Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 284914 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #1260 on: February 17, 2019, 03:20:49 PM »

hmmmm is a thinking emoji... cut away.

I will.  You are not as daft as you pretend to be, so please stop doing this.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1261 on: February 17, 2019, 03:21:56 PM »
Are you suggesting I go through all EU standards one by one. Perhaps it would help if I reminded you that the UK before EU had it's own standards  like the bulldog and kyte marks?  You seem to be of the impression that the UK was a third world country before the Common Market- which was the beginning of the EU.

How you make me laugh!

You can explain how siding with Trump will lower standards are you suggest.

You and others have absolutely no idea what will happen after we leave.

Correct.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1262 on: February 17, 2019, 03:27:41 PM »
What rich are you referring to?  the Albanian , Russian, Romanin drug cartels who operate here as  erm Business men.  or do you differenciate rich people according to birth place?
I make no differentiation based on birth place.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Carana

« Reply #1263 on: February 17, 2019, 03:29:07 PM »
I really don't understand how the UK could functon in the event of a no deal. Perrhaps others could enlighten me.

And no, Article 24 won't apply.

So what's the solution?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1264 on: February 17, 2019, 03:29:35 PM »

I was merely trying to establish which rich people VS was  talking about. as he has no qualms about those people coming here to make money then complains about them when they become rich...

confused.co.uk  lol
Talk about TOTALLY misrepresenting my views, well done  8@??)(
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1265 on: February 17, 2019, 03:31:58 PM »
Selling the big issue is NOT a proper job.  there would be no impact on the community if it was banned for any reason so lets keep thjis real.

The big issue was  the brainchild  founded by John Bird and Gordon Roddick in September 1991. It was designed to hel[p people get off the streets and give them a good start here in the UK. well then what happened? more homeless people came over and it became a 'job' which meant these people had a national insurance number to claim tax credits and all sorts. child minding?  and they were now eligable for social housing. Which is in a state  because of lack of social housing. therefore, the housing situation got much worse and selling the big issue for John and Gordon made them millionaires- hey whood  dah thunk it.  them with a  concience and alll that. How many cheap resonably priced social housing have they provided for from their VAST profit, those who are born in the UK and do not have criminal convictions are drug users and abusers?.... hmmm anyone got figures?

This is the big issue :the more people who come here to sell the big issue because they are homeless are adding to the bloody Homeless problem.  Duh
Ranty McRantface if full flow...  @)(++(*

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1266 on: February 17, 2019, 03:39:30 PM »
by selling the big issue its possible to be classed as self employed and therefore opens the door to benefits

Indeed! And that is what started with these people getting child beneft for their 5 children living in(.....)(child beneft used to be paid only to the person whom the child stayed with-this was changed to acccommodate new comers leaving kids at home to come and do important work like selling Big Issue) again this was taken as advice from EU regarding freedom of movement/Work etc. with the' right to buy' these poor homeless migrants jumped queues and bought up social housing, becoming land and gentry now hahahahaha! we know how to shoot opurselves in the foot.
 You may call it enterprising, I call it theft and fraud to the detriment of hard working nurses /doctors/fireservice men and women who can't get housed near their work in London! - then have to pay congestion charges if they drive from outside!

It was one of the better ideas that in order to stay in this country to work people had to be wokring ino an industry which required skills and would earn over £35.000. enough to support themselves.  Selling big issue isn't an industry which benefits the counrty as a whole now is it? If those people went home they would not be homelss no need to sell the paper.  Win-Win situation.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1267 on: February 17, 2019, 03:44:04 PM »

Oh Poor Charlotte, poor guy...

I think you hit the nail on the head there Eleanor.  We in the UK were treating directives as laws which much be obeyed due to out fked up beaurocrat, and jobs worths. The bleeding hearts of the left and greens have turned us into a bunch of crybabies who weep and whail at any sad story sent to side blind us. Geting out of the EU will remove this group of people from have such responsibility they have been under skilled to cope with.

Yeahhhhhhh!

The working time directive is a law

« Reply #1268 on: February 17, 2019, 03:57:55 PM »
I really don't understand how the UK could functon in the event of a no deal. Perrhaps others could enlighten me.

So what's the solution?

I don't think enlightening you is a priority for anyone.  Perhaps just do what we all should do and that is wait and see. We are not a back water, we have clout and power still on the global plain.  so try not to write us off yet ...

« Reply #1269 on: February 17, 2019, 04:02:03 PM »
Ranty McRantface if full flow...  @)(++(*

Name calling?  really wow.  I am not a Mc - they are from Ireland. They say ignorance is bliss- how blissful you must be.

I did think name calling and insutls were not allowed. and those who complain the most are.."drum roll".VS and the skeptics.

whood dah thunk it.

Mac's are Scottish  just in case you feel more insults coming forth. ^*&&

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1270 on: February 17, 2019, 04:15:53 PM »
Name calling?  really wow.  I am not a Mc - they are from Ireland. They say ignorance is bliss- how blissful you must be.

I did think name calling and insutls were not allowed. and those who complain the most are.."drum roll".VS and the skeptics.

whood dah thunk it.

Mac's are Scottish  just in case you feel more insults coming forth. ^*&&
Very sorry to describe you as a Mc, I know it’s a beastly insult and I feel very ashamed.  8)><(

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1271 on: February 17, 2019, 04:17:27 PM »

So what's the solution?

Have you no faith in Britain?  God help us all, as He must have done when The War ended.

You see, those of you who have no real conception of what is going on, because you don't really know, are trying to frighten people like me.  Why do you do this?

You don't live in France, so how can you know how kind the French State is?  But then you aren't prepared to take a chance, are you.

Britain must do what The Referendum says.  But I am not taking my chances on that.  I no longer care anymore.
I won't be going anywhere near Britain.

I am just mortally disappointed by what vestiges of pride I thought might still exist.

You see, people like me who bailed out were so fed up with what had been done to us.  I was working pretty nearly 24/7  in some vain attempt to make my Small Business work.  It worked for seven years, but by then I was so exhausted that I couldn't even think anymore.

It was so much more easy to come here and cut the grass of of expats, for a price wasn't even known of in UK.

So don't tell me about entrepreneurs.   They are just people who take their chances.

Britain is looking stone cold dead to me at the moment.  And I don't care anymore.

« Reply #1272 on: February 17, 2019, 05:14:42 PM »
Very sorry to describe you as a Mc, I know it’s a beastly insult and I feel very ashamed.  8)><(

Attacking me as a person and not my posts shows you up.  I do hope a moderator comes and swipes your goading,bullying posts. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1273 on: February 17, 2019, 06:19:37 PM »
Attacking me as a person and not my posts shows you up.  I do hope a moderator comes and swipes your goading,bullying posts.
How did I attack you “as a person” exactly?  Your post was a rant as so many of them are.  I made a humorous (obviously that’s subjective) reference to that by using the Boaty McBoatface meme as a means to taking the wind out of your sails.  I did not attack your person or your character so no need to be so sensitive and try and lighten up a bit, it’s not worth getting your blood pressure up over it, really.  As for bullying, I suggest you re-read some of your own posts directed at me. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 06:21:47 PM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1274 on: February 17, 2019, 06:23:34 PM »

Mc is a shortened form of Mac.
Do a wee Google..
Neither one or t'other is particularly the perogative of the Scots or Irish.
So no insult at all.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 06:33:31 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.