No, I am not advocating Remain.  Probably the best that can be said is that France manages waste so much better than Britain, and has been doing so for more than Thirty years.

Good to hear that France is being helpful to you!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #759 on: January 29, 2019, 05:27:12 PM »
On turnips apparently.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #760 on: January 29, 2019, 05:30:50 PM »
Good to hear that France is being helpful to you!

France always has been, Carana.  This is why it has been difficult for me to decide what I think would be best for Britain.  But I still think that Brexit would be best.

France only see me as living below the bread line.  They aren't interested in my Nationality.  I am poor by their standards, so they help me.

More to the point, why are British State Pensions so disgusting?  I worked for all of my adult life for what I get.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #761 on: January 29, 2019, 05:40:19 PM »
Whoever thinks a vote to leave the EU meant a no-deal Brexit should ask themselves why pre-referendum a document called Our Case which Leave campaigners were encouraged to download and distribute to voters, and which is still available on their campaign website says: “Taking back control is a careful change, not a sudden stop — we will negotiate the terms of a new deal before we start any legal process to leave”.

Offline Carana

« Reply #762 on: January 29, 2019, 05:43:15 PM »
Whoever thinks a vote to leave the EU meant a no-deal Brexit should ask themselves why pre-referendum a document called Our Case which Leave campaigners were encouraged to download and distribute to voters, and which is still available on their campaign website says: “Taking back control is a careful change, not a sudden stop — we will negotiate the terms of a new deal before we start any legal process to leave”.

That should be another for Led by Donkeys.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #763 on: January 29, 2019, 05:58:48 PM »
Aww, back in the good old days pre referendum when it all seemed so easy, so cake-and-eat-it, this was how it was going to work

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/briefing_newdeal.html

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #764 on: January 29, 2019, 06:50:24 PM »

I was reading about why some people think it makes sense for those living permanently in France to apply for a residency permit or carte de sejour. You may have one, but if not these people know all about it;
https://www.remaininfrance.org/carte-de-sejour.html
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0