Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 284901 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #855 on: February 01, 2019, 07:14:49 PM »
The body needs salt and sugar  it is what we need to survive actually. if you ever have  'the runs' or hangover this is what you require to take with water to rehydrate.

Ask your dentist about the sugar and acid in fresh friuts. stips the enamel off. Veg is covered in pesticides...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #856 on: February 01, 2019, 07:39:34 PM »
Do they? Is that why Aldi and Liddl are causing them such problems? Our local Aldi had barely any cars in it's car park when I began shopping there. Within a year there were queues to park and the place was full of ex Sainsbury shoppers.

It seems to have excaped your notice that chips and beans are vegetables. A third of our daily diet should be made up of carbohydrates which includes potatoes. They supply fibre, Vitamin C, potassium, Vitamin B6 and iron. Baked beans count as one of the 5 a day.

Aldi and lidl are interesting cases...neither are public companies...the other supermarkets are and have to make a profit for their shareholders,,...Aldi and lidl are family owned and can operate at a loss to build market share...

Beans and chips is a very poor diet and to promote them as part of our 5 a day is a bit silly...but should we expect anything less...from a die hard sceptic

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #857 on: February 01, 2019, 07:41:27 PM »
The body needs salt and sugar  it is what we need to survive actually. if you ever have  'the runs' or hangover this is what you require to take with water to rehydrate.

Ask your dentist about the sugar and acid in fresh friuts. stips the enamel off. Veg is covered in pesticides...

sugar in friuts does not strip of any enamel

Offline Erngath

« Reply #858 on: February 01, 2019, 07:52:23 PM »
sugar in friuts does not strip of any enamel

What does strip the enamel off teeth?
I'm too old to be bothered but one of the family does seem concerned about this.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #859 on: February 01, 2019, 08:00:22 PM »
What does strip the enamel off teeth?
I'm too old to be bothered but one of the family does seem concerned about this.

fruit...fruit squash...fizzy drinks...diet fizzzy drinks ...acid reflux...acid is the new sugar

Offline Erngath

« Reply #860 on: February 01, 2019, 08:07:01 PM »
fruit...fruit squash...fizzy drinks...diet fizzzy drinks ...acid reflux...acid is the new sugar

Could be the diet fizzy drinks  for said family member.

Thankfully for me, no mention of wine? @)(++(*

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #861 on: February 01, 2019, 08:11:14 PM »
Could be the diet fizzy drinks  for said family member.

Thankfully for me, no mention of wine? @)(++(*

wine is a cause too....but we dont drink wine all day every day ,,...as some do diet coke...cider is another cause

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #862 on: February 01, 2019, 08:27:20 PM »
Aldi and lidl are interesting cases...neither are public companies...the other supermarkets are and have to make a profit for their shareholders,,...Aldi and lidl are family owned and can operate at a loss to build market share...

Beans and chips is a very poor diet and to promote them as part of our 5 a day is a bit silly...but should we expect anything less...from a die hard sceptic

Whatever their background their strategy is working.
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-2692087/CITY-FOCUS-How-big-grocers-tough-time-Mail-mans-exclusive-look-Aldi-UK.html

I think you misunderstood me. Did you think I was advocating a diet of just chips and beans? I wasn't. What I was saying is that they do provide nutrients and are a perfectly acceptable part of our diets. It's a fact that baked beans count as one of the five a day, did you not know that?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #863 on: February 01, 2019, 08:36:03 PM »
Whatever their background their strategy is working.
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-2692087/CITY-FOCUS-How-big-grocers-tough-time-Mail-mans-exclusive-look-Aldi-UK.html

I think you misunderstood me. Did you think I was advocating a diet of just chips and beans? I wasn't. What I was saying is that they do provide nutrients and are a perfectly acceptable part of our diets. It's a fact that baked beans count as one of the five a day, did you not know that?

I don't like either of them.
Until someone else orders chips, then I will steal a few. @)(++(*

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #864 on: February 01, 2019, 08:41:30 PM »
I notice project fear is being rolled out more and more by the MSM as we approach BREXIT day.  @)(++(*
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #865 on: February 01, 2019, 08:44:54 PM »
I notice project fear is being rolled out more and more by the MSM as we approach BREXIT day.  @)(++(*

No concerns at all?

If you have, probably wiling to face those concerns in the same way I would for independence?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 08:47:08 PM by Erngath »

Offline Carana

« Reply #866 on: February 01, 2019, 08:56:04 PM »
I really don't get it.

There are people who can't afford the basics of life, and some are scroungers. It's up to the authorities to work out who are really in need and who are scroungers.

But how has the  Corbyn faction actually provided an alternative, workable plan to the Brexit mess? I haven't come across one.

What concrete plan have  the members of the Euro-sceptic "European Research Group" (ERG), which most of the far-right faction of the Conservatives appear to belong to, offered that is not based on fantasy as opposed to reality? I haven't found anything viable in that direction either.

The latter do keep repeating the myth of a provision in the WTO rulebook which wouldn't apply (according to nearly every WTO / legal eagle that I've come across who has attempted to explain this. Ad nauseum).

With all this Brexit mess, is anyone (of either party) actually concentrating on issues that affect people here and now?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #867 on: February 01, 2019, 11:39:54 PM »
I’m going to put my neck on the line and say that a version of Theresa May’s deal will be accepted by parliament shortly, an extension to the deadline will be granted, we will leave the EU later in the year, the country will gradually go to shit over the ensuing year or so, and everyone will blame her for all the ills that befall the country that follow on from exit day. What will follow is a Labour government during which things will go from bad to worse, but Brexiteers will never, ever admit they were wrong and that it’s all Remainers fault.  How do you reckon it will play out?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Carana

« Reply #868 on: February 02, 2019, 09:27:17 AM »
I’m going to put my neck on the line and say that a version of Theresa May’s deal will be accepted by parliament shortly, an extension to the deadline will be granted, we will leave the EU later in the year, the country will gradually go to shit over the ensuing year or so, and everyone will blame her for all the ills that befall the country that follow on from exit day. What will follow is a Labour government during which things will go from bad to worse, but Brexiteers will never, ever admit they were wrong and that it’s all Remainers fault.  How do you reckon it will play out?

Sounds quite plausible to me.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #869 on: February 02, 2019, 11:29:02 AM »

Rumbles in Ireland ... rumbles in Gibraltar ... do we have any fisheries protection vessels left to patrol our waters?All predictable and much more to be added as reality bites home ... but Jeremy Corbyn in Downing Street I cannot envisage.

I don't think the electorate will contemplate promoting him from being the most (in my opinion) inept leader of HM Opposition ever to Prime Minister ... it just is not going to happen.

Hung parliaments and civil unrest look most likely to me.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....